Surviving Gazza, TV documentary tonight at 10pm on Four

nobby_solano

Of the three kids, it was only Bianca who appeared to care.

'I bet she gives a tremendous titty wank' was my thoughts on the matter.

Does anyone know for certain if the 'family' took any kind of payment for doing the show? If they did then its deplorable.

I thought the same about her mother...

I just wonder whether the film is something that the three kids will one day look back on with some dismay. Not only was their father / step-father publicly portrayed in a humiliating light, but their negative comments about him are recorded for posterity.

I realise that the picture of Gazza is probably accurate, and that they're entitled to their feelings about him. But turning it all into a public entertainment is a misjudgement for which their mum must bear a lot of responsibility.

The programme was only ever going to show Gazza as a bit of a twat. The man is seriously ill and I feel for him and his family. Sheryl has had to put up with a load of crap and has her (his) family to consider. If she's made some money then good luck to her.

The best hope for Gazza is that this is somehow a turning point and he can save his live. Brilliant footballer, tragic person. Fuck knows how he can turn himself around - he simply doesn't seem to have an inner strength or will to take control. A real real shame.

Guest Howaythetoon

They are all as bad as each other is the best thing I can say about "the Gascoignes" and I include his proper family in that.

Summary

- Gazza is in a state

- His 2 step kids really cared about him and will hang on to hope as long as he's living

- His son has only seen Gazza the drunk, paranoid druggy. I can imagine Sheryl to a point has brainwashed him with comments she has made.

- Sheryl wanted the world to see what it was like so she could justify making the clean break.

- Sad, sad programme, some could say its trajik!  :razz:

I had a conversation with a colleague today at work about whether he would have ended up like this had Fergie got hold of him?

Did anyone point out that placing him in a team with players like Bryan Robson & Gary Pallister might not have been a great move to combat his drinking?

Those two would have been bad enough, but put him with Paul McGrath too & Gazza wouldn't have made it to 30.

That.

http://blogs.mediotiempo.com/wp-content/uploads/Bianca%20Gascoigne3.jpg

That.

http://blogs.mediotiempo.com/wp-content/uploads/Bianca%20Gascoigne3.jpg

fuckin ell, easy on the photoshop lads, ahh i forgot she's actually rough as a badgers

I read his updated autobiography a while back and thought what a dick head and at the same time you could tell he had so many problems from an early age ,Sheryl victim of beatings through there relationship and living with that tit must have been a living hell (money doesnt bring happiness)and the kids seeing a father figure turn into that must be heartbreaking from how they remember him as kids.Regan came across as not caring as he has only seen the shell of a man called father and no wonder he doesnt give a damn.

sad to say but on a slab before the years out or in a mental hospital.

Guest Mantis

Gazza is a joke of a human now and he cant blame anyone but himself.  Those kids had several years growing up with respect for him as the father of the family but he has let them down on all fronts, not to mention the abuse he dished out to the kids when they confront him about his behaviour.

It will only end one way and it will be him on his own in a hotel room when it happens.  So much for his circle of friends, when the sh!t came down, he's on his own.

Some overly harsh comments about the family here like.

To suggest that kids would be vindictive enough to be able to pretend to care about their dad whilst really in it for the money is shameful.

What's shameful is making a documentary about a bloke who clearly has mental problems, had to be rescued from an asylum to take part, and was in no fit state to make rational decisions.

Then when he inevitably pulled out to blacken his character even more than it already was. A total set up.

If he wasn't considering topping himself before this he sure as hell will be now.

Some overly harsh comments about the family here like.

To suggest that kids would be vindictive enough to be able to pretend to care about their dad whilst really in it for the money is shameful.

What's shameful is making a documentary about a bloke who clearly has mental problems, had to be rescued from an asylum to take part, and was in no fit state to make rational decisions.

Then when he inevitably pulled out to blacken his character even more than it already was. A total set up.

If he wasn't considering topping himself before this he sure as hell will be now.

I wouldn't argue against that necessarily :) Still doesn't contradict my point though ;)

By necessarily I mean; if he watches it and wants to top himself even more...then let him. It should open his eyes seeing his kids stressed over him...not make him even more self-centered.

you don't really understand the "mental problems" bit do you ?

Course I fucking do! But he's a self-centered alcoholic that's had more chances than anyone else. Ok, let's all give him the get out clause of 'mental health problems' when in fact you're supporting him because he was a toon player  :clap:

My argument was for the family who have had some harsh and unfair comments about them here. Maybe you don't understand children? FFS. Let's stick up for the guilty and fuck the innocent  :no:

Ridiculous shallow people.

I wish him well but not at the expense of others.

Aye you're about as deep as a puddle.

