Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

Those who were saying Scott Parker was utter shite when he was here need to have a word tbh

He was class today. Looking back now, it's almost comical the amount of grief he used to get on here.

Hindsight-tastic. He's the kind of player who will look good on a one off for another team. Always has, probably why we signed him too. But week in week out what he brings is soon clear: not much.

Guest sicko2ndbest

My impressions after the match were, next game start with Zog and Guthrie in midfield.  Obviously if Zog is still here.

Dont let Geremi or Butt near the pitch, if it can be helped. 

Zog and Guthrie are far too lightweight as a pairing!

Those who were saying Scott Parker was utter s**** when he was here need to have a word tbh

He was class today. Looking back now, it's almost comical the amount of grief he used to get on here.

Hindsight-tastic. He's the kind of player who will look good on a one off for another team. Always has, probably why we signed him too. But week in week out what he brings is soon clear: not much.

Parkers pass wiped Colo for Bellamys goal

My impressions after the match were, next game start with Zog and Guthrie in midfield.  Obviously if Zog is still here.

Dont let Geremi or Butt near the pitch, if it can be helped. 

Zog and Guthrie are far too lightweight as a pairing!

.......and Butt & Geremi cant run.  Plus they are shit. 

I'd have more faith in Guthrie and Zog then them two cripples.

neither midfield done anything defensivly which made for an open game. they probably had the better of it but we had the more and better chances.

andy carroll (whom i didn't want on the pitch at the start) man of the match ahead of bassong.

Those who were saying Scott Parker was utter s**** when he was here need to have a word tbh

He was awesome in his first season with us when he was used in a holding role. He tackled everything that got near him, can anyone remember some of the shifts he put in that season?

It went wrong when Roeder took full control, brought Butt back from his loan to Brum and tried Parker as a playmaker. He never made anything much happen really - the word pirhouette comes to mind. It may have been something to do with what was around him tbh. He's a good player.

Just watching the game despairing at the fact a goal can be disallowed because of a "touch"

f***ing pathetic man. Didn't football used to be a physical sport?

Used to be..............

Guest sicko2ndbest

Coloccini has the quality to play as a defensive midfielder.

Fantastic on the ball

Thats another option but who do you play at RB if Taylor moves to CB.

Beye :)

Just watching the game despairing at the fact a goal can be disallowed because of a "touch"

it basically means you can;t score from any corner or free kick anymore as there is always that sort of contact

Coloccini has the quality to play as a defensive midfielder.

Fantastic on the ball

Thought Bassong looked even better on the ball that colo today, skinned a couple of hammers players. Would certainly like to see Colo moved to DM though.

Problem is that means Edgar coming into the team with him or Taylor moving to CB. Rather not see that happen.

Now if we can bring a decent CB in to play with Bassong...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Taylor is embarassing. Thing is he thinks it makes him look like he is fighting for the cause when it just makes him look a twat

I didn't want to come across a "fanboy" but what Taylor did was fuck all.

Re: Parker - I can smuggly say that I never got on his back like a number of people on here  :smug:

I thought he was absolute class in his first season for us. The Arsenal performance epitomised his first year for us.

Roeder just didnt know how to deploy him, or wanted to change something that wasn't broken.