The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Robson was sacked and, as far as I remember, simply wanted the money owed to him for the rest of his contract.  Keegan walked out and is suing for more then his contract was even worth.

The club was happy to continue to pay Robson, honouring his contract, until he got a new job elsewhere. That wasn't enough for him though, he wanted to be able to get another job (possibly for a rival) and carry on leeching supporter's money off us as well as getting paid for managing another club. So he dragged the club through an expensive court case. It was futile in end for him anyway, as noone wanted him after the out of control dressing room he left at SJP which even the best manager in the world would have found difficult to turn around, and ultimately led to our relegation last season.

Just when you think this thread can't get more ridiculous...

im never surprised how ridiculous a thread can get when Ozzie is involved.

Robson was sacked and, as far as I remember, simply wanted the money owed to him for the rest of his contract.  Keegan walked out and is suing for more then his contract was even worth.

The club was happy to continue to pay Robson, honouring his contract, until he got a new job elsewhere. That wasn't enough for him though, he wanted to be able to get another job (possibly for a rival) and carry on leeching supporter's money off us as well as getting paid for managing another club. So he dragged the club through an expensive court case. It was futile in end for him anyway, as noone wanted him after the out of control dressing room he left at SJP which even the best manager in the world would have found difficult to turn around, and ultimately led to our relegation last season.

Not only do you contradict yourself there but the reality doesn't bear you out either.

Bobby was sacked in the August and turned down the Hearts job in the following June and only joined Ireland the following January after that - almost 18 months later.

:idiot2:

UV is on crack. Do you happen to also believe God told Bush to invade Iraq and see a valid reason for the new Allied countries to be in Afghanistan? You seem to believe everything the clubheads tell you, and in the simplest of theories.

I'm not even gonna bother breaking down how retardedly wrong you are in your opinion of the final weeks of Robson's tenure here all the way to our relegation, but I'm gonna start with a reactionary, primary rebuttal: Robson inherited a far worse dressing room and still turned the club around. Souness took a top-five side with internal issues that could've been solved with any manager worth his money but instead cocked it up in typical Souness fashion. Blaming Robson for our relegation is an idea I hadn't ever come across before, so kudos for bringing your insightful opinion to the world.

Ok first of all he didn't get a new job until after his contract with Newcastle would have ended despite being offered jobs in that time.  Secondly if someone with a contract is sacked he has to be paid in full for the remaining time of that contract.  Getting another job has absolutely no baring on that what so ever.

Not only do you contradict yourself there but the reality doesn't bear you out either.

Bobby was sacked in the August and turned down the Hearts job in the following June and only joined Ireland the following January after that - almost 18 months later.

:idiot2:

I don't think I'm contradicting myself by pointing out that what someone wants/thinks they can get may be completely out of step with what they're likely to be offered (see this thread for details).

It took a nutter like Romanov to offer him a job after nearly a year, which was after the length of his contract anyway hence why the court case was futile. The Ireland job was just a consultancy thing.

Ok first of all he didn't get a new job until after his contract with Newcastle would have ended despite being offered jobs in that time.  Secondly if someone with a contract is sacked he has to be paid in full for the remaining time of that contract.  Getting another job has absolutely no baring on that what so ever.

Was he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garden_leave

Guest Alan Shearer 9

after the out of control dressing room he left at SJP which even the best manager in the world would have found difficult to turn around, and ultimately led to our relegation last season.

Indeed, if Souness couldn't save us God knows who could. Maybe Nelson Mandela, I don't know

so......how likely is he to win this court case?? i never really contemplated KK winning but maybe he will, i dont really know haha.

100% he will win. He was Lied to by his employer.

:lol:

Surprised you can even type so well with your head being so far up the Messiah's arse.

so......how likely is he to win this court case?? i never really contemplated KK winning but maybe he will, i dont really know haha.

100% he will win. He was Lied to by his employer.

:lol:

Surprised you can even type so well with your head being so far up the Messiah's arse.

his arse has a dongle up it.

you never contemplated KK winnning?  of course he'll win, his main part of his defence case is NUFC's own publications, its in the official match programme and the magazine with Ashley interviewed saying KK has final decision on transfers.

you never contemplated KK winnning?  of course he'll win, his main part of his defence case is NUFC's own publications, its in the official match programme and the magazine with Ashley interviewed saying KK has final decision on transfers.

i'm pretty sure anything in the contract would outweigh that, which is after all the equivilent of wenger saying anelka wouldn't be sold.

the ""final decision" but could mean lots of things. if darlos manager asks for wayne rooney and is told they cant afford it does that mean he didn't have the final say ?

i'm pretty sure anything in the contract would outweigh that, which is after all the equivilent of wenger saying anelka wouldn't be sold.

the ""final decision" but could mean lots of things. if darlos manager asks for wayne rooney and is told they cant afford it does that mean he didn't have the final say ?

It obviously does if the manager is Kevin Keegan.

it appears even Ashley dosent have your faith in his position.

The only position I have is that I'd rather the club had the money than Keegan.

That and the fact I find the blind faith of the Keegan worshippers both amusing and a bit fucking sad.

The only position I have is that I'd rather the club had the money than Keegan.

That and the fact I find the blind faith of the Keegan worshippers both amusing and a bit f***ing sad.

I find you sad.