Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

Like quite a few people on here who read what they wanted to read.

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

Weve been going backwards ever since we lost to Partizan Belgrade. We were on par with Liverpool back then, they sacked their manager at the right time and appointed a good manager. We should have moved Bobby upstairs after finishing 5th, we would have been able to get a world class replacement at the time and move forward again. However, the fat cunt in charge of the club at the time waited until a stupid time to sack him, appointed a shocking replacement which made us a laughing stock. Since that day we struggle to be taken seriously as a football club. Ashley has come in and things go from terrible, to utter fucking terrible.

6th biggest turnover, 50000 seat stadium, loyal fans, huge wage bill, however totally shocking management by Shepherd and now Ashley has destroyed any potential we ever had of making it back to challenging at the top like we were 6 or 7 years ago. Our reputation as a football club is a joke and we're a laughing stock. Even if we had money to spend, players and managers would think twice before ever coming here now.

so you still think Ashley has improved the club then  mackems.gif

Not yet, no.

so you are reading what you want into the events of the last 18 months. Do you also think we aren't worse off than 18 months ago ?

Are you saying you know better than Shay Given, and think he should give your man more time ?

he isnt 'his' man though is he? he's the person who happens to own the club, just because you've pledged allegiance to one man doesnt mean the rest of us have to do the same

I'm not in the wrong as the bite came as anticipated.

Given that I only get in personal arguments with you, it says more about you tbh.

And how many times do you get told you make yourself look like a fool?

Shay should be sold and Harper given a new contract, with a view to either Krul or Forster being the two in line to becoming the club no 1 keeper. I salute Given for his service. I also offer a two finger salute to send him on his way to whichever team he signs for.

We should also withdraw the contract offer made to Butt. With all the old guard jumping ship we don't need to be left with the worst one on our books.

Out with the old and in with the new. It's a new era of shiteness in all likelihood, but just possibly of hope.

I have seen a few of those era's

David Craig was on SSN saying they cant show all the press conference because Kinnear had another outburst

our demise of the last 18 months and current shambles isn't a figment of anyones imagination, other than those who refuse to admit it.

Weve been going backwards ever since we lost to Partizan Belgrade. We were on par with Liverpool back then, they sacked their manager at the right time and appointed a good manager. We should have moved Bobby upstairs after finishing 5th, we would have been able to get a world class replacement at the time and move forward again. However, the fat cunt in charge of the club at the time waited until a stupid time to sack him, appointed a shocking replacement which made us a laughing stock. Since that day we struggle to be taken seriously as a football club. Ashley has come in and things go from terrible, to utter fucking terrible.

6th biggest turnover, 50000 seat stadium, loyal fans, huge wage bill, however totally shocking management by Shepherd and now Ashley has destroyed any potential we ever had of making it back to challenging at the top like we were 6 or 7 years ago. Our reputation as a football club is a joke and we're a laughing stock . Even if we had money to spend, players and managers would think twice before ever coming here now.

this always makes me smile.

Only in people's heads. Nobody laughs at anybody but us ? Thats what I call a laugh.  bluelaugh.gif

We have only been going backwards since we stopped trying to show the ambition to be a top club.

By your criteria, Arsenal have also "gone backwards" since they were undefeated Champions ....... 

I don't know what gets into some people, who seem to think nobody else appoints a poor manager,and every season you should be moving up the league.

Incredible.

We are NOW going backwards, back to 3rd rate levels, and thats because we are behaving like a 2nd rate club, not a club trying to compete with the others of the biggest stature.

Given that I only get in personal arguments with you, it says more about you tbh.

Ah ha, no route to go in other than resorting to personal insults I see. Not going to bother rising to that, have much better things to do in my life.

Not yet, no.

so you are reading what you want into the events of the last 18 months. Do you also think we aren't worse off than 18 months ago ?

Are you saying you know better than Shay Given, and think he should give your man more time ?

he isnt 'his' man though is he? he's the person who happens to own the club, just because you've pledged allegiance to one man doesnt mean the rest of us have to do the same

Pledge Allegiance ?

I've just got an inclination to actually support people who do well for the club, and don't particularly feel the same about people who don't.

- Banners at our next home game - all across SJP - with STAY, SHAY! and Premiership's #1! or similar such slogans.

- Given face masks, anyone?

:cheesy:

"IRA OUT" tbh.

An Anti-Irish Moderator.....Nice :whatdidido:

Hes just jesting mate, its an English forum so our kind get it alot, but its all banter :thup: Sure they're a bunch of tea drinking arseholes who owe us 800 years rent :razz:

Ah ha, no route to go in other than resorting to personal insults I see. Not going to bother rising to that, have much better things to do in my life.

Press the report button if that's the way you feel or take it to pm.

Weve been going backwards ever since we lost to Partizan Belgrade. We were on par with Liverpool back then, they sacked their manager at the right time and appointed a good manager. We should have moved Bobby upstairs after finishing 5th, we would have been able to get a world class replacement at the time and move forward again. However, the fat c*** in charge of the club at the time waited until a stupid time to sack him, appointed a shocking replacement which made us a laughing stock. Since that day we struggle to be taken seriously as a football club. Ashley has come in and things go from terrible, to utter f***ing terrible.

6th biggest turnover, 50000 seat stadium, loyal fans, huge wage bill, however totally shocking management by Shepherd and now Ashley has destroyed any potential we ever had of making it back to challenging at the top like we were 6 or 7 years ago. Our reputation as a football club is a joke and we're a laughing stock . Even if we had money to spend, players and managers would think twice before ever coming here now.

