Newcastle confirm interest in Ferguson

Thespence

Again, not surprised - the signs for the transfer window look distinctly underwhelming...

Probably the most accurate statement made by Kinnear in that article is that 'other clubs may be bidding more than us', which is probably Clubspeak for ' the players prefer to go to other clubs'.....

Looks like we have finally found our level. The people who forced Keegan out accused him of being a "dreamer" because he wanted big names to galvanise the club like he did when he arrived as a player.

I still can't believe some people are prepared to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt to the end of the transfer window.  :no:

The people who put up with this from Ashley, then Ridicule Keegan for taking a stand, should be Taken outside and Shot in the head.Thier brains are beyond saving.

he didn't take a stand man, he f***ed off and is now suing the club he pertains to love, what do you think he'll do with the millions he didn't earn if he wins?  donate it for new players

a stand have been to stay and vocally, as manager, tear to shreds the system, wise & ashley forcing them to actually sack him or back him, no?

hang on ill fetch, the gun.

righto

EDIT: f*** it, why can't you actually debate a point?  you spout stuff out then when someone calls you on it your lip goes out...f***ing back yourself up man, what stand did KK take exactly?

you just like arguing for the sake of it. Even though Favouring Ashley is a hopeless position.

KK took a stand on his principles, he couldnt work under Denis wise, so he left, i call that standing by your priciples,.. you wont understand tho, if you havent got any yourself.

this will just run round in circles,.. I believe in What Keegan did here last time, and i believe , backed up he could have repeated it.

you show me a manager that did better than KK here , in my lifetime,..........................................

mental. how can anyone think that? will we be 12 points clear in this league at any point in the next 20 years?

Things can change relatively quickly. Did people think we could be 12 point clear in the PL when we were nearly relegated to the third tier in 1992? The "big four" are not set in stone there has been various big fives, top three, big six over the years and it will change again in the future.

you just like arguing for the sake of it. Even though Favouring Ashley is a hopeless position.

KK took a stand on his principles, he couldnt work under Denis wise, so he left, i call that standing by your priciples,.. you wont understand tho, if you havent got any yourself.

this will just run round in circles,.. I believe in What Keegan did here last time, and i believe , backed up he could have repeated it.

you show me a manager that did better than KK here , in my lifetime,..........................................

i'll call someone out when i think they're talking bollox, yeah;

in this instance i don't consider what he did taking a stand, yeah he stuck with his principles sure, but manifested those principles were to walk away and not "take a stand"...his principles are now to seek millions of pounds from the club, i.e. people like yourself who worship him

we have different definitions of principles it seems but don't try to tell me i haven't got any

you patently can't read well enough to see a distinction in what i and others write about KK...you're quite correct to say what you say about his achievements and he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime too no arguments there

i don't see that conceding that means i should accept what he did in the summer, for some reason you appear to think he can do no wrong - again consider what i said earlier about the effect he could have had if he'd stayed and put public pressure on ashley as manager...wouldn't we likely be much better off now?

I have a simple question for all those who ridicule Kevin keegan.

Just answer this question, if you can, without qualifying your answer or debating when, or where.

Just yes or no.

Do you prefer what we have with Ashley, to what we had in the 5 years we had Keegan as manager?

in this instance i don't consider what he did taking a stand, yeah he stuck with his principles sure, but manifested those principles were to walk away and not "take a stand"...his principles are now to seek millions of pounds from the club, i.e. people like yourself who worship him

we have different definitions of principles it seems but don't try to tell me i haven't got any

you patently can't read well enough to see a distinction in what i and others write about KK...you're quite correct to say what you say about his achievements and he is the best manager we've had in my lifetime too no arguments there

i don't see that conceding that means i should accept what he did in the summer, for some reason you appear to think he can do no wrong - again consider what i said earlier about the effect he could have had if he'd stayed and put public pressure on ashley as manager...wouldn't we likely be much better off now?

Just answer this question, if you can, without qualifying your answer or debating when, or where.

Just yes or no.

Do you prefer what we have with Ashley, to what we had in the 5 years we had Keegan as manager?

i'll do you the service you appear utterly incapable of doing yourself and answer a pointless question like that (which is essentially the same as asking do you prefer drinking stella or piss);

Do you prefer what we have with Ashley, to what we had in the 5 years we had Keegan as manager? Answer: no i don't.

if you feel like it answer some of the questions i've asked you, but as i know you won't why not try going to an online dictionary and look up "ridicule" 'cause you patently don't know what the fuck it means, while you're there try "sycophantic"

Just yes or no.

Its ace this

Just yes or no.

Its ace this

ain't it just

Guest jonlane86

Again, not surprised - the signs for the transfer window look distinctly underwhelming...

Probably the most accurate statement made by Kinnear in that article is that 'other clubs may be bidding more than us', which is probably Clubspeak for ' the players prefer to go to other clubs'.....

Looks like we have finally found our level. The people who forced Keegan out accused him of being a "dreamer" because he wanted big names to galvanise the club like he did when he arrived as a player.

