Looks like Shay is on his way

Dave

Guest shearer_united

I don't think the lawyer would have made such a move unless Given wanted him to. The lawyer is there to speak on behalf of Given and not as Given.

It wasnt Given who came out and made the statements tbf. Its more like his lawyer whoring him to other clubs.

I would think more of Given if he had come out and said it, he's got two choices.  He either asks for a transfer or he publicly comes out and says he's staying.  If he says nothing then he's gone down in my estimation of him.

It wasnt Given who came out and made the statements tbf. Its more like his lawyer whoring him to other clubs.

Shay doesn't particularly like the agents, so he's good in that respect. He's always had his own lawyer who acts on Shay's orders, and he uses a PFA agent when absolutely necessary.

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

he's completely wrong. Shepherd never had full control, for starters. And when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, they had one foot in the 3rd division and you couldn't sell the club for the price Spurs paid us for Gazza 4 years earlier.

Take your own blinkers off, and see that this is the truth.

Not the point! NUFC has been dicked around with a fair bit in the last 5 years. Ashley has been here 1 and a half of them. You do the maths.

Perhaps it's just denial kicking in, but it seems odd that this "statement" is being made by his lawyer and not his agent.

Why have your lawyer make a statement about anything football-related unless you're going to sue the club?

Perhaps it's just denial kicking in, but it seems odd that this "statement" is being made by his lawyer and not his agent.

Why have your lawyer make a statement about anything football-related unless you're going to sue the club?

Shay doesn't particularly like agents. He's always had his own lawyer who acts on (his) orders.

Post courtesy of James.

R.S.I. claim from having to bend over to pick the ball out the net 5 times?

Deary me. What a sorry state of affairs. I said months ago that Ashley would turn into a slum landlord, a footballing equivalent of Rachman. This farce really is depressing, but before anyone kicks off with inane s*** about how Shepherd's tenure here was any better, can I just say a quick "Get to f***!"? They're both fat, incompetent, greedy, selfish, useless bastards: Ashley and Shepherd. We've been on a downward spiral for the best part of five years now, and Given's remained a stalwart servant to the club throughout. I think there was a certain inevitability about this, and assuming he will go, Ashley, Wise & Kinnear are just the final straws. A sorry tale. :(

what a load of bollocks.

Mike Ashley is taking the club right back to where we were before the Halls and shepherd found it, and it has been as obvious as the nose on your face for at least the last 12 months.

GM is absolutely spot on. The truth hurts you doesn't it?

You're not even man enough to take your blinkers off when it comes to Shepherd.

he's completely wrong. Shepherd never had full control, for starters. And when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, they had one foot in the 3rd division and you couldn't sell the club for the price Spurs paid us for Gazza 4 years earlier.

Take your own blinkers off, and see that this is the truth.

Not the point! NUFC has been dicked around with a fair bit in the last 5 years. Ashley has been here 1 and a half of them. You do the maths.

sorry to disappoint you, but only 3 years ago we finished 7th. Only twice between the 1950's and 1992 did we finish seventh or higher.

Thats also true.

It's also true that we kept all our best players happy and still attracted Englands nr 1 goalscorer to the club during that time.

Now. Why don't you be big enough to admit that Ashley is totally screwing the club up, and - never mind this talk of Leeds all the time - taking the club back to where the Halls and Shepherd found it [which is almost as low as Leeds]. One or two people have done this and all credit to them, but one or two notable ones have not and I'm pretty sure won't either.

He probably did his back in but it will have been because he carried 10 people against Liverpool.

Guest icemanblue

He doesn't have an agent.

are you saying Given has been s*** or people realised that he wouldn't have wanted to leave Newcastle.

Look up the word "blinkered"

I've never said he's been shite so take your own advice and look up "blinkered."  People realised Shearer didn't want to leave Newcastle but that didn't stop teams from trying.

So. Given is wanting to leave Newcastle because he feels the club is in freefall and he doesn't see any serious desire to get back to what it was ?

Correct or not ?

He probably did his back in but it will have been because he carried 10 people against Liverpool.

;D true enough

So. Given is wanting to leave Newcastle because he feels the club is in freefall and he doesn't see any serious desire to get back to what it was ?

Correct or not ?

He didn't feel that way before the Liverpool game.

Guest afternoonfix

- Banners at our next home game - all across SJP - with STAY, SHAY! and Premiership's #1! or similar such slogans.

- Given face masks, anyone?

:cheesy:

"IRA OUT" tbh.

whats that about?

Correct or not ?

Maybe he did but getting bummed by Liverpool was the last straw

Correct or not ?

Maybe, but they also coincide with 'Arsenal' rumours.

Correct or not ?

so its on the basis of one game  :idiot2:

Be big enough to admit what you know is true instead of this blabbing on that you are doing.

Maybe it was, you would think he'd got used to it by now, he let 11 goals in last season in two games against Man U.  The thing is, we don't know how he feels or what has made his lawyer come out with the statement, we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe it was, you would think he'd got used to it by now, he let 11 goals in last season in two games against Man U.  The thing is, we don't know how he feels or what has made his lawyer come out with the statement, we'll have to wait and see.

The thing that bugs me about the Liverpool result is fair enough we had injuries, however the better managers make use of what they've got and are able to adapt to this. Kinnear isn't a good manager, so when we're stretched for resources he can't.

so its on the basis of one game  :idiot2:

Be big enough to admit what you know is true instead of this blabbing on that you are doing.

That's basically what you're saying, he was banging on about the clean sheets before playing (edit) Wigan.

so you're still happy that the good old days have returned and you're not being embarrassed anymore ?

The thing that bugs me about the Liverpool result is fair enough we had injuries, however the better managers make use of what they've got and are able to adapt to this. Kinnear isn't a good manager, so when we're stretched for resources he can't.

It could be Kinnear, we don't know.