The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

GG How has Hoyte done this season?

Barely played. When he has he's been shit. Wasn't too bad today though, did well up against Commons. Danny Rose did really well today too, managed to miss yet another sitter, but he wasn't half bad. Such an easy game today, we must sign Rasiak on a permanent deal and I really hope we can get Jack Cork back next season. Derby are shit. Roll on next season, we ought to be pushing for play-offs based on our form since Brendan Rodgers has arrived, done a terrific job so far, let's hope it goes on as it has begun.

saw some two faced refereeing by mark halsey

remember the hand-ball he gave against martins v spurs, the same happened in the man utd box and it hit a man utd player just like martins and it was no penalty to boro

thankfully it wasn't, but it really made my blood boil and shows how bias and cheats referee's are, halsey was born near manchester as well

Dear me.  He made a human error.

And Hertfordshire is not 'near Manchester'.

Ferdinand and Melbranque both broken in the first 3 minutes, our luck's rubbing off :lol:

EDIT: Ferdinand's back on and I think Melbranque might just be getting stitches actually.  Only half watching with the sound off.

Guest Darth Toon

Can someone please take the opportunity at half time to explain the offside rule to Jo - he's as bad as Shola ffs!

That's got 0-0 written all over it. That'll put the mackems 5 points ahead of us with a better GD, we'll need to win 2 out of 3 to overtake them, even if they get no more points this season.

As I said at the time, we really should have gone for Pedro Mendez in January, looking very classy today

Bruno Aguiar in the Hearts side as well. Been talking about him for a while. Good set-piece taker and tidy passer. Would probably still be attracted to us if we went down also.

Jo in playing-s*** except for a couple of games shocker.

fyp

His general play at home has been impressive. As well as scoring a few, his hold up play and generally linking with midfielders has been quite good. Away from home he looks lost.

That's got 0-0 written all over it. That'll put the mackems 5 points ahead of us with a better GD, we'll need to win 2 out of 3 to overtake them, even if they get no more points this season.

If we did catch them (which means a win and two draws for us and three losses for then) then our goal difference would inevitably be better then theirs.  So I wouldn't worry about it, its actually getting the points needed to catch up that we should worry about.