Only in people's heads. Nobody laughs at anybody but us ? Thats what I call a laugh.  bluelaugh.gif

We have only been going backwards since we stopped trying to show the ambition to be a top club.

By your criteria, Arsenal have also "gone backwards" since they were undefeated Champions ....... 

I don't know what gets into some people, who seem to think nobody else appoints a poor manager,and every season you should be moving up the league.

Incredible.

We are NOW going backwards, back to 3rd rate levels, and thats because we are behaving like a 2nd rate club, not a club trying to compete with the others of the biggest stature.

TBF Arsenal fans think they have......

Press the report button if that's the way you feel or take it to pm.

He's done that to me a few times. :lol:

its the usual get out. Other than just not replying. FWIW, I think your post about the club engineering transfers out of good players isn't necessarily a pre-conceived idea but is certainly the result of their actions since they took over, with more to come.

The idea also that they can all be replaced on the cheap with similar quality would be amusing if it weren't so alarming and dumb.

Wasnt Shay one of the players who couldnt believe it when Kinnear got the job?

Apparently he was disgusted with the decision, cant rememeber the rumour exactly.

Maybe that has something to do with it.

Weve been going backwards ever since we lost to Partizan Belgrade. We were on par with Liverpool back then, they sacked their manager at the right time and appointed a good manager. We should have moved Bobby upstairs after finishing 5th, we would have been able to get a world class replacement at the time and move forward again. However, the fat c*** in charge of the club at the time waited until a stupid time to sack him, appointed a shocking replacement which made us a laughing stock. Since that day we struggle to be taken seriously as a football club. Ashley has come in and things go from terrible, to utter f***ing terrible.

Incredible.

Exactly. How can you say they haven't gone backwards when they completely dismantled that team and have won 1 trophy in 4 years or something since then?

Incredible.

they should think about the phrase "careful what you wish for", like certain people on here [who won't admit it]

Incredible.

I laugh at clubs who fuck up as well, however we're a massive fuck up compared to where we were. We ARE a laugh stock.

Other clubs do appoint poor managers yes, but to appoint someone for no other reason that he's a 'hard man', to sort out a dressing room who were taking the piss is a terrible move. Souness was a shocking appointment, not a bad appointment, a truely terrible appointment. So much so that we may never recover from his reign of torture.

Not yet, no.

Pledge Allegiance ?

I've just got an inclination to actually support people who do well for the club, and don't particularly feel the same about people who don't.

its a shame you haven't got an inclination to review your opinion of people once they start doing the opposite of 'well for the club', you're allowed to reconsider the evidence you know, it isnt a sign of weakness. quite the opposite infact. scientists do it quite a bit, seems to work for them........

Arsene Wenger has denied claims that Arsenal have made enquiries about Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given.

The Arsenal boss said he held the Irishman in ‘high regard’ but was not on  the lookout for another goalkeeper.

Wenger dismissed the statement made by Given’s lawyer, Michael Kennedy, who claimed Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham were interested in the 32-year-old goalkeeper, who has become disillusioned after 11 years at St  James' Park.

Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup third round meeting with Championship side  Plymouth on Saturday, Wenger said: ‘We have not made any enquiry about Shay  Given. I don’t know who he has spoken to at the club but it is not me.

‘It doesn’t annoy me and it is part of agent’s statements. I don't believe it  helps you, but I believe it is what we call in this job “normal business” and  we have to deal with that.

‘I believe that what is important is what happens inside the club. You want the inside of the club to deal well with what people say and what the comments are.

‘I have high regards for Shay Given as a player but we do not look for a goalkeeper.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1104254/Arsenal-boss-Wenger-insists-enquiries-unsettled-Newcastle-star-Given.html?ITO=1490

Incredible.

they should think about the phrase "careful what you wish for", like certain people on here [who won't admit it]

''The only thing certain about the future is its uncertainty''

Incredible.

I laugh at clubs who fuck up as well, however we're a massive fuck up compared to where we were. We ARE a laugh stock.

Other clubs do appoint poor managers yes, but to appoint someone for no other reason that he's a 'hard man', to sort out a dressing room who were taking the piss is a terrible move. Souness was a shocking appointment, not a bad appointment, a truely terrible appointment. So much so that we may never recover from his reign of torture.

everybody laughs at other clubs, on phone ins and message boards. Its part of being a football supporter. They will always find something. Louise Taylor is a prime example. How can a mackem take the piss out of Newcastle ?

People laugh at Man U, including Newcastle supporters ? What irony that is, don't you think ? What position are us, and most clubs in, that they feel they can laugh at Man U ?

Just learn to ignore it, if you can't take such things, give up being a football fan.

FWIW, nobody has took the piss out of me about Newcastle, and I live out of the area. Nobody has been the slightest bit bothered about anything Shepherd said, Hall said, even if they noticed. If anything they were envious as hell when we played in europe and most wished us all the best. Even lately, the people who give a toss, if anything have sympathised with the mess that Ashley has caused and said the sooner we are rid of him the better.

Not yet, no.

Pledge Allegiance ?

its a shame you haven't got an inclination to review your opinion of people once they start doing the opposite of 'well for the club', you're allowed to reconsider the evidence you know, it isnt a sign of weakness. quite the opposite infact. scientists do it quite a bit, seems to work for them........

Choosing to back your manager and show ambition, rather than the opposite, is probably the most important thing you need from a board of directors. If you and others have learned nothing from the last 18 months, surely this will be first ?

Supporting a change from a board that shows ambition to one that won't, is only going to go one way.