Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

It remains fucking idiotic.

They've tried to sell the club; they couldn't. What good does insisting they should be "out" achieve?

It might stop this idea that he's "welcome back" for starters.

So where do we all go from here then?

Not as a deliberate campaign but ST renewals will show him I think.

Think you missed my point.

What I'm asking is if he can't go and he isn't welcome back then what happens now?

he will either accept a reduced price or be forced to accept a reduced price due to relegation, because I can't see him having a change of heart for the simple reason seriously competing with the big boys again was never on his agenda to start with.

IMO anyway.

They've tried to sell the club; they couldn't. What good does insisting they should be "out" achieve?

What I'm asking is if he can't go and he isn't welcome back then what happens now?

he will either accept a reduced price or be forced to accept a reduced price due to relegation, because I can't see him having a change of heart for the simple reason seriously competing with the big boys again was never on his agenda to start with.

IMO anyway.

And if no-one makes an offer?

Why would someone whose aim was to compete with the big boys not give him what he's asking for the club?

IMO anyway.

Why would someone whose aim was to compete with the big boys not give him what he's asking for the club?

They will at a realistic price.

The alternative is we wait out the recession for a couple of years - probably relegated by then.

IMO anyway.

The alternative is we wait out the recession for a couple of years - probably relegated by then.

So basically what you're after is someone who's less reckless with their money than Mike Ashley is?

How does that square with wanting to compete with the big boys?

IMO anyway.

So basically what you're after is someone who's less reckless with their money than Mike Ashley is?

:lol:

IMO anyway.

you were asking what would happen next ?

Another possibility is that we will spend years, or more years, competing at the level of the Birminghams, Stokes, Boltons etc of the football world. Eventually going down, and spend at least a few years trying to get back up ?

Another alternative is we might be the only solvent club in the premiership, managing to stave off relegation for years and settling for staying in the premiership and solvency while other clubs showing ambition are successful on the pitch ?

If you don't think that is what might happen next, what alternative to the above possibilities do you think could happen next ?

When I say "compete with the big boys", you do understand that we are the 3rd biggest supported club in the country, with a unique one city one club fanbase, and really ought to be competing higher than these smaller clubs ie like we did between 1992 and 2007 ?

IMO anyway.

have you told us if you are backing Ashley or not yet ?

When I say "compete with the big boys", you do understand that we are the 3rd biggest supported club in the country, with a unique one city one club fanbase, and really ought to be competing higher than these smaller clubs ie like we did between 1992 1993 and 2007 2003?

Fixed.

IMO anyway.

Possibly the best post on the internet in the modern history of Newcastle United. Well done Indi.

Guest fading star

Someone who undertook due diligence would be a good start, and personally I’d quite like them to wear a suit and sit in the directors box as well. All that “Look at me down this pint, I’m one of the lads me like” stuff made was a sure sign Ashley would be trouble.

IMO anyway.

Another possibility is that we will spend years, or more years, competing at the level of the Birminghams, Stokes, Boltons etc of the football world. Eventually going down, and spend at least a few years trying to get back up ?

Another alternative is we might be the only solvent club in the premiership, managing to stave off relegation for years and settling for staying in the premiership and solvency while other clubs showing ambition are successful on the pitch ?

If you don't think that is what might happen next, what alternative to the above possibilities do you think could happen next ?

When I say "compete with the big boys", you do understand that we are the 3rd biggest supported club in the country, with a unique one city one club fanbase, and really ought to be competing higher than these smaller clubs ie like we did between 1992 and 2007 ?