I still can't believe some people are prepared to give Ashley the benefit of the doubt to the end of the transfer window.  :no:

At least with Ashley here the Club is in a stable financial position, and we are finally trying to run it as a business.  If we stay in the league this year I will be happy regardless of where the Mackems/Smogs finish, personally I'd sell Given and use the money to buy a striker.  Harper a more than able replacement and Forster and Krul are two very good prospects.  RE: Barry Ferguson I think it would be an excellent signing and would give more talent and passion to the side.

piss take, surely?

obviously you would rather we ended up where leeds were instead of trying to build over a period of 5/10 years.  If we actually can bring in good young talent (i.e. Guttierez, Guthrie, Bassong) and do that on a continual basis rather than wasting money on players like Luque, Bramble, Viana, then we will succeed in time.  At least for the first time in years the club is safe Financially with assets such as Shay Given who we CAN afford to sell.

yes, yes that's exactly what i want

not much i can really say to that then, other than if we want to succeed we can either get a Trillionaire new owner like Man City and spend and it might not work out but at least we are being 'ambitious', or we can try the "Arsenal Way" and possibly do something, its a big task but I'd rather try the latter because if we did succeed i would be tremendously proud of the club rather than thinking we had just bought the success.

Guest The Libertine

this is such a stupid question on so many levels. if i didnt know better, i'd assume you were 12.

At least with Ashley here the Club is in a stable financial position, and we are finally trying to run it as a business.  If we stay in the league this year I will be happy regardless of where the Mackems/Smogs finish, personally I'd sell Given and use the money to buy a striker.  Harper a more than able replacement and Forster and Krul are two very good prospects.  RE: Barry Ferguson I think it would be an excellent signing and would give more talent and passion to the side.

piss take, surely?

obviously you would rather we ended up where leeds were instead of trying to build over a period of 5/10 years.  If we actually can bring in good young talent (i.e. Guttierez, Guthrie, Bassong) and do that on a continual basis rather than wasting money on players like Luque, Bramble, Viana, then we will succeed in time.  At least for the first time in years the club is safe Financially with assets such as Shay Given who we CAN afford to sell.

yes, yes that's exactly what i want

not much i can really say to that then, other than if we want to succeed we can either get a Trillionaire new owner like Man City and spend and it might not work out but at least we are being 'ambitious', or we can try the "Arsenal Way" and possibly do something, its a big task but I'd rather try the latter because if we did succeed i would be tremendously proud of the club rather than thinking we had just bought the success.

of course i don't want to end up like leeds, fucking hell man

this is such a stupid question on so many levels. if i didnt know better, i'd assume you were 12.

exactly, like spurs fan asking if they prefer this season to when bill nicholson was in charge or something, fucking nonsense

exactly, like spurs fan asking if they prefer this season to when bill nicholson was in charge or something, fucking nonsense

as ever, on here, ArsHley mugs lose an argument,... it becomes nonsense,

1303: "Novo must stay! Ferguson can go to Newcastle, I'll even get the ferry over and drive him down myself if he wants! Kevin Thomson is the midfielder we miss the most at the moment." Text from Ian Hoy, Belfast. Get teen texting on 80295

Guest The Libertine

"lose an argument"  :jesuswept:

the new NE5.

topped yourself there mind, good stuff  :clap2: O0 :doh:

I wish the NO  football match had been,.

Keegans Principled Warriors Vs Ashley gullible bummers.

Without passing comment on the issue at hand, that response is fucking pathetic.

ooh!  and again, don't stop man you're on a roll

Without passing comment on the issue at hand, that response is fucking pathetic.

read his next one!!  :lol:

exactly, like spurs fan asking if they prefer this season to when bill nicholson was in charge or something, f***ing nonsense

Keegans pining over him like an ex-girlfriend who left them for a mate Vs Ashley Newcastle supporters

FYP ;)

"lose an argument"  :jesuswept:

the new NE5.

haha i was about to post the same thing except relating to 'arshley', an alter ego perhaps?

could go on all day, posting this shit, but im off to play footy,.

could go on all day, posting this shit, but im off to play footy,.

best of luck, soccer circus?

WALTER Smith believes Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear may be guilty of trying to appease his own supporters by publicly declaring an interest in signing Rangers captain Barry Ferguson.

Kinnear claimed at the weekend he had made an initial enquiry for Ferguson, identifying the Scotland midfielder as the kind of January recruit Newcastle require in their fight against relegation from the Premier League.

Smith, however, has insisted Rangers have received no contact from Newcastle for the player and expressed his bewilderment at Kinnear's comments.

"It is strange, I must say, especially when he (Kinnear] has been quoted as saying he has been in contact with Rangers," said Smith after his team's 3-0 win at Inverness Caledonian Thistle yesterday.

"As far as my chairman (David Murray], chief executive (Martin Bain] and myself are concerned, there has been no contact from Newcastle or any other club. I can appreciate a manager being interested in the player, but whether this has been done to pacify his own support, I don't know. If his comments are accurate, I just don't know how he can say he has contacted Rangers when that is not the case."

Ferguson, 30, had a previous spell in the English Premier League when he joined Blackburn Rovers for £7.5 million in August 2003. He returned to Rangers in January 2005, however, and has consistently said he regretted leaving the club he supported as a boy in the first place. It is understood Ferguson, under contract until 2010, has no interest in leaving Rangers for a second time, even if the Ibrox club are in a financial situation where they are obliged to consider any serious bids for their players.

"The players we are looking to move on are the ones who are currently outside the first team group," added Smith. "Jean-Claude Darcheville was the first of those when he moved to Valenciennes and there are a number of others. But at the moment the only offer we have had for any player is from Wolves for Alan Gow. Yet all the speculation I keep reading is about players who are actually in the first team at the moment.

"I can have no influence on who wants to bid for any of our players. What football manager can say that if someone comes in with a bid for one of their players they won't consider it? You have to. We had that situation with Alan Hutton last season. If someone comes in, then we will give them an answer."

Appease?  :lol: