Cockney Mafia Out! Banner

Guest BooBoo

I'm not too bothered about the "Cockney" aspect of the banner I just think it was stupid unveiling it the day Ashley took the club off the market. The main reason the club was taken off the market, it would seem, was because there were no interested buyers. So what is the point in telling the Ashley and co to get out? They've tried! It just makes us look stupid.

I don't think it makes us look stupid, it makes those with the banner look stupid, nobody else.

I'm not too bothered about the "Cockney" aspect of the banner I just think it was stupid unveiling it the day Ashley took the club off the market. The main reason the club was taken off the market, it would seem, was because there were no interested buyers. So what is the point in telling the Ashley and co to get out? They've tried! It just makes us look stupid.

I don't think it makes us look stupid, it makes those with the banner look stupid, nobody else.

Aye, but we all get tared with the same brush by most people who are going to/seen it

Embarrasing and cringeworthy that it was allowed to be raised again within SJP. I've continued to support the club through the consequences that this banner enforced the first time, none which I thought was justified.

These people had their vioces heard several months ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one who knows several months have been wasted by grown up kids spitting their dummies out. I came to terms that the club was up for sale and reluctantly forgot about the future dream that we should have been entering. Ashley's news came as a great late christmas present and I couldn't be happier about his decision. It's now time for those who celebrated their 'ashley out victory' to accept the new regime and get on with it, just like the rest of us had to do several months ago.

Lessons will have been learnt and arising problems will be handled better, so its about time the fans came together to share the optimism we shared when ashley first announced he was buying the club. They were good times, please don't destroy it  . . . . again!

:nope:

an interesting comment..........do you always think such statements or actions only embarrass the person who makes them ?

Guest sittingontheball

I think there was nowt wrong with any of the protests but the wording on that banner was stupid, and also counterproductive if they want Ashley out simply because it suggests to potential buyers that Toon fans are insular and restive. It would have been wiser simply to support Keegan or name perceived villains like Wise.

Guest Howaythetoon

My soon to be brother in law is a Southerner, I say that because he is quick to point out he's not a cockney like Geordies are not Scottish, and he thought it was a harmless thing and in no way offended by it. You'd have to be pretty insecure to get offended by that and pretty fucking miserable to piss and moan about it. Its a banner FFS.

Guest Howaythetoon

...or pretty stupid not to realise how it makes Geordies look.

To who?

Rival fans? They take the piss anyway and think we're stupid.

The media? Likewise.

Me? I couldn't give a f***, its a banner, these things don't bother me. I'm secure in the knowledge that when it comes to the crux we turn up and support our team and that's all that matters, and not what some rival fan MAY think or the media.

Get over yourselves man, I doubt anyone gives a f*** outside a few on here pissing and moaning.

Again if it bothers people that much, design your own and take it to the match.

My own opinion of that banner is its pointless and stupid, but not in any damaging way, its just daft and as NE5 said, it only makes whoever brings it along look daft, no-one else, not that I think they give a damn either whether they look daft.

The fact it has become a big issue among so few people is more daft however.

Some believe it lost us the Hull match, that it forced Ashley to put the club up for sale man :lol:

To who?

The media? Likewise.

Me? I couldn't give a f***, its a banner, these things don't bother me. I'm secure in the knowledge that when it comes to the crux we turn up and support our team and that's all that matters, and not what some rival fan MAY think or the media.

Get over yourselves man, I doubt anyone gives a f*** outside a few on here pissing and moaning.

My own opinion of that banner is its pointless and stupid, but not in any damaging way, its just daft and as NE5 said, it only makes whoever brings it along look daft, no-one else, not that I think they give a damn either whether they look daft.

Some believe it lost us the Hull match, that it forced Ashley to put the club up for sale man :lol:

I think a fairer point might be that some believe it contributed to both of those things.

Guest Howaythetoon

To who?

The media? Likewise.

I think a fairer point might be that some believe it contributed to both of those things.

If it did it was right at the bottom of a big fucking list to make it insignificant really, certainly enough to not warrant making a big issue of it.

It would be like saying selling Faye to Stoke cost us the win over Stoke.

To who?

The media? Likewise.

If it did it was right at the bottom of a big fucking list to make it insignificant really, certainly enough to not warrant making a big issue of it.

Nothing like that really.  Whilst the impact on the result might have been minimal, I'd say it played a pretty big part in the decision to put the club on the market.

Guest Howaythetoon

To who?

The media? Likewise.

If it did it was right at the bottom of a big f***ing list to make it insignificant really, certainly enough to not warrant making a big issue of it.

Nothing like that really.  Whilst the impact on the result might have been minimal, I'd say it played a pretty big part in the decision to put the club on the market.

What the banner? Howay man....

an interesting comment..........do you always think such statements or actions only embarrass the person who makes them ?

That depends on the circumstances, it was embarrassing the first time around but this time it was an isolated incident so only reflects on those carrying it.

That depends on the circumstances, it was embarrassing the first time around but this time it was an isolated incident so only reflects on those carrying it.

Depends on the personalities ?

Thought so.

To who?

The media? Likewise.

"Spastic toon supporters oot!" perhaps?

Guest Howaythetoon

To who?

The media? Likewise.

"Spastic toon supporters oot!" perhaps?

Throw in a misspelling and you've got a hit in the banner world there.

Guest Howaythetoon

How about "retarded geordies out" as a banner?

The whole ground will empty though as you just know the banner will be misspelled to read "Rotund Geordies Out"

I      t   h   i   n   k      s   o   m   e   o   n   e      i   s       g   o   i   n   g      t   o      p   r   o   v   i    d   e      s   o   m   e      r   e   t   o    r   t   .

Thanks, that's much better with my eyes.