Newcastle United 2 - 2 West Ham United - 10/01/09 - Post match reaction from P16

PM

Re: Parker - I can smuggly say that I never got on his back like a number of people on here  :smug:

I thought he was absolute class in his first season for us. The Arsenal performance epitomised his first year for us.

Roeder just didnt know how to deploy him, or wanted to change something that wasn't broken.

Was the pick of the midfielders, although Guthrie had another good game, some fantastic spreading passes. Needs a proper partner though.

Christ, Enriques passing stats are insane.

If you want to see insane passing stats check out Arse V Bolton looks like it was a long day for the Bolton players.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2008-2009/arsenal-bolton-236821.html

If Jonas had squared it to Owen at the end it was 3 points in the bag!

i'm sure jonas checks his stride aswell before trying to get the shot in........and not forgetting the ball falling to n'zog 18yds out and he mis controls it when lashing the bastard towards the goal was the sensible option.

Two thoughts after the game -

Long term, I don't think Coloccini is the answer to our problems at centre back. He's not quick or strong enough for the top level of the Premiership, and once he's beaten, he stays beaten. We don't have a better option at the moment, but I'd like to see us find another Bassong and shift Colo into the DM position.

For once, Zoggy showed the sort of attitude that you want from a top professional. He really imposed himself - not just on the opposition but on his team-mates - and looked eager to take responsibility. I hope he wasn't just trying to catch the eye of other clubs, but if he keeps showing that kind of initiative, he'd get more games.

Just seen our disallowed goal on MotD. f*** off, Taylor did nothing. The defender dived for the ball and missed it.

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

All the bastards on Sky saying it was a blatant push by Taylor,even Jeff said it,wankers

Guest palnese

Just seen our disallowed goal on MotD. f*** off, Taylor did nothing. The defender dived for the ball and missed it.

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

you didnt see the incident where bassong threw bellamy to the ground in the box early in the second half i reckon?

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

you didnt see the incident where bassong threw bellamy to the ground in the box early in the second half i reckon?

From my position in the Leazes, Bellamy was pushing and pulling Bassong all over before that happened, which the referee obviously noticed.

Guest LucaAltieri

Just seen our disallowed goal on MotD. Fuck off, Taylor did nothing. The defender dived for the ball and missed it.

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

totally agree, no push that

Just thinking the same. Bizarre decision.

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

We should have had a stick on penalty in the first half for a shove on Carroll tbh.

Guest palnese

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

From my position in the Leazes, Bellamy was pushing and pulling Bassong all over before that happened, which the referee obviously noticed.

naa mate.. clearly a penalty. end of really.

Guest LucaAltieri

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

Bellamy had already lost the ball by that point. Bassong was defending the ball. It was a bit aggressive but hardly a foul.

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

We should have had a stick on penalty in the first half for a shove on Carroll tbh.

Funny... MOTD didnt show that

Guest palnese

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

i think a penalty given in that situation would have been harsh on west ham imo, but the one with bellamy was an easy call in my eyes, and seb was lucky to get away with it..

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

i think a penalty given in that situation would have been harsh on west ham imo, but the one with bellamy was an easy call in my eyes, and seb was lucky to get away with it..

What, Carroll has risen to head it in and he just gets shoved over? How would that have been harsh?

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

All the bastards on Sky saying it was a blatant push by Taylor,even Jeff said it,wankers

How can you push with a straight arm?

And the dude already jumped so how can he not fall down, he divejumped after the ball, but why on earth do Taylor put out his arm? just stupid by Taylor really

Do you not know Taylor loves to use his arms alot,normally just to give away pens though.Sky are wanks anyways,just before we equailsed Le Tissier was saying we wouldnt equalise and 2 mins later,get in you wanker!

Guest palnese

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

What, Carroll has risen to head it in and he just gets shoved over? How would that have been harsh?

he maybe would have gotten a free kick outside the box, but you know theres "different" rules inside the box..

If Jonas had squared it to Owen at the end it was 3 points in the bag!

i'm sure jonas checks his stride aswell before trying to get the shot in........and not forgetting the ball falling to n'zog 18yds out and he mis controls it when lashing the bastard towards the goal was the sensible option.

Funnily enough I thought Jonas and Zog were our most effective midfielders, along with Guthrie despite those "mistakes".

Should have been 3-2

Screwed.

On top of that, the boot in face/handball incident in the first half as well. Blatant penalty