The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

who was sold behind keegans back? he wanted faye out and milner handed in a transfer request.

If you want to play those games mate, show me quotes where KK said "i want Faye out this club"

Milner most likey was forced to put in a transfer request much like shay given was against his wishes.

im not the one saying players were being sold behind his back though. i want some proof of that first.

the second bit is completely made up.

Made up going off what happended to shay............

who was sold behind keegans back? he wanted faye out and milner handed in a transfer request.

Ahhh Fagatine rides again in to battle on his trusty steed called Steve Curry.

The Milner money was supposed to be spent on a replacement and it wasnt, hence why KK had Llambias by the neck at the reserve game asking where the players were he was promised.

If that happened I don't fancy his chances at the employment tribunal like.

Unless you're making it up of course.

Erm correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Keegan want Milner to stay? If my memory serves me right he wanted to keep him then we got the massive offer which tempted the board to sell him then Keegan reluctantly agreed as long as he got the transfer money to buy a replacement. He wasn't allowed to though and if the reports are to be believed Wise bought Xisco and got Gonzalez on loan while Keegan was trying to get a left back, centre back and central midfielder. Thats how I remember it anyway.

I see someone mentioned the Robbie Keane transfer and I am not sure if Benitez signed him or not but bloody hell there is a difference. While the principle may be the same, Benitez has a very good squad at Liverpool and a very good player in Robbie Keane was added to that (whoever signed him). Keegan could see clearly that both our first choice team and squad was painfully short of quality and depth yet he wasn't allowed to do his job properly in rectifying the problem. Dennis Wise went out and spent a lot of money on unproven players who have turned into massive flops. I'm sure if Keegan was Liverpool manager and Robbie Keane was signed behind his back he wouldn't have walked out like that. When you have a squad full of dead wood like ours you can't afford to have someone piss any money you do have up the wall on fucking unproven shit.

Guest The Libertine

If you want to play those games mate, show me quotes where KK said "i want Faye out this club"

Milner most likey was forced to put in a transfer request much like shay given was against his wishes.

im not the one saying players were being sold behind his back though. i want some proof of that first.

made up to suit your argument, like most things.

Guest The Libertine

Erm correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Keegan want Milner to stay? If my memory serves me right he wanted to keep him then we got the massive offer which tempted the board to sell

milner handed in a transfer request 9 days before he was sold.

Erm correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Keegan want Milner to stay? If my memory serves me right he wanted to keep him then we got the massive offer which tempted the board to sell

milner handed in a transfer request 9 days before he was sold.

Aye but wasn't that because he wanted a better contract? I'm pretty sure KK did want to keep him but he requested a transfer after getting frustrated at not getting one. Thats not really the main point in this though, the main point is that the money from his sale did not go towards KK's tranfer funds. Wise was busy wasting money on unproven players instead.

made up to suit your argument, like most things.

Given was treated exactly the same so why not.  Ashley has previous.

You're never going to win the argument .

I really do wonder why Keegan said it was his decision to sell Milner.

Probably to keep everything cool behind the scenes and try not to make negative headlines. I do remember him saying that he would be replaced. He obviously thought he would be backed with the money. Lets face it, KK would have definitely found a better player than Milner with the money he got for him.

Cos he anticipated getting £12m to spend on a better player(s)? Also would have triggered a fair amount of controversy if he hadn't, given that he'd said a few days earlier that he didn't want the guy to leave.

Cos he anticipated getting £12m to spend on a better player(s)? Also would have triggered a fair amount of controversy if he hadn't, given that he'd said a few days earlier that he didn't want the guy to leave.

In theory that works

but it seems really strange to me that he'd compromise his principles like that in order to save face for the club and then walk out 3 days later because of those same principles

So he told a lie then?

I wouldn't say he told a lie. He obviously didn't want Milner to leave but he would have agreed to it thinking that he was getting £12m to replace him. If he was allowed to get a replacement for him we probably wouldn't have went down. Come to that, if Milner stayed he would have probably got a few goals which would have got us another point or two.

So he told a lie then?

I wouldn't say he told a lie. He obviously didn't want Milner to leave but he would have agreed to it thinking that he was getting £12m to replace him. If he was allowed to get a replacement for him we probably wouldn't have went down. Come to that, if Milner stayed he would have probably got a few goals which would have got us another point or two.

If keegan had been given the 100mil ashley has lost we would be playing in Europe next season.

In theory that works

but it seems really strange to me that he'd compromise his principles like that in order to save face for the club and then walk out 3 days later because of those same principles

Well if you put yourself in his position it is easier to understand. He sells a player he doesn't want to sell but he gets big money for him and thinks he can replace him (and he probably would have with a better player). Three days later he not only hasn't been allowed to replace him, but he has watched Dennis Wise piss up big money on players who were not required. He wasn't gonna go on SSN and tell the world those were his decisions was he.

In theory that works

Well if you put yourself in his position it is easier to understand. He sells a player he doesn't want to sell but he gets big money for him and thinks he can replace him (and he probably would have with a better player). Three days later he not only hasn't been allowed to replace him, but he has watched Dennis Wise piss up big money on players who were not required. He wasn't gonna go on SSN and tell the world those were his decisions was he.

When did I suggest he would?

If his principles meant so much to him on September 2nd, why did he lie for the club 4 days earlier? Just seems a little odd to me

In theory that works

When did I suggest he would?

If his principles meant so much to him on September 2nd, why did he lie for the club 4 days earlier? Just seems a little odd to me

Well its easier to let things go if there is an opportunity to make a positive out of a negative. When you can't do anything about a situation anymore i guess it makes you feel a lot more strongly about your principles.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

So he told a lie then?

If keegan had been given the 100mil ashley has lost we would be playing in Europe next season.

If my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

So he told a lie then?

If my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

if you said something worth reading, you'd be someone else.

:lol:

So he told a lie then?

In fact, I believe Kevin Keegan alone will be able to galvanise the entire team and win matches, with or without Milner.

On the surface of things, without going into too many guesses or presuppositions, I feel that Keegan has valid reasons to leave Newcastle Untied this time round. I don't think he should be faulted for doing so.

Guest BooBoo

If the club is to move forward, we need someone with backbone who will get the club by the scruff of the neck. Not yellow bellies who will jog off the first time they have doubts that they wont get everything how they want it.

I used to love Keegan and I doubt very much whether I'll ever see a NUFC side as good as his. Having said that, he's shat on us twice now (buy my book, that will tell you why i left!) and i've lost a lot of respect for him. Thanks Kev for the good times but it's time for everyone to simply move on. He's history.

Guest fading star

Keegan’s done more good for NUFC that just about any single person in the club’s history - you’re lack of respect is as obnoxious as it is misguided.

Those criticising KK are living in some kind of dream world where he should have hung around despite being treat like shite by TCM. They’re also missing the point, Keegan’s emotional idealism is what made him a good manager, take that away and he wouldn’t have built the best side we’ve seen since the 60’s. You can't have it both ways, he can't be a pragmatist and an idealist.

Guest The Libertine
Those criticising KK are living in some kind of dream world

i'd say the one who refuse to criticise him are the ones living in the dream world, aka 1995.