Hull City 0 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 03/01/09 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Guest BooBoo

I bet JFK is thinking: Xisco cant speak english, so he cant play in the english premiership.

I don't know what he's thinking. I honestly didn't see the early games when Xisco was playing, so I can't comment on how he looked, but it's absolute madness to not put him on today, considering that he has scored goals for us. He can't be that bad in training can he?

I never saw him play in Spain but he was shocking in his few appearances for us in September.

I bet JFK is thinking: Xisco cant speak english, so he cant play in the english premiership.

I don't know what he's thinking. I honestly didn't see the early games when Xisco was playing, so I can't comment on how he looked, but it's absolute madness to not put him on today, considering that he has scored goals for us. He can't be that bad in training can he?

Xisco situation is pretty similar to Luque's, he came under one manager and then another manager came and decided "nah he dosn't cut it for me" i thought  he should've got 20+ min's today to prove himself but i never really expected him to be given a chance, shame really considring he's only 22 and we spent around 6.5m on him.

Its crazy how the likes of Ashley even allowed Xisco to rot like this, seeing as he spent millions on him.

I suppose he could always demand that Kinnear plays him.

It wouldn't go down too well on here though.

I never saw him play in Spain but he was shocking in his few appearances for us in September.

It's been said before but so was every fucker. Every player was utterly lost under Hughton.

Not to mention all the teething problems that young foreigners have coming into the Premiership. To say he was throw in at the deep end would be something of an understatement.

He did score, like...

I haven't seen much of him in all honesty but surely after spending close to £6 mill on a player you'd try and get your money's worth.

Carroll will never make it at this level

You want to tell a  19 year old teengager that he will never be a good footballer just because he played one match bad. Jesus Christ  :idiot2:

Sure it's quite a step from youth to senior level and actually Carroll did good for the 1st 30mins IMO. Better than Owen anyway...when it comes to Butt I'm totally speechless! His work rate is so low at the moment and Guthrie looks at least 3 times better player. If Xisco shags Kinnear's wife and (dog) just makes me wonder what Butt then does?

Its crazy how the likes of Ashley even allowed Xisco to rot like this, seeing as he spent millions on him.

Doesnt have to play him all the time, but say if we are winning comfortably, like we were at Pompey, stick him out there for a bit.

Even Roeder played Luque sometimes.

5 mins every 10 games :lol:

I remember i saw the whole reserves team (including Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Paul Huntington, David Edgar, Andy Carroll..) get to start and he was STILL on the bench! even Ameobi played as our left winger for 5 or so games!

Agreed

Agreed

His performances were nowhere near as poor as Shola and Vidukas recent performances.

Aye, from what I've seen he at least looked interested and put himself about.

Agreed

His performances were nowhere near as poor as Shola and Vidukas recent performances.

He played badly, but who didn't in them games?

Was never a penalty in my book, btw - even though a free-kick would probably have been awarded if it were the other way round, such is the protection keepers get nowadays. Owen went down like a sack of soft shite though, barely any contact.

Would it go down well with you Baggio?

Guest Heneage

I think most of those who claim Xisco to be shocking are talking out of their rectum. When a player leaves a club, the fans of the club leaving are often a great judge of how the player will do. Deportivo fans were genuinely gutted to lose Xisco, to give the guy 4 games not even full game may I add, and cal him shocking shows how kneejerk this board and on the wrong day our fans can be.

Would it go down well with you Baggio?

Not really, a word in Kinnear's ear that if he wants to sell him then put him in the shop window might be a good idea.