Anybody on here that can see the bigger picture rather than some crappy tabloid 'documentary' is only doing it because he's an ex Toon player.

Simplistic isn't the word.

Course I f***ing do! But he's a self-centered alcoholic that's had more chances than anyone else. Ok, let's all give him the get out clause of 'mental health problems' when in fact you're supporting him because he was a toon player  :clap:

My argument was for the family who have had some harsh and unfair comments about them here. Maybe you don't understand children? FFS. Let's stick up for the guilty and f*** the innocent  :no:

Ridiculous shallow people.

I wish him well but not at the expense of others.

have a look in the general chat thread about this and what i said then in which i say much the same about people being more sympathetic due tio his nufc connections.

but if mental issues are involved your  Let's stick up for the guilty and f*** the innocent  :no:

attitude is naive and my argument is that if his family were that concerned they shoyuldn't really be making a documentary about it unless they are getting properly aided from the mental health authorities.

ps. If he is so mentally ill how come he's roaming Europe with a rock band?

Do you really think if he was sectioned, under fear he may harm himself, that they would let him out to do a documentary (as stated above) and roam the continent? Remember it's super Gazza so he's high profile.

Maybe you don't understand mental illness.

I knew someone well (definately not a friend) who was a schizophrenic. He was fine on medication but evil without it. He murdered a mother of 3! He was mentally ill also, but still a cowardly murderer though.

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/TV/Sesame-Street/Evil-Bert.jpg

Anybody on here that can see the bigger picture rather than some crappy tabloid 'documentary' is only doing it because he's an ex Toon player.

Ah ok :) You must know him personally then. Because all I've got to go off is what I read and see. I can't argue with a picture or video of him. Or a police report for that matter. Of course a tabloid's sensational story is to be taken with a pinch of salt though.

But if there's a bigger picture than a man tearing the hearts of his children apart then I'm all ears.

Aye I feel sorry for them too but he's ill man probably at deaths door to take advantage of that (the program makers) was totally wrong in my opinion.

my argument is that if his family were that concerned they shoyuldn't really be making a documentary about it unless they are getting properly aided from the mental health authorities.

I don't disagree with that one bit.

I simply voiced my concerns at the harsh comments on his kids being in it for the money and I'm now in a mental health argument! :D

But OCD and Paranoia aren't an excuse to do what he's doing. I've got serious OCD and for about 10 years I had very bad paranoia.  But not once did I hurt anyone as a result of it. But I've been sympathetic with Gazza for a while as I know how paranoia can affect you but I am not anymore seeing how it effects his kids.

I'm not sticking up for the woman though as we have no way of knowing if her accusations are true or not.

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/TV/Sesame-Street/Evil-Bert.jpg

mackems.gif

then you should know that your OCD and those of others are different as is with all mental illness. also i'd say there is more than OCD and paranoia (very often alcoholics are paranoid) that  he is dealing with (or not dealing with as the case may be)

Guest thefishman

The family are a pack of SHITBAGS, how come in the doc they say they havnt had contact for a number of years? And the fukas still have his surname ohh and the 1.6 mill mansion he paid for,,, the cunts have hung him out to dry and should be shot for that crap they FAKED on tv wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont agree please FUCK OFF. thanks.

The family are a pack of SHITBAGS, how come in the doc they say they havnt had contact for a number of years? And the fukas still have his surname ohh and the 1.6 mill mansion he paid for,,, the c***s have hung him out to dry and should be shot for that crap they FAKED on tv wankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you dont agree please f*** OFF. thanks.

And you dear boy should not be up this late as you have school in the morning and your mam will never get you out of bed.

P.S are you Gazza ?

• 1 month later...
Guest johnson293

Gazza has spoken out about Sheryl and that documentary...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2270160.ece

ANGRY Paul Gascoigne branded his former wife Sheryl a “wicked vulture” last night.

The former soccer ace accused her of bleeding him dry and questioned whether she ever loved him.

Gazza, 41, claims he was tormented relentlessly by the beautiful ex-model.

And he finally vowed never again to fall for her charms.

The England legend told how Sheryl, 43, contacted him for the first time in 5½ years after he spent seven successful weeks in rehab in 2008.

She invited him to stay with her and he became convinced there was a chance to make a fresh start together.

But within days, Sheryl and her children left him an emotional wreck.

He said he hit the bottle in despair after she invited a TV crew to film him — then pocketed the entire £50,000 programme fee.

Gazza said he fled to Portugal to escape from Sheryl but she tracked him down and turned up with another camera crew. He told The Sun:

She’s like a vulture who swoops down to pick me clean. I don’t hate her, I pity her.

I know now that I have to stay sober and strong now to stop her.

