The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest fraser

I don't know which match some of you were watching, but there was only one team over the two legs who was playing football and trying to win and they waved the Catalan flag.

If someone has possession and area statistics, not that they mean much, it'd show also how many times Chelsea actually got out of their own halves to look for a win.

Barca deserves to win this. Chelsea defended well but it was like watchin Bolton or Pompey do their thing: there were two blue shirts surrounding a yellow one each time.

Defending intelligently can be done as beautifully as attacking.

Watch another sport.

Very impersonal, thanks.

Basketball, as a suggestion.

I play the pocket-version all day, thank you very much. And you're right, it's fuckin' exciting.

What you do with your free time is up to you. Doesn't mean it's great for me to watch (particularly in your case...).

I don't like Chelsea but Drogba was right, that was a f***ing disgrace.

To not give 3 clear pens plus another good shout for one.... that ref is either a cheat or way out of his depth.

Only 1 of them was clear imo.

You could argue that the 50-50 between Alves and Malouda as well. If you're going to call that a foul, at least call it where it occured.

Pique's handball was a clear pen imo. Drogba threw himself on the floor, the Molouda incident was outside the box, and the Eto'o handball was clearly not a pen.

The Barca player grabbed a hand full of Drogba's shirt and held on to it to pull him back so the keeper could get to the ball first.  Unless you disagree that happened I've no idea how you can argue that it wasn't a pen.  Doesn't matter one jot if he threw himself down, the foul was there and it was obvious.

Guest BooBoo

What's he saying? Why the fuck does he even care?!

Cousin and best mate of Lampard aint he?

Guest BooBoo

I forgot. Is he still shagging Louise Taylor?

:dowie:

Who the fuck's Louise Taylor?

The Devil Incarnate.

:kinnear:

The petite one from All Saints.

Or am I too old?

I actually made up her last name. Louise was all I used to mutter with the eyes closed.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/179/louisetaylor.jpg

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

Or am I too old?

I actually made up her last name. Louise was all I used to mutter with the eyes closed.

I think you mean Louise Nurding (now Redknapp) and she was formely a singer in Eternal before a brief solo career. They're still married.

Or am I too old?

I think you mean Louise Nurding (now Redknapp) and she was formely a singer in Eternal before a brief solo career. They're still married.

Wait, I thought Eternal was the one with the black chick?

Oh man, I'm so confused.

Guest BooBoo

Eternal was three black girls and Louise.

It was All Saints who had three white girls (two of which now the partners of Liam Howlett and Liam Gallagher) and one black girl.

Guest ovesbar

Souness and Hiddink basically saying it's a fix because UEFA don't want two English clubs in the final.

Yeah, that's why Abidal got sent off.

O0

Eternal was three black girls and Louise.

It was All Saints who had three white girls (two of which now the partners of Liam Howlett and Liam Gallagher) and one black girl.

You're now officially my 90s nostalgia minister. Cheers.