Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

The only gd  thing abt Shay leaving is we may get some players in exchange.Kolo Toure handed  in a transfer request but dont think hes the kinda centre back we need,hes not good and strong enough in the air.Who would ye guys be interested in getting from the teams interested?

We've got no chance of getting someone like Kolo Toure.

True  :-[

I don't like the idea of him leaving half way through the season, and coming out with this negative statement at a time when you want everyone to be pulling together.

If he wants to leave at the end of the season, fine, but the timing is bad at the moment.

I don't like the idea of him leaving half way through the season, and coming out with this negative statement at a time when you want everyone to be pulling together.

If he wants to leave at the end of the season, fine, but the timing is bad at the moment.

We're close to doing a football equivalent of Chernobyl.

My position is clear. If you want to take it to PM, I'll happily do so.

part of Givens quote

‘When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival."

Pm me about it if you like, but I can't see the point. This, in my opinion, is what this is all about, however you and one or two others might wish to deny it.

Well done. That quote beautifully summarises my main point: that this shambolic regime looks to be the final straw for Given, but that he's been consistently let down by Shepherd as well as Ashley & Co.

part of Givens quote

‘When he signed a new five-year contract in 2006 it was on the basis that the club would challenge for major honours, but on the present evidence all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival."

Pm me about it if you like, but I can't see the point. This, in my opinion, is what this is all about, however you and one or two others might wish to deny it.

we haven't challenged for major honours since robsons team finished 3rd, been downhill ever since.

3rd. Under the embarrassing old regime ? You don't say. How can that be possible.

Back on topic, interesting to see the expected people now glossing over this and building up Harper. Probably said the same thing about Ian Bogie replacing Gazza. How marvellous to see the club with the 3rd biggest support in the country resort to losing its best players again.

On the other hand, as mick predictably doesn't reply, I'm only 99.9% sure.

true. i wouldnt have picked him.

:boomboom: ?

:laugh:

I laughed.

part of Givens quote

Well done. That quote beautifully summarises my main point: that this shambolic regime looks to be the final straw for Given, but that he's been consistently let down by Shepherd as well as Ashley & Co.

"on the basis that the club would be challenging for honours" doesn't quite read like that to me.

part of Givens quote

we haven't challenged for major honours since robsons team finished 3rd, been downhill ever since.

3rd. Under the embarrassing old regime ? You don't say. How can that be possible.

Back on topic, interesting to see the expected people now glossing over this and building up Harper. Probably said the same thing about Ian Bogie replacing Gazza. How marvellous to see the club with the 3rd biggest support in the country resort to losing its best players again.

good to see you admitting we've been going downhill since that time.

part of Givens quote

Got free tickets for a game at Old Trafford off Bogie, iirc the game was Football League  Centenary Cup game.

I think your a tad harsh on Harper.

Also comparing the sale of Gazza or Waddle or Pedro would be wrong as that was the club cashing in record fee's to at the time bigger clubs, this is player wanting out because of "turmoil on and off the pitch " which is far more depressing for me.

part of Givens quote

because you know,like the vast majority of people on here who think the previous board done well,then lost it.

we've been over this a million times and it's pointless as you wont accept the way the club was going backwrads under the previous board.

you could say it was as bad as selling ferdinand ,against his will in the large part aswell.

see post 290.

part of Givens quote

because you know,like the vast majority of people on here who think the previous board done well,then lost it.

we've been over this a million times and it's pointless as you wont accept the way the club was going backwrads under the previous board.

you could say it was as bad as selling ferdinand ,against his will in the large part aswell.

see post 290.

i amended my previous post to a more simple "good to see you admitting we've been going backwards since that time"

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

Or any of the thirty-five million posts just like it.

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

yip the club took action...........they appointed souness and roeder.

part of Givens quote

Got free tickets for a game at Old Trafford off Bogie, iirc the game was Football League  Centenary Cup game.

I think your a tad harsh on Harper.

Also comparing the sale of Gazza or Waddle or Pedro would be wrong as that was the club cashing in record fee's to at the time bigger clubs, this is player wanting out because of "turmoil on and off the pitch " which is far more depressing for me.

I'm not demeaning Harper mate, he's a good keeper, but the whole picture of our best players, who are the backbone of the club, wanting to leave the club because they think its going nowhere. And they are sadly correct too.

Just because we've got a good number 2 doesn't mean we should sell the number 1 either, that sort of thinking is for 2nd rate clubs like Blackburn, Bristol City, Bolton etc....unless of course that is the way they are intending that we are run in future.

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

Shame we don't appoint the right man every time just like everybody else does.

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

Or any of the thirty-five million posts just like it.

aye, its about time someone encouraged some replies.

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

been here before and you never name a club who made such poor decisions as often and didn't take the blame for it.

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

been here before and you never name a club who made such poor decisions as often and didn't take the blame for it.

eerrr........but they have. They have gone, you have what you wanted. Automatic better replacements ?

part of Givens quote

see post 290.

eerrr........but they have. They have gone, you have what you wanted. Automatic better replacements ?

and they deserved the blame..yes ?

are you admitting their appointments took the club backwards ?

This shows the shambolic nature of NUFC

i agree and i apologise for slightly derailing the thread to a monotonous level.

ne5 if you want to carry it in this vein.....back to the other thread with ya and i'll repley after i've made pancakes for the girls.