The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Can anyone answer me why KK should have stayed when he was ignored in the transfer market in regards to both players coming in and out, and he had Dennis Wise buying players behind his back. Why should KK have stayed and went into the season with a team he knew was nowhere near good enough? He would have got all of the flack if we had a bad season.  He could see that team was not good enough to compete and he was powerless to change that. Fucking hell, I find it amazing that anyone thinks he has been a bastard resigning when you look at the circumstances. What he done was not a cowardly act. He got the piss took out of him and he done what any manager worth their salt would do. If Fergie, Benitez, Wenger, Moyes or O'Neill had Dennis Wise making such decisions at their clubs do  you think they would allow it? No they would walk. Ashley's loyalties were all wrong and he's found out the hard way.

:clap:

Can anyone answer me why KK should have stayed when he was ignored in the transfer market in regards to both players coming in and out, and he had Dennis Wise buying players behind his back. Why should KK have stayed and went into the season with a team he knew was nowhere near good enough? He would have got all of the flack if we had a bad season.  He could see that team was not good enough to compete and he was powerless to change that. f***ing hell, I find it amazing that anyone thinks he has been a b****** resigning when you look at the circumstances. What he done was not a cowardly act. He got the piss took out of him and he done what any manager worth their salt would do. If Fergie, Benitez, Wenger, Moyes or O'Neill had Dennis Wise making such decisions at their clubs do  you think they would allow it? No they would walk. Ashley's loyalties were all wrong and he's found out the hard way.

Utter bollox in Rafa's case.

Robbie Keane was signed behind his back and he didn't walk out.

aye, but was that not the reason rafa left valencia?

i'm sure i remember seeing an interview with him saying he left cos he got sick of being bought players he didn't want/need, 'i asked for a sofa, and they got me a lamp' or something i remember he said

aye, but was that not the reason rafa left valencia?

i'm sure i remember seeing an interview with him saying he left cos he got sick of being bought players he didn't want/need, 'i asked for a sofa, and they got me a lamp' or something i remember he said

When did Zigic sign for them?

Can anyone answer me why KK should have stayed when he was ignored in the transfer market in regards to both players coming in and out, and he had Dennis Wise buying players behind his back. Why should KK have stayed and went into the season with a team he knew was nowhere near good enough? He would have got all of the flack if we had a bad season.  He could see that team was not good enough to compete and he was powerless to change that. f***ing hell, I find it amazing that anyone thinks he has been a b****** resigning when you look at the circumstances. What he done was not a cowardly act. He got the piss took out of him and he done what any manager worth their salt would do. If Fergie, Benitez, Wenger, Moyes or O'Neill had Dennis Wise making such decisions at their clubs do  you think they would allow it? No they would walk. Ashley's loyalties were all wrong and he's found out the hard way.

Robbie Keane... Ignacio Gonzalez. Hmm.

Keane wasn't signed behind his back, he was signed for a fee Benitez didn't agree with.

Dont want Keegan back here after what he has done to us .

What did he do to us exactly?

I'll think you'll find he had our best interests at heart going by the events since he left.  And I bet he has been gagged by the del boy who owns us.

He left us in the s*** at the start of the season and we never recovered and i cannot forgive him for that and its been churned up so many times he should never have came back ,How many times has he jumped ship ?  if he wasnt so spineless he should have insisted on Wise leaving before him ,this argument will go on and on but imho let him go cos self interest is his motivation and we need to start a fresh as i said why oh why go back to him because we all know it will end in tears as history tells us this,how many managers have acted like a spoilt brat like him through there managerial careers .

I think you'll find it was Ashleys decision making that left us in the shit, hence why KK walked.

If Keegan walked out, head held high on principle...

...then why the fuck did he sue us for wrongful dismissal?

...and failed to show any interest in highlighting the issues, or call for change at the top to help his beloved club if he thought it was so bad that he needed to do his disappearing act again?

Ah come on now? Nobody? :razz:

I'll think you'll find he had our best interests at heart going by the events since he left.  And I bet he has been gagged by the del boy who owns us.

