NUFC's medical problems...

nobby_solano

When Souness was here he wasn't a fan of Winsper's work on the strength and conditioning side of training. He basically thought it was a shit exercise and waste of time and tried to discourage players from taking part with 100% and reserve it for his training time. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that we suffered heavily from injuries under Souness' when he is basically saying strength and conditioning training is shit.

There's no excuse in this day and age with the research at hand and the facilities/money we have for training to have a negative effect on the players at all.

IF there is something wrong at the level we're at, then it is seriously, seriously worrying.

I've always wondered if there's something wrong with the training ground, like the actual pitches that are used. Far too many muscle injuries picked up and far too many of these picked up in training too.

Derek is a nice bloke, I met him a couple of time.............. but a bit he is a bit round..

I am sure he thinks players (Pie Man for example) should take a leaf [EDIT: Burger] out of his book.

On a serious note, our record on the injury front has been nothing short of absolutely catastrophic for years....

something has got to be wrong, we are on top every year without exception.

no point in spending millions on players if the training pitch is the reason they get those injurys all the time.

Derek Wright isn't s***. He's contracted to the England squad aswell I think.

He's been the physio for a team that has spent the past decade at the top of the injury league table.  He is s***.  I mean just look at the fat b******.

What has his weight got to do with the fact that he's a physio?

Injuries come from improper training 9 times out of 10. The problem will stem from either the training ground or the coaching before it comes from the physios, all they do is rehabilitate the players from injuries picked up. Hardly their fault if managers choose to rush players back instead of easing them in.

Under Allardyce we didn't have too many injuries if I remeber correct but I guess you've all seen that one video clip of his training routines so it's understandable why players managed to stay out of the physioroom but I guess they weren't that fit either

Blamed the pitch at the training ground seems it was not that, mind I think some of it like in Viduka's case is put on, he is a fat lazy cnt thats happy to do fk all and get his wage, things were being said about him being outed, he came out saying he wanted to stay blah blah blah, got fit for a little bit and now pow injured again. I mean come on set a president and out the fat cunt now, let them see we need dediated players.

Under Allardyce we didn't have too many injuries if I remeber correct but I guess you've all seen that one video clip of his training routines so it's understandable why players managed to stay out of the physioroom but I guess they weren't that fit either

Pretty sure we had just as many under Sam as anyone else.

Pretty sure we had just as many under Sam as anyone else.

Yeah we did. It started off promising but then the 'injury crisis' hit.

Another major issue is our complete lack of depth in our squad. If we had more players of a decent quality we wouldn't feel it as much when it inevitably comes around. I'm with Skirge and I reckon that there are certain individuals who just put it on.