She is like a rash that I can’t get rid of — a boomerang that keeps coming back to smack me in the face.

When I met her I was just a naive Geordie lad but I’m strong now and I won’t let that woman destroy me.

Gazza fought back tears as he told of the painful reunion with his 12-year-old son Regan and Sheryl’s children from her first marriage — Mason, 19, and Bianca, 21.

Bitter Gazza said: “Sheryl latches on to me whenever I’m at my lowest ebb.

“I’ve had thousands of messages of support from people all over the world when I’m down — but not from her. It’s taken me a lot of time and pain to realise that Sheryl does not love me.

“She probably doesn’t even know what love is.”

Gazza said rows with Sheryl drove him back to drink last summer, when he was still sectioned under the Mental Health Act. He told The Sun:

I was doing well after seven weeks in The Priory when Sheryl suddenly decided to visit me out of the blue.

It was a shock because I’d heard nothing from her for 5½ years.

I hadn’t been in the public eye for weeks but the moment Sheryl arrived, wham, I’m all over the papers again. I was in good form and glad to see Sheryl and the kids at first.

Then I was photographed leaving The Priory with her, walking the dog with her and on visits to Kew Gardens.

Everywhere I went, photographers were waiting.

But I didn’t listen because that daft old thought started coming back — with me thinking there might be a chance of me and her getting back together and making it work.

I left The Priory and went to stay with her but, within a week, I could tell things weren’t right.

I went back to see the psychiatrist with Bianca and Mason and they admitted there had been problems.

Cried

Eventually, he told them to leave the room and I just sat there and cried my eyes out.

He said, ‘What’s wrong with you Paul? Seven weeks here and you were doing great and then a few days back with Sheryl and you’re a wreck.

You’ve got to get out of there. You’ve got to get away from her’.

Gazza said Sheryl talked him into signing a form allowing fly-on-the-wall filming for Channel 4’s Surviving Gazza documentary, shown last month.

But he insisted he was never paid a penny for his appearance — and that Sheryl took the £50,000 fee.

He was pushed closer to the edge when the programme went out, with Regan saying he wanted his dad out of his life.

Gazza said: “I feel Sheryl’s done everything in her power to stop me having effective contact with Regan over the years.

“When I sent him mobile phones with pre-paid top-ups so he could call me, they always seemed to get lost.

“And when I called the home number, asking to speak to him, Sheryl called the police because she thought the answer machine message I left was harassing her.”

Gazza revealed that in the 20 years he has known Sheryl, they only lived together for three months.

He said: “Three months in 20 years and she’s made all this money off my back.

“She never came with me to Italy when I played for Lazio — unless she fancied a couple of weeks in the summer sun.

“And she only moved to Scotland with me when I played for Rangers for a very short time. Basically, she’s built a career out of being with me for three months.

“If I’ve been such a burden to her, why is she still called Gascoigne?

“Why can’t she leave me alone and get on with her life? All she ever does is cause mayhem for me.”

He said he did not speak to Sheryl and the children for years after receiving shocking texts as he lay ill in hospital.

He collapsed with pneumonia at Christmas 2004 after a string of binges and was left fighting for life with a suspected collapsed lung.

Gazza said: “I haven’t spoken to Sheryl and her kids for all this time because of the way they treated me then. I knew I had to break free.”

The ex-Newcastle and Spurs idol told for the first time how he caught Sheryl making notes for a tell-all book — only a week after their relationship began.

Her account of their lives together — Loving Gazza — is due to be published in September.

Gazza said: “The title’s a joke. I feel she’s never loved me and has been working on this book since the day we met.

Suntanned

“After just one week together I remember finding nine pages of notes all about me in one of her drawers.

“When I asked what she was doing she admitted, ‘It’s about us in case we ever split up. It’s so I can write about it’.”

Gazza — now fighting fit, suntanned and eyeing a string of work offers — added: “It’s only now I’ve started my recovery that I can see the mistakes I’ve made.

“I’ve allowed Sheryl to squeeze the life out of me for years but she gets nothing from me from now on.

“I got my self respect back and I won’t let her hurt me again.”

The lad was a brilliant player, miles better than the likes of Beckham as a footballer.

Never forget his debut at 17 against Spurs at SJP - looked cock of the walk as soon as JC put him on as a sub and forced Clemence into a great save from a free-kick.

Would have been an all-time great had he been managed by the likes of Clough or Fergie, and probably still playing for England in the 1998 World Cup....

He needed a firm hand but neither McFaul or Venables had that - SBR managed him to a point, but Hoddle lost it...

Always lacked self-discipline and very sad at what has happened to him, but that's life - had George Best still been around,he would have had some idea about the demons afflicting Gazza.