What I started off asking was "if he can't go and he isn't welcome back then what happens now?", meaning if no-one else buys the club (for whatever reason) and the fans won't accept him as the owner, where does that leave NUFC as a club? I'd suggest that the answer is not in a good place. If the situation is that he can't leave, then the only thing that can change is for the fans to accept that as the reality and try to encourage him to do the best for the club that they can get him to. The club is in turmoil at the moment how long does that go on before people put away their pride/anger/whatever and start doing something about it? What good does it do for the fans to do all they can to discourage the owner from wanting anything to do with the club? Given the current global financial situation it's looking increasingly unlikely that someone's going to come along and buy the club, so whether we like it or not, it looks like the club is going to continue being owned by Mike Ashley in the short to medium term at least. Are people going to continue protesting for months, years, decades? If they are, how does that help us win games, attract new players, etc? Because it's hardly going to encourage him to invest in the club, is it.

If we are going to get  bought out by someone else, then again, how does continuing protests actually help that? Everyone knows the fans aren't happy now, everyone knows Ashley wants out, all that carrying on the protests does is make that less likely, rather than more likely. Whether it's true or not, the media portray us as having unrealistic expectations and most of the rest of the country has accepted that as the truth. So the only people who are likely to want to buy the club are people like those that have taken over Citeh (ie have unlimited funds) everyone else is going to see NUFC as a hiding to nothing. The more the protests go on the more this opinion will solidify in people's minds and the harder it'll become for the club to be sold, regardless of the global conditions.

I have to say I'm surprised to see you using an "anyone but Shepherd Ashley" argument, do you really think that the kind of people who would have to wait for Ashley to significantly lower his asking price are the kind of people who could afford to be "ambitious"? I don't.

We're caught in a catch-22 situation there's no-one about that is going to come in and spend mega-money and the perception is that the fans won't accept someone coming in and not spending big. Something has to change, it doesn't look like the first one's going to, so that leaves the second and it's one of the few things in modern football that the fans might actually be able to have some impact upon, if they want to. That seems to be a big if at the moment though.

IMO anyway.

Forgot to say, I'm more than aware that we have the third biggest crowd in the country, but as should be obvious, that's not all it takes to win a game of football any more, unfortunately.

Someone who undertook due diligence would be a good start, and personally I’d quite like them to wear a suit and sit in the directors box as well. All that “Look at me down this pint, I’m one of the lads me like” stuff made was a sure sign Ashley would be trouble.

Well I'll happily do that.

Wahey!! looks like I'm the new crowd favourite to take over the club, may as well sign on the dotted line now Mike, I have my mandate and I know what's required of me. I won't let anyone down, my suit wearing and sitting in the directors' box will be of the highest quality and with leadership like that this club is going places. We're going to win the league!!!

Yeah we'd be much better off with someone that slagged off the locals, mocked the gullible fans and took the piss out of our star player.

IMO anyway.

What I started off asking was "if he can't go and he isn't welcome back then what happens now?", meaning if no-one else buys the club (for whatever reason) and the fans won't accept him as the owner, where does that leave NUFC as a club? I'd suggest that the answer is not in a good place. If the situation is that he can't leave, then the only thing that can change is for the fans to accept that as the reality and try to encourage him to do the best for the club that they can get him to. The club is in turmoil at the moment how long does that go on before people put away their pride/anger/whatever and start doing something about it? What good does it do for the fans to do all they can to discourage the owner from wanting anything to do with the club? Given the current global financial situation it's looking increasingly unlikely that someone's going to come along and buy the club, so whether we like it or not, it looks like the club is going to continue being owned by Mike Ashley in the short to medium term at least. Are people going to continue protesting for months, years, decades? If they are, how does that help us win games, attract new players, etc? Because it's hardly going to encourage him to invest in the club, is it.

If we are going to get  bought out by someone else, then again, how does continuing protests actually help that? Everyone knows the fans aren't happy now, everyone knows Ashley wants out, all that carrying on the protests does is make that less likely, rather than more likely. Whether it's true or not, the media portray us as having unrealistic expectations and most of the rest of the country has accepted that as the truth. So the only people who are likely to want to buy the club are people like those that have taken over Citeh (ie have unlimited funds) everyone else is going to see NUFC as a hiding to nothing. The more the protests go on the more this opinion will solidify in people's minds and the harder it'll become for the club to be sold, regardless of the global conditions.

