Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

It's also a f***ing tragedy that we're losing Given yet we're stuck with that poisonous French c***.

We need midfielders more than we need goalkeepers...

We need good players more than we need big-headed underachievers who think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

It's also a f***ing tragedy that we're losing Given yet we're stuck with that poisonous French c***.

We need good players more than we need big-headed underachievers who think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Would be begging for trouble if we got rid of N'Zogbia without a replacement, even if he's pretty naff most of the time.

Would be begging for trouble if we got rid of N'Zogbia without a replacement, even if he's pretty naff most of the time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39345000/jpg/_39345886_lovenkrands300gt.jpg

O0

Guest samtoonarmy

Tbh if we get £8million for him plus that Johnson fella then I think it would be a good deal for us. We've got Steve Harper whos just as good as Shay and then weve got a good centre midfielder to play alongside either Butt or Guthrie. Sorted 

Guest toonbaz

f***ing hell you'd think he'd died or something. :lol:

Players move clubs all the time. He's a talented footballer who doesn't want to play for us anymore and he's engineered himself a move away on the sly. He's not a f***ing god. 

It's more of a reflection on the position that the club is in for me.

Exactly. It's a sad sad day for this football club when a player that has taken so much shit over the years from the powers above and still stayed loyal to the club, finally holds up his hands and says he's had enough.

i agree, whilst i think we can cope with the loss of given i think it shows how far back the club has went when a player who has been so loyal and always looked like he'd be happy to see out his career here has now decided he cant take any more. in the past i've always felt dissappointed when players have wanted away (jenas/milner etc) now i cant blame any of them for wanting away

Guest Howaythetoon

I love Shay and he is a Newcastle United legend who I am absolutely devastated is leaving but right now, right this minute, fuck him and fuck all those that fuck with our club, fuck them all. Lets twat Man City and then kick the mackems back to their hovel and stay the fuck up.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39345000/jpg/_39345886_lovenkrands300gt.jpg

O0

twat. :'(

SSN saying Onuoha is supposed to be replacing the suspended Dunne, so if he is in involved in the deal then he wont be playing.

For me, any combination (or just one) of Johnson, Onuoha, Gelson, or Caicedo could be used as a makeweight.

SSN saying Onuoha is supposed to be replacing the suspended Dunne, so if he is in involved in the deal then he wont be playing.

For me, any combination (or just one) of Johnson, Onuoha, Gelson, or Caicedo could be used as a makeweight.

It's a shame then that none will be used.

It's a shame then that none will be used.

I know nothing, that's why I said could. I basically listed their fringe players who they might look to offload.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd swap Shay for Gelson and Sturridge plus £5m, as we need a CM and a CF (who can also play wide apparently), we don't exactly need another CB although Onuoha can play RB.

Shay Given is one of the Newcastle greats but frankly, he can sod off. He can't really give a rats arse about us staying up if he wants out half way through a season that could easily end in disaster. Why does he want to go to Man City NOW? Its not as if City are going to be challeging for the title or are going great in the Champions League. He could have easily stayed put and gone in the summer with fond farewells from all concerned.

"New challenge" my arse, he's just not up for the fight.

Shay Given is one of the Newcastle greats but frankly, he can sod off. He can't really give a rats arse about us staying up if he wants out half way through a season that could easily end in disaster. Why does he want to go to Man City NOW? Its not as if City are going to be challeging for the title or are going great in the Champions League. He could have easily stayed put and gone in the summer with fond farewells from all concerned.

Maybe the club were keen to push him out the door to get the cash.

By telling his agent to release a statement saying he wants to leave?

By telling his agent to release a statement saying he wants to leave?

That's the first we heard about it. God knows what's happened behind the scenes.

Anyway, I hope all his flaws are exposed in the spotlight. No more making a meal out of simple saves and blaming a shit defence for your lack of communication skills and distribution.

I'd be mortified if we didn't get over £10m. The strange thing about this move is why Given wants to go to City, i mean they aren't a CL club and i can't see them qualifying for it next season. They probably won't compete for trophies until Shay is atleast 35. It's a shame, City are certainly a "new challenge" but i don't think Shay will get anything but more disappointment there.

I love Shay and he is a Newcastle United legend who I am absolutely devastated is leaving but right now, right this minute, f*** him and f*** all those that f*** with our club, f*** them all. Lets t*** Man City and then kick the mackems back to their hovel and stay the f*** up.

Best post you've had in a long time mate, you got me all riled up and ready for the match.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I love Shay and he is a Newcastle United legend who I am absolutely devastated is leaving but right now, right this minute, fuck him and fuck all those that fuck with our club, fuck them all. Lets twat Man City and then kick the mackems back to their hovel and stay the fuck up.

yeah! fuck sharks