Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

I love the way knackers who go to a few games because they enjoy the experience seem to think they deserve some kind of medal.

I love the knackers that didn't support the club when it was shite who don't have any opinion or judgement on anything until after its happened.

I don't care how long this chump has been supporting the club, this dumb banner remains a fucking embarrassment and will achieve nothing except to give the club's enemies another way of portraying us all as a bunch of small-minded tossers.

Trouble with the southern-born wife, eh? Hardly surprising, is it? :lol:

the most pathetic post you've ever made, and there has been plenty of hot competition

Not surprised to see you're a fervent supporter of this imbecilic banner.

I'll support anything that says to people that Ashley is the wrong man for the club, as I've been saying since long before he even appointed Keegan, never mind lost him, and its only now that some people are waking up to it. Unlike you, of course. I'm sure you will back him all the way and in your usual style deny it later.

Guest black n white

the only problem i have with the banner is that it is disrespectful to the mafia ;D

was it not the media that started this by claiming the club was being ran from london?

I don't care how long this chump has been supporting the club, this dumb banner remains a fucking embarrassment and will achieve nothing except to give the club's enemies another way of portraying us all as a bunch of small-minded tossers.

the most pathetic post you've ever made, and there has been plenty of hot competition

I'll support anything that says to people that Ashley is the wrong man for the club, as I've been saying since long before he even appointed Keegan, never mind lost him, and its only now that some people are waking up to it. Unlike you, of course. I'm sure you will back him all the way and in your usual style deny it later.

So all of us on this thread expressing our honest opinion that this dumb banner is an embarrassment are therefore 'backing Ashley all the way"?

Grow up, eh?

Guest jrtoonarmy

I love the way knackers who go to a few games because they enjoy the experience seem to think they deserve some kind of medal.

Is that you referring to Keith? He's done more then just went to a few games! Without Keith how would fans have travelled to Sofia,Belgrade,Zagreb, Kiev,Zeljeznicar,Sakhnin,Panionios,Olympiakos,

Tallinn,Ventspils when there was no effort from the club to put on flights or any transport? Even when we went to olso for the lillestrom match when ryanair cancelled the flight guess who got me home? Keith Barrett!! some people have got very shot memories or they give dont give a fuck!

Mike ashley invested Millions of his own money into the club and like Keith, may make a few bob out of it. Dont see anyone dredging the shit out of his arse.

Actually, according to some thats not true, but you get my point.

Is that you referring to Keith? He's done more then just went to a few games! Without Keith how would fans have travelled to Sofia,Belgrade,Zagreb, Kiev,Zeljeznicar,Sakhnin,Panionios,Olympiakos,

Tallinn,Ventspils when there was no effort from the club to put on flights or any transport? Even when we went to olso for the lillestrom match when ryanair cancelled the flight guess who got me home? Keith Barrett!! some people have got very shot memories or they give dont give a fuck!

I was referring to NJS, but the number of matches Keith has been to doesn't change my opinion of this stupid banner one little bit.

So all of us on this thread expressing our honest opinion that this dumb banner is an embarrassment are therefore 'backing Ashley all the way"?

Grow up, eh?

nah, I reckon you should wise up ........

I asked you earlier if you back Ashley or not, and/or to what degree, but as usual you don't respond, until he makes a comeback possibly before applying your hindsight again

Mike ashley invested Millions of his own money into the club and like Keith, may make a few bob out of it. Dont see anyone dredging the shit out of his arse.

Only relevant if Ashley sells at a loss imo.

you'll soon realise what mandiarse is all about if you stick around mate ........ bluelaugh.gif

Cant see him selling at a profit at the minute. Not a fair comparison anyway as Ashley's only been around 18 months.

Its funny like but Ashley gave 80% of Newcastle fans exactly what they wanted, 1. He got rid of Shepherd 2. He (apparently) introduced some sense into the business operations that people complained about under Shepherd and 3. He brought King Kev back and gave SJP the opportunity to sing EIEIEIO one more time (which most would never have expected).

We dont know why things fucked up over the summer but if it turns out Kev was playing silly buggers i'll feel sorry for him in a lot of ways. If you took a wishlist from 2005/6, am sure a lot of what went on up till sept 2nd was in line with what people wanted, apart from a missing 20m worth of investment and again we dont know why that didnt happen either.

Maybe i'm being too circumspect.

I was referring to NJS, but the number of matches Keith has been to doesn't change my opinion of this stupid banner one little bit.

I don't believe in pissing contest in general but when it comes to football, people who put time, effort and money into actually supporting the team deserve credit for that - I have no problem with anyone anywhere calling themselves a fan and supporting the team in spirit but to pretend they are the same level of fan as those who go to games is ridiculous imo.

Cant see him selling at a profit at the minute. Not a fair comparison anyway as Ashley's only been around 18 months.

Its funny like but Ashley gave 80% of Newcastle fans exactly what they wanted, 1. He got rid of Shepherd 2. He (apparently) introduced some sense into the business operations that people complained about under Shepherd and 3. He brought King Kev back and gave SJP the opportunity to sing EIEIEIO one more time (which most would never have expected).

We dont know why things fucked up over the summer but if it turns out Kev was playing silly buggers i'll feel sorry for him in a lot of ways. If you took a wishlist from 2005/6, am sure a lot of what went on up till sept 2nd was in line with what people wanted, apart from a missing 20m worth of investment and again we dont know why that didnt happen either.

I agree up to a point with satisfying the wishlist but its at the cost of the most important thing imo - ambition.

Of course its my interpretaion that he lacks ambition (or more precisely the willingness to fund it) which I accept.