He left us in the s*** at the start of the season and we never recovered and i cannot forgive him for that and its been churned up so many times he should never have came back ,How many times has he jumped ship ?  if he wasnt so spineless he should have insisted on Wise leaving before him ,this argument will go on and on but imho let him go cos self interest is his motivation and we need to start a fresh as i said why oh why go back to him because we all know it will end in tears as history tells us this,how many managers have acted like a spoilt brat like him through there managerial careers .

I think you'll find it was Ashleys decision making that left us in the shit, hence why KK walked.

If Keegan walked out, head held high on principle...

...then why the fuck did he sue us for wrongful dismissal?

...and failed to show any interest in highlighting the issues, or call for change at the top to help his beloved club if he thought it was so bad that he needed to do his disappearing act again?

Ah come on now? Nobody? :razz:

1 - Because he was wrongfully dismissed?

2 - Pre-court case gagging order?

:undecided:

how about "if" (and it has to ba "if" as ,as of yet we have no evidence either way) keegan stamped his feet demanding certain players that were out of price/wage range ?

Sharp got his way though didnt he. 6 months was it Keane lasted ?

That is actually one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum.

Got to go to work now but i would love you to elaborate on this as you seem to be singling out my post with no proper replys apart from pathetic answers with no reasoning  :undecided: :idiot2:

how about "if" (and it has to ba "if" as ,as of yet we have no evidence either way) keegan stamped his feet demanding certain players that were out of price/wage range ?

Keegan would be my first choice as our next manager providing what you've alluded to didn't happen, i.e. that he walked because he was undermined by Wise/Llambias without there being any truth in the "Madness of King Kev" story where he wanted Henry, Ronaldinho, Lampard, and whoever else was mentioned.

Not too fussed about Messiah talk, "never go back" theories, his reputation of being a "serial walker", and anything else irrelevant/unsubstantiated. The bottom line with Keegan is that he took a woefully shit team from Allardyce, a team that couldn't pass the ball to save it's life, a team that had no shape or system, and without any signings had them playing decent to good football and winning games in a unique system tailored to get the best out of specific players. To be able to do that suggets, nay proves, that he's still a very good manager indeed. A manager who by his managerial skills alone can turn a shit team/squad into a pretty decent one would be invaluable right now.

We don't know if thats true but that doesn't take away the fact that there was players signed and sold behind is back. If he had daft targets who we couldn't get then that would have been his own fault, but what can't be accepted is the fact that Ashley give wise the power to sign other players and sell players behind his back.

Guest The Libertine

who was sold behind keegans back? he wanted faye out and milner handed in a transfer request.

who was sold behind keegans back? he wanted faye out and milner handed in a transfer request.

Ahhh Fagatine rides again in to battle on his trusty steed called Steve Curry.

The Milner money was supposed to be spent on a replacement and it wasnt, hence why KK had Llambias by the neck at the reserve game asking where the players were he was promised.

Guest The Libertine

The Milner money was supposed to be spent on a replacement and it wasnt, hence why KK had Llambias by the neck at the reserve game asking where the players were he was promised.

very mature.

you still didnt answer the question.

If you want to play those games mate, show me quotes where KK said "i want Faye out this club"

Milner most likey was forced to put in a transfer request much like shay given was against his wishes.

very mature.

you still didnt answer the question.

You do know who steve curry is dont you?

Didn't think anyone was sold behind his back?

The issue was that after Milner's sale, Keegan had publicly stated that fans should wait until the window closed before judging his transfer acumen, i.e. that he had a plan and was looking to sign several other players. Immediately after the window closed, he resigned because we signed players he didn't want and missed out on those he did want. One of whom we know to be Kamil Zayate, who we were in for at the time of the window closing and who afterwards is quoted as saying that Keegan wanted him but the board didn't.

Guest The Libertine

If you want to play those games mate, show me quotes where KK said "i want Faye out this club"

Milner most likey was forced to put in a transfer request much like shay given was against his wishes.

im not the one saying players were being sold behind his back though. i want some proof of that first.

the second bit is completely made up.