I have to say I'm surprised to see you using an "anyone but Shepherd Ashley" argument, do you really think that the kind of people who would have to wait for Ashley to significantly lower his asking price are the kind of people who could afford to be "ambitious"? I don't.

We're caught in a catch-22 situation there's no-one about that is going to come in and spend mega-money and the perception is that the fans won't accept someone coming in and not spending big. Something has to change, it doesn't look like the first one's going to, so that leaves the second and it's one of the few things in modern football that the fans might actually be able to have some impact upon, if they want to. That seems to be a big if at the moment though.

:clap:

Indi's on a roll.

Guest fading star

Yeah we'd be much better off with someone that slagged off the locals, mocked the gullible fans and took the piss out of our star player.

We we’re better off with someone that slagged off the locals, mocked the gullible fans and took the piss out of our star player. Or are you suggesting we’ll do better than regularly qualifying for European with Mr Ashley at the helm.

Well I'll happily do that.

Wahey!! looks like I'm the new crowd favourite to take over the club, may as well sign on the dotted line now Mike, I have my mandate and I know what's required of me. I won't let anyone down, my suit wearing and sitting in the directors' box will be of the highest quality and with leadership like that this club is going places. We're going to win the league!!!

We we’re better off with someone that slagged off the locals, mocked the gullible fans and took the piss out of our star player. Or are you suggesting we’ll do better than regularly qualifying for European with Mr Ashley at the helm.

I loved Shepherd for the most part, never agreed with the ridiculous criticism. You're missing the point though.

My point was, as indi has also suggested, that wearing a suit or downing a pint is utterly meaningless when it comes to whether someone can do the job or not.

Or if you really think it is that important, does that mean you will support Ashley if he sticks a shirt and tie on for you?

My point was, as indi has also suggested, that wearing a suit or downing a pint is utterly meaningless when it comes to whether someone can do the job or not.

Or if you really think it is that important, does that mean you will support Ashley if he sticks a shirt and tie on for you?

Agree. Wasn't a single person slagging off Ashley about all the "one of the lads" stuff before the shit hit the fan.

I recall most of us quite enjoyed it at the time.

Someone who undertook due diligence would be a good start, and personally Id quite like them to wear a suit and sit in the directors box as well. All that Look at me down this pint, Im one of the lads me like stuff made was a sure sign Ashley would be trouble.

And took a London hedge fund manager type salary out of the club for doing so, as well as employing family members and cronies like a bent MP would.

I want to know what people believe Ashleys actions should be for the club. Do people think Ashley should be spending his money left right and centre for the Newcastle cause?

And if people dont think he has to spend his own money then where do people think the money should come from?

I dont think people relaise how right Ashley might have it.

I want to know what people believe Ashleys actions should be for the club. Do people think Ashley should be spending his money left right and centre for the Newcastle cause?

And if people dont think he has to spend his own money then where do people think the money should come from?

I dont think people relaise how right Ashley might have it.

Get a full time manager.

Ashley right about what?

Lets keep it brief as I am off in 5mins.

Are you suggesting the club generates no money?

Im suggesting that the money the clubs generating is being eaten by wages. As we dont have a benefactor type owner, surely the most sensible thing is to reduce the wage levels to a sensible level, freeing up money and adding it to the supposed £20m ~Ashley was affording, as opposed to relying on the £20m Ashley was supposedley affording us and adding to that wage bill.

Financially spekaing, Spurs are really doing the business.

They have a low wage bill, yet they arent compromising the quality of the squad, they're also investing in players who dont lose there value too much, we're in a position where our wage bill is crippling our potential to spend becasue no matter how mch we're spending we're always adding to an already inflated wage bill which further spas resources.

Throwing money at the problem wont solve a thing becasue our starting point is so precarious. A great man once said, ambition first then balance the books later, well when is later?