Roy Hodgson

Colos Short and Curlies

:smug:

Good manager. Possesses vast knowledge as a true student of the game.

Yes from me

He has also been mentored by the Dalai Lama, is fluent in 24 languages including Swahili and Esperanto and is a registered Jedi Knight.

Yes from me

He has also been mentored by the Dalai Lama, is fluent in 24 languages including Swahili and Esperanto and is a registered Jedi Knight.

He's Nile Ranger? ???

Yes from me

He's Nile Ranger? ???

He's Nicky Butt according to JFK

Has he won four titles with two different clubs and three manager of the year awards?

Somebody please explain this joke. I keep seeing it and it's annoying not knowing the story behind it. :lol:

Anyway I'd be delighted with Roy Hodgson, very impressed with what he's done with Fulham and would love to see us playing that sort of football.

Has he won four titles with two different clubs and three manager of the year awards?

Somebody please explain this joke. I keep seeing it and it's annoying not knowing the story behind it. :lol:

Anyway I'd be delighted with Roy Hodgson, very impressed with what he's done with Fulham and would love to see us playing that sort of football.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,57178.0.html

The first 5 pages or so should be sufficient.

Yes from me

He's Nile Ranger? ???

Banned for blasphemy.

See ya  :pow:

Guest Stephen927

Underrated manager, knows his stuff and has got Fulham playing some respectable football. I'd take him, just depends how willing he would be to leave Fulham.

I think it's a pointless hope, personally, and my earlier comments were nowt more than an appreciation of what he's done for Fulham after a fairly poor initial start. He still hasn't got them winning away, mind!

After considering him something of a joke upon his arrival there, he's made me eat my words so far this season.

He's hardly got world-beaters at Craven Cottage but they're incredibly solid at the back and, like you say, play some nice football too.

Highly impressive first half of the season for them.

Bang on.  I thought he would be taking them down last year and I was surprised they stayed up.  Again, felt this year Hodgson would be found out but again he surprised me by actually getting them defending very well and making the likes of Konchesky, Hughes, Bullard, Murphy and Hangeland etc playing quite well.  Think they are punching above their weight still, but its down to Hodgson that they are doing so well.

Playing decent stuff?

When they came to our place, Fulham - sorry, horrible football cliche coming here - "parked the bus" from the first minute, played for a draw and engaged the most horendous timewasting straight from the kick off.

I like Hodgson (if only for his funny face and On The Buses style accent) and I really like Fulham as a club, but whilst they're doing ok, they're gash to watch.

Playing decent stuff?

When they came to our place, Fulham - sorry, horrible football cliche coming here - "parked the bus" from the first minute, played for a draw and engaged the most horendous timewasting straight from the kick off.

I like Hodgson (if only for his funny face and On The Buses style accent) and I really like Fulham as a club, but whilst they're doing ok, they're gash to watch.

not gash to watch at craven cottage though. playing good football i thought despite not banging them in. i honestly cant understand how their home form is surely best bar man united in the league, but they fail to win away from home! might be something to do with the fact that the pitch at CC is practically a 5 a side pitch

• 2 months later...

Roy of the magpies surely!??

The man has worked everywhere, and has one of the most impressive CV's in the league. Worked for Inter, so must be familiar with the whole DOF system. His knowledge of football and tactics is absolutely immense, and he has Fulham playing with spirit, pride and most importantly his players play for him and each other. He's made some inspired signings in AJ and Etuhu, and he's even got Bobby Zamora playing well!!

Obviously the result against Man Utd. has been a sweet cherry on top, but looking at their stats.....well, they've done pretty damn well this season, and can build on this.

What I'd give to have in charge an intelligent and experienced manager with guts!

Never seen the fucker smile. I like managers who never smile, and on that basis alone I'd give him the job.

Forget Bruce, Hodgson's our man

Warmed towards Roy Hodgson. His managerial ability is clear for all to see, keeping Fulham up last year, and guiding them to safety and even European contention this.

Likeable guy, down-to-earth who just gets along doing his job. And doing that job very well by the looks of it. I'd have him at my club.