Surviving Gazza, TV documentary tonight at 10pm on Four

nobby_solano

His youngest son has a real detest for the bloke.

the kid was not old enough to remember when gazza was at his height of celebrity so probs see's him in a different light- i might be totally wrong but but the older two IMO want to hang onto him for who he is/was

yeah its probably nothing to do with the fact that he's their dad like

the kid was not old enough to remember when gazza was at his height of celebrity so probs see's him in a different light- i might be totally wrong but but the older two IMO want to hang onto him for who he is/was

They were not made with his spunk iirc.

hes not there dad though..

like i said its just my opinion, i just didnt see it in the same way as others maybe

ok he's not the biological father, but if they call him dad, he's their dad. would you tell everyone who's adopted or who lives with a step parent who they can call what and who they can have personal relationships with?

He is divorced from there mother, he doesn't live with them & has not for years & he slapped there mother they only call him dad because there biological dad does not make the famous.

i lived with a step dad from a young age and id never call him dad, i get on with the bloke and hes done alot for me but he still aint my dad, if he had beat my mam and disowned me for years id be quite happy for him to fuck off to croatia or wherever...if they really do care about him then thats great, but id like to have seen how things would have panned out if you had took away his football career

That cheryl's a cunt like, she's so worried about him that she let him back in to her life.... But only when a tv company chuck's some money at her to make him look like a total tool, If he watched that I bet that helped him no end.. eh cheryl you slaaaaag.

Gazza is fine I know that for a fact, I played pool with him & George clooney last tuesday!

hes not there dad though..

like i said its just my opinion, i just didnt see it in the same way as others maybe

It sounded like the older two knew him before the problems got out of hand, and had some experience of a different side of his character. The younger one didn't.

It was a gruesomely fascinating programme, but I can't see that it was in any of their interests to have their private lives paraded like that.

i lived with a step dad from a young age and id never call him dad, i get on with the bloke and hes done alot for me but he still aint my dad, if he had beat my mam and disowned me for years id be quite happy for him to fuck off to croatia or wherever...if they really do care about him then thats great, but id like to have seen how things would have panned out if you had took away his football career

with respect, you're the one who's making his career an issue, not them, as far as i can tell from that programme. they hardly mentioned it apart from when they were trying to explain how he defines himself, all i heard from them was how they cared about their dad and didnt want him to be unhappy. i dont know the motivation behind the programme, and neither do you, but on that evidence i think its unfair to label them as only caring about him and calling him dad because he's famous.

thespence - i'm not even gonna start with that pile of arse you've just written

Guest firetotheworks

Its far too easy to say that they did it for the money and all that, but his I do feel sorry for his kids, especially Mason. Its quite obvious that he just wants his dad back.

not sure how i felt about it, i have to say i do feel sorry for th eolder two, as mentioned they had seen the other side of him and knew him before his major issues that he is currently going through. i think it is quite clear that they (mason especially) were cleasrly cut up by his state and did care about him an awful lot.

his younger son probably only remembers the shite so has never had him as any sort of authority figure.

again, i dont see why they had to do it on tv, but gazza was initially up for it according to the show last night.

where does he get his money from to be staying in all these 5star hotels around the world for months on end, id have thought hes blown most of what he made in football.

Most of the programme seemed to consist of Sheryl reading out snippets from the gutter press about Gazza.

Then pretending he was on the phone to her (never heard his voice like).

I hope the inevitable follow up to this can convince me she is not a money grabbing bitch, because this documentary failed to.

Some fucking cynics about this place like.

Gazza, while obviously one of the finest footballers of his generation, is also obviously more than one sandwich short of a picnic.

He's a victim of circumstance as much as anything and unfortunately seems to have gone down a similar path to the likes of Wacko Jacko in where his life has taken him (not messing about with kids - allegedly - but you know what I mean). It's a crying shame really but he hasn't had the brains to look after himself and he hasn't had the people around him to take proper care of him either.

He's surely beyond "saving" now, too. :undecided:

Guest johnson293

Of the three kids, it was only Bianca who appeared to care.

On the contrary, it seemed to me that Mason was the one who cared the most about Gazza, and his current state - and it could be argued that as he is/was working at an estate agents (at the end of the programme), he isn't using his (step)dads name to get famous quick, unlike Bianca, who has already done the various lads mags, and similar rubbish TV shows on the back of being 'Gazza's Daughter'.

Quite sad how bitter Regan seemed to be towards Paul Gascoigne, considering he is his own son - but as mentioned, he has probably only grown up knowing Gazza as the (sometimes violent) drunk, and not the footballer.

Strange that when he (Gazza) went missing, he ended touring europe with Iron Maiden??!!!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Summary

- Gazza is in a state

- His 2 step kids really cared about him and will hang on to hope as long as he's living

- His son has only seen Gazza the drunk, paranoid druggy. I can imagine Sheryl to a point has brainwashed him with comments she has made.

- Sheryl wanted the world to see what it was like so she could justify making the clean break.

- Sad, sad programme, some could say its trajik!  :razz:

I had a conversation with a colleague today at work about whether he would have ended up like this had Fergie got hold of him?

Of the three kids, it was only Bianca who appeared to care.

'I bet she gives a tremendous titty wank' was my thoughts on the matter.

Does anyone know for certain if the 'family' took any kind of payment for doing the show? If they did then its deplorable.