The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

Guest Stephen927

Still very disappointed about the total fuckup from Coach Lane, utterly useless. Thought it was a canny game though, both teams had chances and generally was decent. Shame we couldn't get a 2nd half in.

Banter in the pub was good as well. The jobhunt for the summer is looking pretty dry atm so I'll more than likely be free most times. Even if I do somehow get a job I'll be able to make arrangements.

Which pub did you go to?

Black Bull; although I'm sure The Ship (or something like that) was mentioned. We were driving past it and saw everyone outside the BB so assumed this is where everyone intended to go originally. (My geographical knowledge of that area is minimal).

Thats what I thought it was too, were quite lucky to see some of the lads outside.

Btw I love how Nixon just jumped into that car  :lol:

Guest Heneage

Gutted really. Was too short for by liking and I hate losing. If I was to make criticisms it would be that too many bombed forward and no one on our team was really up for a battle I like stupeedo but there's no way am bottling a challenge with him it's competative for a reason like.

Give Cp and willie credit and it's a shame about my offside but other than that the ref was sound and would love him around next time.

All in all it was a laugh and our goal was cracking just shame it wasn't longer.

Gutted really. Was too short for by liking and I hate losing. If I was to make criticisms it would be that too many bombed forward and no one on our team was really up for a battle I like stupeedo but there's no way am bottling a challenge with him it's competative for a reason like.

Give Cp and willie credit and it's a shame about my offside but other than that the ref was sound and would love him around next time.

All in all it was a laugh and our goal was cracking just shame it wasn't longer.

All goals would have to be class to beat keepers like me and NSG.We could both be premiership keepers if we couldbe arsed :dowie:

Still cant believe that he gave a back pass.  Was bollocks plus Wullie was about 10 yards offside abou 5 times and he gave nowt you can tell it was Stu's mate.

Reds are desperate now, blaming the Ref :no:

My "mate"?! - the guy runs the Newcastle Uni IntraMural leagues & pitches while doing a couple of matches each week as a ref, that's only the second time I've seen him outside of the Newcastle Uni sports centre!! (the first was to referee my last match of the season)

If we were mates, I'd be asking him why on earth he thought Nixon throwing himself into me (and somehow coming off worse) while I'm controlling the ball equals a foul for the red team..?!

The game was good but didn't know about it only being for an hour - was expecting another 45 on top.

If any of the red team are honestly thinking they would have turned the game around with a second half, have a word with yourselves O0 - the 'final score' makes it seem like a close contest...! Nixon and StuBrown were the best players in red, although Gimp had a good game also.

Post match beer was good craic - was good to put names to faces properly for a few people and chat all things football/N-O related.

All goals would have to be class to beat keepers like me and NSG.We could both be premiership keepers if we couldbe arsed :dowie:

Have you recovered from that bout of fumblitis yet?

As for the next match, we tentatively proposed the weekend of the first pre-season match (July) for another match followed by one at the end of August/start of September (whenever Rich gets back).

Denis, the referee, said we can have the Newcastle Uni 3G pitch (next door to Northumbria) for £50-55 for a couple of hours, he'd probably be up for refereeing again (seeing as how he's running the booking we won't have any cock-ups with time either) and he's a pretty sound guy. I'll drop him an email once we know when we're next playing.

Absolute agony again now. Felt a tweak in the first few minutes but could at least jog this time so carried on, though had a 'mare so probably would've been better coming off. Definitely going to see a physio this time because it's getting a joke now! Cp40's volley from the corner of the area was quality. Definitely better than he lets on!

its hard luck on the reds, but with Rich, Stupeedo, and wullie,..we have the three best players,,so looking forward to more wins

Rich won't be around over the summer so we'll have to try and survive without him.

My knee is fucking knacked, it gave out just before kick-off (to cries of Rich "he IS just messing about isn't he..?" :lol:)

It was 2-1, Wullie's lob was the first.

Despite my best managerial efforts right at the end (aka waving hands about and shouting GET THE FUCKING BALL IN THE BOX MAN NIXON), we couldn't salvage the draw.

Is that why you weren't on the pitch then?

Ha, I made one handling error but recovered and it didnt cost us, I haven't played for ages and just recovered from a slipped disc, I didnt play great but I was reasonably happy,my kicing was shite but my knee went after about 2 mins so I had to get optimistic nut to take the goal kicks.

Guest Heneage

Pilko there's no way I'm taking blame here I thought I did well.

Can't wait to get in the bloody house.

Guest Stephen927

Absolute agony again now. Felt a tweak in the first few minutes but could at least jog this time so carried on, though had a 'mare so probably would've been better coming off. Definitely going to see a physio this time because it's getting a joke now! Cp40's volley from the corner of the area was quality. Definitely better than he lets on!

If you had a mare in defence mate, what did I have?  :lol:

Guest Stephen927

Can't remember you making a mistake really. That free kick for the goal was good.

Ha, I made one handling error but recovered and it didnt cost us, I haven't played for ages and just recovered from a slipped disc, I didnt play great but I was reasonably happy,my kicing was shite but my knee went after about 2 mins so I had to get optimistic nut to take the goal kicks.

Just joshing with you mate, I thought you made some decent saves and probably forced Wullie into taking some of his other 1-on-1 chances earlier than he'd have liked to.

Ah no mate I'm not blaming you, it was just you who took a freekick right at the death when I was off.

Despite my best managerial efforts right at the end (aka waving hands about and shouting GET THE FUCKING BALL IN THE BOX MAN NIXON), we couldn't salvage the draw.

Aye, dan b wanted to come back on for the last 5 or so minutes so I made way for him.

Can't remember you making a mistake really. That free kick for the goal was good.

You know it was intended to be a shot...

Ah no mate I'm not blaming you, it was just you who took a freekick right at the death when I was off.

Aye, dan b wanted to come back on for the last 5 or so minutes so I made way for him.

Sorry, hadn't noticed O0

Denis, the referee, said we can have the Newcastle Uni 3G pitch (next door to Northumbria) for £50-55 for a couple of hours, he'd probably be up for refereeing again (seeing as how he's running the booking we won't have any cock-ups with time either) and he's a pretty sound guy. I'll drop him an email once we know when we're next playing.

Denis Murphy, Irish lad?  Nice fella if so.

Denis Murphy, Irish lad?  Nice fella if so.

That's the one, took a liking to Nixon...

Ha, I made one handling error but recovered and it didnt cost us, I haven't played for ages and just recovered from a slipped disc, I didnt play great but I was reasonably happy,my kicing was s**** but my knee went after about 2 mins so I had to get optimistic nut to take the goal kicks.

Just joshing with you mate, I thought you made some decent saves and probably forced Wullie into taking some of his other 1-on-1 chances earlier than he'd have liked to.

Aye, I know, I like the pilko pun,nice?  I thought Wullie was class tbh, he played between ou RB and RCB, neither of them knew who should mark him.  Which is not theirfault, very clever by Wullie.