The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Would Keegan take the money if it means dropping us right in it?

If he did he'd be as hated as Ashley. Somehow I feel Keegan wouldn't want the club to suffer if that is indeed a fact.

Aye that's why he's suing (or whatever) the club :lol:

"I want £9m, no less!!"

"But it will leave us in a very bad position financially"

"Alright then, little bit for the taxi though?"

Keegan will be looking at it as 9m from Ashley's pocket, not the clubs. I actually think that's what he believes.

He'll be looking at it as 9m.

Of course, but he'll still think it's hurting Mike financially which isn't the case.

That makes him very thick doesnt it? Well he's an ex footballer after all...

Yep.

He loves the club, of course, that goes without saying. Just loves it.

Has he ever said this btw?

You mean he doesn't love the club? Sacrilege!

You clearly rate yourself as intelligent and knowledgable, and are worth reading more often than not in Chat. So why do you continuously post such mind-numbingly boring bollocks in this thread?

If he did he'd be as hated as Ashley. Somehow I feel Keegan wouldn't want the club to suffer if that is indeed a fact.

"I want £9m, no less!!"

Keegan will be looking at it as 9m from Ashley's pocket, not the clubs. I actually think that's what he believes.

Of course, but he'll still think it's hurting Mike financially which isn't the case.

Easy to tell by the way he's reacted to stuff over the years, it's a me vs the world mentality.

He's the type of character that needs to be loved so I am asking would he risk alienating the biggest source of that love?  Or can his ego handle the amount of shit that comes his way if it does drag the club down?

Yep.

You clearly rate yourself as intelligent and knowledgable, and are worth reading more often than not in Chat. So why do you continuously post such mind-numbingly boring bollocks in this thread?

It's that kind of thread.

"I want £9m, no less!!"

Easy to tell by the way he's reacted to stuff over the years, it's a me vs the world mentality.

He's the type of character that needs to be loved so I am asking would he risk alienating the biggest source of that love?  Or can his ego handle the amount of shit that comes his way if it does drag the club down?

If Keegan is deemed to be worthy of £Xm by because of his treatment whilst under contract here then surely to blame him for taking it would be to miss the point? Would the blame not fall at the feet of the people who actually cost the club that money through their actions?

Yep.

Raise above it then. There's been some really good debate at times in this thread (although the last page or four have been pretty grim).

Yep.

Raise above it then. There's been some really good debate at times in this thread (although the last page or four have been pretty grim).

Sorry, but I reserve the right to take the piss.

Yep.

Taking the piss is usually at least vaguely amusing.

Yep.

Ah, just seen it in a rather amusing article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-508956/You-break-bank--Keegan-given-millions-spend-new-stars.html

Amusing? Bliddy depressing more like.

Yep.

Bollocks has there. One person criticises Keegan and points towards the fact that he may not have been entirely blameless in this situation, and the arse-suckers come back with "Oh no, Keegan never does wrong. He's oh so great! Its that nasty man Ashley because he's to blame for everything"

It's become pointless to even try and discuss anything.

Yep.

Taking the piss is usually at least vaguely amusing.

Not if you're the subject.

Re the admin story - I'll side with .com's take on this;

Scaremongering

Those club insiders have been busy again, coming up with a tale that the soon-to-be-known outcome of the legal action brought by Kevin Keegan could be a payout so large as to force Newcastle United into administration.

Our interpretation of this is a final attempt by the current powers-that-be to demonise the former United boss and divert the blame for the events of 2008 and subsequently away from them and their former hired hands towards KK.

The automatic 10 point deduction that administration brings would drop us back to thirteenth spot in the current table, but leave Mike Ashley just one of a list of creditors, rather than the recipient of the proceeds of a sale. In short, it sounds like blatant scaremongering.

It's less than six months since club MD Derek Llambias went on the record to deny press reports that relegation would see the club enter administration, saying that:

"There is absolutely no truth in the story whatsoever. It's ridiculous, it's usually based on a rumour and I don't know where these things are hatched.

"We'd have to restructure our own business plan like everybody else. But our finances are strong, and there would be no threat of administration."

Scaremongering

Those club insiders have been busy again, coming up with a tale that the soon-to-be-known outcome of the legal action brought by Kevin Keegan could be a payout so large as to force Newcastle United into administration.

Our interpretation of this is a final attempt by the current powers-that-be to demonise the former United boss and divert the blame for the events of 2008 and subsequently away from them and their former hired hands towards KK.

The automatic 10 point deduction that administration brings would drop us back to thirteenth spot in the current table, but leave Mike Ashley just one of a list of creditors, rather than the recipient of the proceeds of a sale. In short, it sounds like blatant scaremongering.

It's less than six months since club MD Derek Llambias went on the record to deny press reports that relegation would see the club enter administration, saying that:

"There is absolutely no truth in the story whatsoever. It's ridiculous, it's usually based on a rumour and I don't know where these things are hatched.

"We'd have to restructure our own business plan like everybody else. But our finances are strong, and there would be no threat of administration."

The current regime - which until this point have been totally incapable of any sort of media management - have contacted a reporter at The Independent and planted a false story about the club's finances in order to discredit Kevin Keegan, days before they apparently intend to sell the club. 

For the purposes of affecting the outcome of the tribunal or fooling the supporters?

Scaremongering

The current regime - which until this point have been totally incapable of any sort of media management - have contacted a reporter at The Independent and planted a false story about the club's finances in order to discredit Kevin Keegan, days before they apparently intend to sell the club. 

For the purposes of affecting the outcome of the tribunal or fooling the supporters?

In all honesty? If that's true then it's a last ditch attempt to blacken Keegan's name because they must know that they (the club) are going to lose the case. Keegan gets his pay-out and it's countered that it could push us into admin. It's a dirty trick and a poor one at that.

Scaremongering

In all honesty? If that's true then it's a last ditch attempt to blacken Keegan's name because they must know that they (the club) are going to lose the case. Keegan gets his pay-out and it's countered that it could push us into admin. It's a dirty trick and a poor one at that.

I think it is very unlikely that Ashley & Llambas have any friends in the media who would print a false story intended to discredit Kevin Keegan, or they would have used them during the last year of chaos and misinformation.  Not shortly before they intend to leave the club, and simply for the purposes of a vendetta against Keegan. 

I think it is very unlikely that Ashley & Llambas have any friends in the media who would print a false story intended to discredit Kevin Keegan, or they would have used them during the last year of chaos and misinformation.  Not shortly before they intend to leave the club, and simply for the purposes of a vendetta against Keegan. 

...and you think they don't know people in the media who will simply print what they get told from "club sources"! :rolleyes:

Are you forgetting the Lampard, Beckham & Henry story, or do you just believe it?

Adminstration is not worth worrying about, whatever amount Keegan might win because of his alleged constructive dismissal. It's a one-off hit that says nought about the financial viability of the club. Ashley will either pay up or lose an amount vastly in excess of the 4 or 8 million being bandied about.

You think Llambias himself rang up the journalists to get the story out? Nah. Despite the piss poor PR from the club, they will have professionals to do that part of the job.