NUFC's medical problems...

nobby_solano

Guest Stephen927

Could be some of the players' lifestyles, i.e getting pissed on a weekend.

Is that a normal side effect of alcohol then? Tendonitis and pulled hamstrings?

Depends what they're doing when they're drunk.

ok well it not the weather because Sunderland and Boro combined is just over half out our injures. It has to be the medical staff, or the trainers aren't supervising the players properly in terms of stretching and such. If you remember it seemed like the injures dissipated under Allardyce with his "hi tech" back room medical staff.

Did they?

Nope, we still had more injuries than most other teams for the whole time Sam was here.

The team in general seemed very leggy and unfit as well. Probably as they weren't actually conditioned to play a full game of football over 90 minutes. ;)

Every season I just wait for the injury crisis. I think a lot of it is just plain bad luck tbh. This season Lee Catermole has single handedly done for two of our most important players and no medical staff in the world could do anything about that.

Was in not Bobby Robson who said if you have a winning team you find you have alot less injuries. He seemed to suggest people were then dying to be in the team and desperate not to lose there place in the team. When your losing you want out straight away so with any strain which you could play through you just don't bother. Bottle goes basically.

Guest toonlass

10 Injurys now on PR, Viduka is a crime on its own, he needs to step down and never touch a football for this club again.

What a waste of space really, too bad that.

Tottenham has ONE fucking injury, its crazy, we had 12 last night and were still infront of them, crazy stuff.

Imagine us having an fresh squad for a whole season, would be magic.

I heard yesterday (and I can't remember where) that Viduka might not play at all past the end of the season for anyone because of his injuries. Crazy shit that is considering how good he can be.

I agree with what ToonTastic said, and definitely wonder how many niggly injuries that we see would be eradicated if we were fighting for a top 4 place. Obviously you cannot take an injury like Beye's or Barton's into consideration in this as they were serious, but maybe its a case of little muscle aches would be ignored more if they team were doing fantastic.

Obviously this has to do with psychology, but I still don't believe that people feel like actually "dying" on the pitch just because the team is doing poorly in the league. I'm pretty sure that there's other teams in the league having less injured players than ourselves, and that the statistics will prove that it has been a big problem for us for years. A suggestion might be to try to work out to improve the physical and fitness. But again, we should look into getting a new Medic team, atleast someone that will tell the manager to NOT play X if he's actually on the verge to be injured LONG-TERM!

Could be some of the players' lifestyles, i.e getting pissed on a weekend.

I've said that for a while and it isnt just weekends.  Some put more effort into scoring off the pitch than on it.  It cant help and add in the fact something in our training is clearly wrong.  I just dont accept the bad luck/gypsys curse crap.  How long did it take them to diagnose Oba's injury after Portsmouth?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObaStar

SHOLA Ameobi grabbed his 50th goal for Newcastle United with a crucial penalty equaliser against Sunderland despite not being fully fit, Joe Kinnear has revealed.

The United manager admits he had to send the Nigerian-born-Geordie-raised striker out for derby battle despite Ameobi still feeling the effects of the ankle injury which had sidelined him in recent weeks.

"I gave him a fitness test this morning and he said he was feeling it," said Kinnear. "But I said: 'you'll still have to play!'"

This is why we have so many fucking injuries. The manager plays players who aren't recovered so they are never properly fit and get straight back into the trainers. Look at Barton last week. Same thing, out for over a month, comes back plays first full game when he is not ready and gets injured again. And if Shola is still injured why the hell did he take Carroll off for lovekrands and make an unfit player play and entire game

Guest toonlass

She's having a laugh.

Aye I'm having a laugh. Saying that Shay is still on as our player so we are only 11 players down and not 12!

• 1 month later...

Still leading the league table for injuries. Viduka out for christ knows how long now.

I'm not bothered about 'Duke' to be honest. I'm more excited about having some CMs back.

If you look at the physioroom prem injury table archive, it shows that we've been gradually getting more and more injurys every single season. Every season we get more than the last & we've been leading premiership injurys for the last 4-5 years or so.

In every one of those years we get a massive amount of muscle injurys, hamstring especially. This is where the majority come from, we get more than double any other side near every season.

So something is clearly completely fcked & no one is doing anything about it.

When you consider that we've also had more pens against us this season than any other side.....prob more than double the next one down...

We're also joint top on players getting sent off with Stoke both of us on 5. Which couldve been 6 yesterday with Taylor.

Not a suprise we've having a hard time is it, all the sh.t is against us this season.

It simply cannot be a coincidence. Something is wrong somewhere and by God it should have been sorted out by now.

It's no wonder we're shite when we've got a shite manager (a shite chairman before that, some would argue) and half a squad every week.

Even those that do play don't look the fittest bar a couple of exceptions. Someone wants a slap somewhere along the line.

Guest Heneage

If you look at the physioroom prem injury table archive, it shows that we've been gradually getting more and more injurys every single season. Every season we get more than the last & we've been leading premiership injurys for the last 4-5 years or so.

In every one of those years we get a massive amount of muscle injurys, hamstring especially. This is where the majority come from, we get more than double any other side near every season.

So something is clearly completely fcked & no one is doing anything about it.

When you consider that we've also had more pens against us this season than any other side.....prob more than double the next one down...

We're also joint top on players getting sent off with Stoke both of us on 5. Which couldve been 6 yesterday with Taylor.

Not a suprise we've having a hard time is it, all the sh.t is against us this season.

But what about in game Injuries like Beye and Barton.