The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Hope this finally shuts up the Keegan bashers

Why? This is exactly the kind of expected verdict on Ashley and co's actions.

Why? Er, because the judgement completely vindicates Keegan.

But no matter what the judgement says he still just gave up and walked out.

if keegan has these concern's in july, why didn't he walk out then etc

How could he have concerns about signing Nacho in July when he didn't sign till September ffs

Guest neesy111

How could he have concerns about signing Nacho in July when he didn't sign till September ffs

well if this whole thing is about the transfer of 1 player, then i'm very suprised

He didnt walk out in September he was constructively dismissed :pow:

well if this whole thing is about the transfer of 1 player, then i'm very suprised

Well OK, let's assume KK has concerns in July. The transfer window doesn't close until September. Does he walk away then, or does he, maybe naively, wait until the window closes and sees how it pans out?

How ANYONE can still think KK is in the wrong after reading the results in the PDF is utterly, utterly beyond me.

not totally, as keegan would of got his 9m if he did

If you read the whole judgement, it's clear the size of his pay-out was dictated by the smallest of small print in his contract and so is  more or less irrelevant next to the fact that his complaint was upheld and the club have been ridiculed by the arbitration panel.

Guest icemanblue

Sounds almost too petty and ridiculous doesn't it, hmmm...

Read the pdf, man. There's no way someone can read that and still blame KK.

Precisely.

That is as damning a verdict as you can get on Ashley and the way in which he runs the club. In fact the words used are as damning as you can get from a legal point of view. Questioning the clubs witnesses, the club having to change the definition of the word 'manager' throughout the proceedings. Keegan completely vindicated

not totally, as keegan would of got his 9m if he did

If you read the whole judgement, it's clear the size of his pay-out was dictated by the smallest of small print in his contract and so is  more or less irrelevant next to the fact that his complaint was upheld and the club have been ridiculed by the arbitration panel.

I agree, for those that have not read the pdf (and for what its worth, I found it very easy to read, and not at all in 'lawyer speak') it seems clear to me that the tribunal found fully in Keegans favour, but that his contract had the small print indicating that if it ended, any compensation was limited to £2m.

So basically they awarded him the maximum possible.

Having read through it one thing is certain to me. It is now imperative that Ashley, Llambias and their like are all out of the club for good as soon as possible.

It has been agreed that we will determine the question of costs once the

parties have been notified of our award and have had an opportunity to make written

submissions about costs to us. We will also determine the questions whether there

should be a discount for early receipt and/or any deduction for earnings received since

Mr Keegan’s constructive dismissal once we have received written submissions on

these issues.

This is the best result possible for everyone. Keegan is vindicated, the club isn't cleaned out and the sale to Barry Moat should now go through assuming Ashley doesn't pull another rabbit from the hat. I'm really pleased with it :thup:

Guest neesy111

Sounds almost too petty and ridiculous doesn't it, hmmm...

Then again, the PDF says it's not only about that one player.

if it wasn't then fine, what about xisco? & jonas, remember keegan actually showed xisco around st james'

Guest antz1uk

read it in full.. ashley and co fucked up big style, but i still believe keegan acted petulantly and typically keeganesque... fgs they signed him on loan, he didnt have to play him!

his press release is trying to justify it all to the fans too.

we should never have gave him the job in the 1st place

nowhere does it go on about any of the schweinsteiger rumour or any other player being part of the whole thing

i agree he deserved the tribunal win as they never said he wouldnt have final say on transfers, however i believe this could have all been avoided

his needs to be proven right far exceed those of his self declared love for the club

the man is stubborn and pig headed, just like his nemesis.. mr ashley (both in the wrong imo)

fgs the man was trying to claim for 'stigma' damages.. wtf is that?? he has had that stigma of walking out long before he was re signed for us

i am glad it was only £2m as hopefully this will finally get the sale of the club moving.. ashley cannot stay after the report shows him to be a liar and a c0ck, but no way on this planet would i ever have keegan back at this club

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Why has Keegan waited until now to write this PDF?

I take that back it's 23 pages, would have taken him ages to write it as he probably quit a few times along the way due to word using the wrong font without telling him.

Anybody who continues this anti keegan stance has absolutely no credibilty left whatsoever.

Wonder what their motive is tbh

If you read the thing once it is what will you think the key bit being

6. Although we heard a considerable amount of evidence as to events which took place

in the months which followed Mr Keegan’s appointment, in view of our conclusions,

we can proceed at once to the events which culminated in Mr Keegan’s resignation on

4 September 2008.

Guest neesy111

Anybody who continues this anti keegan stance has absolutely no credibilty left whatsoever.

my problem with keegan, is that he's a quitter, walked out on us last time, and left england right up the shit

my problem with keegan, is that he's a quitter, walked out on us last time, and left england right up the shit

like i said, you have no credibilty.