Roy Hodgson

Colos Short and Curlies

Warmed towards Roy Hodgson. His managerial ability is clear for all to see, keeping Fulham up last year, and guiding them to safety and even European contention this.

Likeable guy, down-to-earth who just gets along doing his job. And doing that job very well by the looks of it. I'd have him at my club.

fantastic, we'll have moyes then, seeing as he'll be out of a job. cheer lien for sorting this all out!

Never leaving Fulham, forget it

Because they are in a better league position?  Money speaks volumes in football world and in terms of wages i am willing to bet that Newcastle can offer him a far more lucrative contract than the one he is on now.

Because they are in a better league position? Money speaks volumes in football world and in terms of wages i am willing to bet that Newcastle can offer him a far more lucrative contract than the one he is on now.

:mackems:

Haven't you been paying attention?

Because they are in a better league position?  Money speaks volumes in football world and in terms of wages i am willing to bet that Newcastle can offer him a far more lucrative contract than the one he is on now.

:mackems:

It's true buddy, i think our current wage budget completely dwarfs theirs and there is no loyalty in football (..except Kaka).

I don't see us offering anyone a 'lucrative' contract; have you seen who our current manager is? :lol:

Not to mention the fact we'd have to buy him out of his Fulham contract.

lol i know, i know.

The original post was 'never leaving Fulham' which is frankly ridiculous, is whole carear he has been walking from one club to the next up the ladder.  Despite the league positions im still sure Newcastle seat is more desirable especially when we can (but your right we wont) in theory offer a better contract than what he is on.

Guest Mucky01

after overhauling the mess that Sanchez made at Fulham (on a tight budget as well) and what they’re doing this season, in my eyes he’s manger of the season.

And we’ve got Kinnear  :doh: :angry: :frantic: :yikes:

after overhauling the mess that Sanchez made at Fulham (on a tight budget as well) and what theyre doing this season, in my eyes hes manger of the season.

And weve got Kinnear  :doh: :angry: :frantic: :yikes:

Aye he's definitely up there, him or Bruce i would have thought. Benitez will probably get it if they remain in touching distance of Man Utd, but Hodgson's done a fantastic job at Fulham.

Dunno if i'd have him though tbh. :undecided:  Obviously i'd have him over Kinnear but i hate how that has to be the criteria for the next manager.

Guest Mucky01

those idiots running our club have made it that any manager with credibility would give us a wide berth now.

those idiots running our club have made it that any manager with credibility would give us a wide berth now.

Saying they've made a bad situation worse would be more accurate. The top managers were hardly beating a path to our door under the previous regime either...

• 9 months later...

What a thoroughly top bloke. Proof if ever it were needed that if you invest in a good manager, then everything else kind of takes care of itself.

I enjoy seeing him doing well.  :thup:

It's not like Fulham went of their way to get him in either, I think most premiership clubs could have got him in quite easily the last few years.

I bet Souness, Allardyce even Roeder and Kinnear cost us more.

What a thoroughly top bloke. Proof if ever it were needed that if you invest in a good manager, then everything else kind of takes care of itself.

I enjoy seeing him doing well.  :thup:

:thup: I like Hodgson, got a lot of time for him.