Attitudes on the Football Board

oldtype

Guest The Libertine

Indeed an ignore option is coming, oldtype. One of the major drawbacks of the forum in it's current state is that it's impossible for us to implement such a function.

On version 2.0 of Simple Machines it comes built-in, along with a lot of other nifty stuff that we can't get on here!

However, it still shows an ignored poster has contributed but simply says "you are currently ignoring this user, click here to read the post". So while it doesn't eliminate people completely it makes it much easier to avoid reading stuff from people you don't want to read.

I do agree that people could make more effort on here to be civil and sensible (and less dogmatic), but it's probably not going to happen, so little functions like that could help to make a difference at least to an individual's enjoyment of the place.

It's awful at the minute, hence why I'm barely posting.

you could just ban NE5 and save yourself the work.

There are some utter c***s on here like, but there's plenty in everyday life too.

I think it's more apparent on here because you're constantly dealing with people you wouldn't give a second breath to in real life where it's easy enough to just walk away/not talk to them.

On here we're basically forced to read other people's tripe and see all of the ups/downs in their moods and attitudes and often we just remember the worst of it.

Some people are f***ing awful the majority of the time though and there really isn't any need for it, when, like others have already said: "we're all in the same boat".

Roll-on the ignore function come the new board, that's what I say. :thup:

Are we getting one of those?  :dance:

Get the fuck in.

I don't know every forum, but personally I've found this one better than the other ones I've tried, from the point of view of people behaving themselves.

I tend to accept a certain amount of abuse and winding-up as being an occupational hazard of posting on a football forum. I don't like it, but it's the price of free speech. And you don't have to react, of course.

Some people can swear and still make mmore sense than others. It only gets ugly when it degerates into personal attacks between board members IMO. The anti-board stuff can go a bit over the top as well.

I don't think this place is too bad at all, even now. Let's face it, we're almost all NUFC fans and I think the antagonistic, argumentative, exaggerated and emotional nature of this forum at the moment simply reflects what a mess the club is in.

Some people take things too far, but most don't. Unfortunately the ones that seem to have the louder voices as it were are also those that tend to overdo things.

mackems.gif

I was actually waiting for that. Didn't think it'd be first post though  :lol:

The peabrains always dive in without thinking.

Easier to mock than discuss, ergo.....

Some people can swear and still make more sense than others.

No - it just shows a lack of intelligence to overdo the swearing.

It only gets ugly when it degerates into personal attacks between board members IMO.

That would carry more weight if you didn't indulge in it yourself so enthusiatically.

mackems.gif

I was actually waiting for that. Didn't think it'd be first post though  :lol:

The peabrains always dive in without thinking.

Easier to mock than discuss, ergo.....

Is it actually a serious discussion? :D

Should be.

Its a valid point, I'd say.  :coolsmiley:

aye that too, its amazing how the club affects my mood :lol:

This is THE most accurate comment of all

My day can be made or smashed to smithereens by NUFC.

(Generally the latter)

And my behaviour governed by the result.