The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

all the talent on the pitch and the best player so far is florent malouda. wouldve struggled to believe that a year, or even a few months, ago.

some on here would rather have Damien Duff going by the summer comments

or what was it? A poor man's Jonas  :lol:

Guest Mcdonald36

I see the Arsenal of Spain are getting mullered, despite their prancing and 5 billion % possession.

all the talent on the pitch and the best player so far is florent malouda. wouldve struggled to believe that a year, or even a few months, ago.

Malouda was playing gash when we were linked with him. Did you fancy him to pick UP form here? I didn't. :lol:

Easy to say in hindsight.

I think even at the time it was well documented that Souness wanted Anelka & Boa Morte, but someone else in the club wanted Owen & Luque. To be fair I don't remember too many complaints at the time.

On paper those two probably looked better options, Luque in La Liga was a top player period, ignore what happened when he joined. Owen was still a top striker with good pedigree, where as Anelka was the trouble making goalscorer, hindsight being the wonderful thing it is, Anelka and Boa Morte would have been better.

I'm not sure if you were around at the time or not Nixon but most around these parts wanted Anelka at the time.

Guest Stephen927

Both Chelsea full backs are struggling. Would have fancied Cole to do better against Messi too.

Some on here?

can't believe so many people dislike Duff

he's a top, top pro, great attitude, humble, full of good positive comments, obviously a very positive influence in the dressing room, on the pitch and around the club and on top of that, he could very well still be a great player. We need more Damien Duffs

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,48070.msg1117869.html#msg1117869

:lol:

Guest Mcdonald36

Please nobody bite tonight. Last night was awful.

Are you accusing me of posting to get a reaction?

I post my opinions, I couldn't give a toss if a few upstarts can't handle it and react with abuse.

Malouda was playing gash when we were linked with him. Did you fancy him to pick UP form here? I didn't. :lol:

An off form Malouda would have still been our best attacking player this season by an absolute mile

Guest Mcdonald36

Messi dominating another big game...

Yeah, because he was s*** against Real Madrid at the weekend.

Bless, another jumped up little tosser to bat off.

I said 'big game'. La Liga is like the SPL these days.

Kinel, another jumped up little tosser to bat off.

You truly are the biggest turdburger WUM on here.

Kinel, another jumped up little tosser to bat off.

Yeah, I don't like you.

Bye.

I doubt that Barca are going to score. They pass the ball through a defence really well, but that's their only strategy and Chelsea know what's coming. They don't have the aerial power to go over their defence or to get on the end of corners / crosses.

I'd love to see them get through, but I don't think it'll happen.