I don't believe in pissing contest in general but when it comes to football, people who put time, effort and money into actually supporting the team deserve credit for that - I have no problem with anyone anywhere calling themselves a fan and supporting the team in spirit but to pretend they are the same level of fan as those who go to games is ridiculous imo.

oh dear. You can't say that to "fans" like mandiarse .......

Maybe they only thought thats what they wanted ie anybody but the fat bastard and all of that ?

Some should have known better though.

Nowhere near as ridiculous as calling someone an "enemy of the club" because they disagree with you.

Maybe they only thought thats what they wanted ie anybody but the fat bastard and all of that ?

Some should have known better though.

The fan's expectations were developed over the 90s and they expected it to be the norm to be competing at the top and in Europe every year. When we were subsequently in mid table the frustrations of the fans were taken out on the board, a position i never agreed with as i could see it was them that had given them the expectations in the first place!!

I think that those frustrations are still there and people want to take them out on someone else now. We need to step back and think about where we've been as a club, the state of the current financial world and maybe hold back from anymore discontent for now. These banners are getting us nowhere at the minute.

Nowhere near as ridiculous as calling someone an "enemy of the club" because they disagree with you.

It wasn't primarily because you disagreed with me - it was because you implied that the banner could be used by "enemies" which I think is bollocks and leading on from that I think people who support Ashley as fully as I get the impression you do are in my opinion just as much enemies of the club as nebulous media or fans of other clubs.

The fan's expectations were developed over the 90s and they expected it to be the norm to be competing at the top and in Europe every year. When we were subsequently in mid table the frustrations of the fans were taken out on the board, a position i never agreed with as i could see it was them that had given them the expectations in the first place!!

I think that those frustrations are still there and people want to take them out on someone else now.

I talked about this before - I think you're right but at the same time I think expecting fans to go back to being content with medocrity is asking too much. Maybe society has moved on as well but I think when you are paying £40/£600 to watch football instead of £3.50 the onus is more on the clubs to put more effort in - especially considering the other revenue streams.

I had an argument with a Liverpool fan when we played them when Dalglis hhad just left and his view of Newcastle was of a club who'd had a couple of good years and would now fuck off back to where they belong just like Taylor's Watford did. The sad thing is I don't think we've went quite that far but it seems that a few on here accept the "natural order" of things too easily.

It wasn't primarily because you disagreed with me - it was because you implied that the banner could be used by "enemies" which I think is bollocks and leading on from that I think people who support Ashley as fully as I get the impression you do are in my opinion just as much enemies of the club as nebulous media or fans of other clubs.

You're like a hysterical old wife, man.

How anyone can be labeled an enemy of the club because they support the present owner is strange to say the least. He may have upset Keegan he may have appointed Wise but he also probably saved the club from the financial Armageddon it was heading towards.

Ashley may not be right for Newcastle (personally I think he could be given a chance) But if he is not who is ?

While everyone carps on about how bad Ashley is, no one comes up with any tangible, realistic or specific alternative, just the usual abstract slavver - "someone who'll spend big" - "someone who'll back the manager" - "someone who we'll all love" etc etc.

Who is this person ?

Do we want Freddy and Doug back ?  Can we name the Russian oligarch, Saudi prince or Texan oil man who we want to head up NUFC ?

Or do we just continue to harp on about what went before and pile abuse on the only person who right now can ACTUALLY do something about NUFC.

You're like a hysterical old wife, man.

Irony

How can anyone be labeled an enemy of the club because they support the present owner is strange to say the least. He may have upset Keegan he may have appointed Wise but he also probably saved the club from the financial Armageddon it was heading towards.

Ashley may not be right for Newcastle (personally I think he could be given a chance) But if he is not who is ?

While everyone carps on about how bad Ashley is, no one comes up with any tangible, realistic or specific alternative, just the usual abstract slavver - "someone who'll spend big" - "someone who'll back the manager" - "someone who we'll all love" etc etc.

Who is this person ?

Do we want Freddy and Doug back ?  Can we name the Russian oligarch, Saudi prince or Texan oil man who we want to head up NUFC ?

Or do we just continue to harp on about what went before and pile abuse on the only person who right now can ACTUALLY do something about NUFC.

I know its "romantic" but I don't see Ashley as the club just because he owns it - the club is more than that.

I don't know what the alternatives are - I'd like to see a combination of Shepherd, Ashley and Abramovitch but that's not going to happen. However I think expecting Ashley to do anything "good" from now on is naive and that's why I oppose his tenure.

How can anyone be labeled an enemy of the club because they support the present owner is strange to say the least. He may have upset Keegan he may have appointed Wise but he also probably saved the club from the financial Armageddon it was heading towards.

Who is this person ?

I know its "romantic" but I don't see Ashley as the club just because he owns it - the club is more than that.

I don't know what the alternatives are - I'd like to see a combination of Shepherd, Ashley and Abramovitch but that's not going to happen. However I think expecting Ashley to do anything "good" from now on is naive and that's why I oppose his tenure.

As do many others, but unfortunately the combo you describe does not exist and neither does it answer the question.

If not Ashley then who ?

How anyone can be labeled an enemy of the club because they support the present owner is strange to say the least. He may have upset Keegan he may have appointed Wise but he also probably saved the club from the financial Armageddon it was heading towards.

Who is this person ?

I'm actually fairly sceptical of Ashley, but I'm still in wait-and-see mode, and I definitely think the way everyone decided Ashley was the devil incarnate five minutes after Keegan walked (or in NE5's case, five minutes after he bought the club) is pretty... hysterical.