Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

It is not going to send out a good message to prospective signings.

Perhaps he knows there aren't going to be any.

Just think if players see Given leaving a club everyone knows he loves and after almost 12 years and with the comments that he has had enough, it sends out the message that the club is going downhill fast.

I think he took Keegan's leaving particularly badly.  I have never seen anyone so elated with a new manager as he was when KK arrived and so upset when he left.  Don't think the JFK appointment impressed him either.

It could be a bit of brinkmanship on his part as it is strange that it has come out in this way - maybe the club are refusing to have a discussion with him like they did with Milner before he put in his transfer request.

Aye, pretty sure Shay was one of the players who was very vocal when Keegan left, saying he'd welcome him back in a second etc. Seems like that mess has hit him hard and he's just had enough of everything. Fair enough if you ask me.

If signing for City means we get £20m then it's a sacrifice i'm willing to accept. I despise them but they were willing to pay £129m for Iker Casillas.

Yeah, as we've done excellent with the money we got from the sale of James Milner. Improved the squad a lot.

If signing for City means we get £20m then it's a sacrifice i'm willing to accept. I despise them but they were willing to pay £129m for Iker Casillas.

Yeah, as we've done excellent with the money we got from the sale of James Milner. Improved the squad a lot.

Is there anything in the rules stopping us building a wall made of coins to stop the ball going in? Maybe that's the plan.

Either way, he's going - and i'd rather get £20m off City than £10m off Arsenal, even if i can't stand Citeh.

Either way, he's going - and i'd rather get £20m off City than £10m off Arsenal, even if i can't stand Citeh.

I'd rather see him go to a class outfit and win something, myself. Money's fucking useless if we don't spend it.

If Ashley wants to be taken seriously then he'll put the money from outgoing transfers into purchasing new ones. It's as simple as that. He's not stupid, I'm sure he knows full well that he's got a lot of things to prove before people start forgiving him.

I'd rather see him go to a class outfit and win something, myself. Money's fucking useless if we don't spend it.

Aye, tbh - when you put it like that. I want to see the guy win something.

He's got no motives to go to Spurs at all tbh, if success is what he's after. So aye, i'd probably be pretty disappointed in him if he were to go there, even though i wouldn't resent him for leaving this club.

If he goes to spurs I won't forgive him.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but yeah, my opinion of him (which believe me is an extremely positive one) will be irreversibly tainted if that happens.

If he goes to spurs I won't forgive him.

If he goes to Spurs it's a huge, huge indictment on the state this club is in. It won't change my opinion on him one bit.

And I fucking hate Spurs.

fucking hell, this season couldn't get any worse :(

This is turning absolutely farcical. Things have been these past few years, but I never once thought it would get to the point where one of our loyalist players would hold his hands up and leave.

This is a bad sign, a sign that things are just going to get worse. We're on a downwards spiral.

Farewell Shay if you go. You've been a star player and deserve so much more than this shitty club. Good luck :thup:

Tbh if i could pick, i'd prefer to see him go to Celtic. Guaranteed success, Champions League football too, and it's the club he supports as far as i know. Means we don't have to play against him n'all, he wouldn't be improving a direct rival.

How depressing that he clearly feels 16th-placed Tottenham and 13th-placed Manchester City are better prospects than us.

What part of the statement does he clearly state that?

I think it is Arsenal that he sees as a better prospect

Tbh if i could pick, i'd prefer to see him go to Celtic. Guaranteed success, Champions League football too, and it's the club he supports as far as i know. Means we don't have to play against him n'all, he wouldn't be improving a direct rival.

Good call. I think he knows he can do better though, with all due respect to Celtic/Scottish football. He's still got a number of years left in the game.

How depressing that he clearly feels 16th-placed Tottenham and 13th-placed Manchester City are better prospects than us.

What part of the statement does he clearly state that?

I think it Arsenal that he sees as better prospects.

'Having served the club loyally for over 11 years, Shay feels compelled to consider his position in the light of the interest being expressed in him by Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham.'

Why on earth would they be mentioned if he didn't feel all three were interesting him? I'm pretty sure Blyth would have him but he doesn't go on mentioning them.

I reckon he really badly wants to win something before he retires and if we're honest that's more likely to happen at Spurs than here as they seem to have the knack of blagging a cup every so often, whereas we don't.

I hope he has much better offers than Spurs - if he leaves - but I could kinda understand it if he went there, as much as I'd hate it.