The Second N-O Football Match - Red Team 1 - 2 Blue Team

Greg

Dave, what happened between me and you, i can remember it, but didnt know much about it at the time.

The ball was running out and we clashed trying to get to it. I smacked the back of my head on the floor and you got a freekick.

Dave, what happened between me and you, i can remember it, but didnt know much about it at the time.

The ball was running out and we clashed trying to get to it. I smacked the back of my head on the floor and you got a freekick.

Haha, nice one ref!

If anyones interested at all in doing a 5 a side leauge let me know via PM. It's at the JJB, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights. We've got a few on board already, but ideally would like to have eight definates for subs and people who can't make it sometimes for whatever reason.

Would of stayed at the pub longer but was skint, shouldnt of even bought that brown ale. I'm sure I've saw a couple of faces before like, I thought it was dejavu at first, but I definatly recognise a few of the lads that I've never met before.

Guest Geordiecunny

Good laugh today like. Some decent players amongst y'ers. I felt extremely rough before the game, but I thought I hid it well.

Good laugh today like. Some decent players amongst y'ers. I felt extremely rough before the game, but I thought I hid it well.

You were the blue left back, yes? Thought we had a nice little rapport going down their left hand side. :thup:

Aye, fuck all this twice a year shit (so it doesn't lose it's importance). It's football for god's sake, theres nowt better then playing a game of football with good lads!

The sooner we arrange another one the better. It's a bit harsh on the lads that travelled a distance, but the majority came from the area, and we'd easily get another 22, not a problem.

Honestly lads, lets get this sorted asap.

I think it'll lose its edge if it's too regular, but I agree I think it should certainly be more regular than every 4 months or so. I'm up for anytime really. As Rocker says, at the end of the day it's a good match with good lads so you can't beat it really.

surprised with my abilty to walk this morning, must be cos the game got cut short.

Now, on a scale of 1-10 , how likely is it the Reds will win next time.

I think it'll lose its edge if it's too regular, but I agree I think it should certainly be more regular than every 4 months or so. I'm up for anytime really. As Rocker says, at the end of the day it's a good match with good lads so you can't beat it really.

Like we said, first pre-season match..!

Apologies for my woeful passing cp40, should have had you away on more than one occasion. :(

its not the passing thats missing, its my ability to get on the end of it,..i know what i want to do in my head, but the legs just dont do it anymore,...

tho, if if you can get the ball to my feet around the edge of the box, i can still get goals.

Guest Stephen927

@ Dave  :snod: ;D

Just remembered the appeals from some of the blues when the ball struck my elbow from a cross, I would have had to have been Neo off the Matrix to have dodged that cross.  :lol:

NewcastleRocker keep in touch about the 5 a side team, very interested in that to try and get some fitness in between N-O games. (Christ, I'm like Michael Owen)

Really enjoyed that lads ,stiff as fuck this morning but defo want to play more just gutted the head knows what to do but legs dont want too ,great craic after the game and a good chance to put faces to names and for those i cant match up thanks again and i am going to work harder to get my fitness levels up to make a better go of it .Hilarious watching Stupeedo in warm up going down Steven Taylor Stylee then making a remarkable recovery in the game  ;D. Too sum it up shocking organisation from the centre and they should be shot and a good natured clean game played in the right spirit for 25 players playing together for a short space of time there was some good football .

Really enjoyed that lads ,stiff as fuck this morning but defo want to play more just gutted the head knows what to do but legs dont want too ,great craic after the game and a good chance to put faces to names and for those i cant match up thanks again and i am going to work harder to get my fitness levels up to make a better go of it .Hilarious watching Stupeedo in warm up going down Steven Taylor Stylee then making a remarkable recovery in the game  ;D. Too sum it up shocking organisation from the centre and they should be shot and a good natured clean game played in the right spirit for 25 players playing together for a short space of time there was some good football .

I was utterly convinced he was taking the piss. :lol:

Stupeedo's Post-Match Player Ratings©:

GK: NSG - 7, solid yet eccentric, nothing we didn't know from last time. Admitted afterwards that he could have been a bit more aggressive for the red's goal

RB: neesy111 - 7, gave the ball away once or twice early on but settled and dealt with dan b surprisingly well

LB: geordiecunny - 6, full of running, tried a couple of flicks that didn't come off but worked hard to  get the ball back

CB: Rich - 8, assured at the back, took the executive decision to try and take stu brown out of the gme when it became apparent he was their only real threat

CB: Ash - 8, the Vidic to Rich's Ferdinand, etc etc. Was definitely the player I underestimated the most at this match.

RM: t'Dave - 6, his usual self, worked hard down the right closing down although found space restricted when our strikers turned into wingers. crossing could be improved...!!

LM: biggs - 7, quite possibly Jonas' long-lost Geordie father. Saw a lot of the ball down the left early on before being asked to play an unfamiliar role up front.

CM: KenDahlTomasson - 7, battled well in midfield before switching to centre half, rarely lost a tackle.

CM: Stupeedo - 6, hampered by a knee injury, hungover and completely unaware that we were only playing one half! Misplaced 4 passes, including one that hit the referee. Turned a red team player inside out before slipping over and gifting possession back to the same player. Rinsed a red team defender with an outrageous turn on the left wing, only to find an offside Wullie with the pass. Seemed to be marking space when the red team had corners, had a goal-bound shot heroically blocked from a blue team corner.

FW: Wullie - 9, took his goal exceptionally well although he'd just skied a sitter from 4 yards. Had numerous other chances to seal a hattrick, but most of these were made by himself so it'd be harsh to fault him for not scoring with a 20 yard attempted lob with his head, or the 2 outrageous attempts to bicycle kick the ball towards goal from the edge of the box..!

FW: CP40 - 8, delivered as promised (a goal) although he admitted afterwards that there's a lot more to playing up front than just standing still! Might be in line for a more defensive position next time..!!

SUBS:

CM: Gary (Rich's mate) - 8, solid midfielder who went box-to-box.

LB/CM: Alex (Stu's mate) - 8, had a couple of long-range efforts which almost snuck inside the post, another forced TGG into a smart save. Started to open up the red defence which some gorgeous cross-field passing towards the end - one of which set up CP40s almost-screamer.

GK: The Gambling Gorilla - 6

RB: Dinotheprehistoricgeordie - 6

CB: Optimistic Nut - 6

CB: Stephen927 - 6

LB: Northerngimp - 7

RW: NewcastleRocker - 7

CM: Lien - 6

CM: chops26(??) - 6

LW: Nixon - 8

ST: dan b - 7

SUB:

Mid/Att: stuartbrown06 - 9; star man for the Reds

I'm sure you had a couple of others subs - apologies if I have forgotten you were playing!

To sum up my performance:

I had 4 'challenges' for the ball with Nixon: I was tackled once, he bounced off me and won a free-kick once, I won the ball once and on the other occasion, I couldn't actually get around him!

I'll do some red team ratings once I have their line-up confirmed...

To sum up my performance:

I had 4 'challenges' for the ball with Nixon: I was tackled once, he bounced off me and won a free-kick once, I won the ball once and on the other occasion, I couldn't actually get around him!

I'll do some red team ratings once I have their line-up confirmed...

You'd need a map and compass.

Thanks for the, 8,..flattered cos apart from a couple decent hits, did fuck all., but i suppose a goal is worth a couple marks.

Its a good job when we were kids I did all the shooting at Gimp, it showed, with his wildly ballooned efforts  ;D