The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

:lol:

With their name being dragged through the mud all over the press that'll be why West Ham did so poorly last season and couldn't get taken over then.

I must have missed the bit where West Ham fans collectively spat out the dummy and started a boycoutt over their infallible god-like hero Curbishley.

You really hate Keegan don't you?  :lol:

No, he really hates Newcastle supporters, as going by that it's US to blame for the difference between what happened at NUFC & what happened at WHUFC.

BTW how has this supposed "boycoutt" affected the club Ozzie? The boycoutt which saw us have the highest ever attendance for a team relegated in the UK & the 6th highest average attendance in England this season.

The turmoil definitely affected our chances of getting a decent interim replacement after KK legged it. It may also have affected the sale, but who can really say whether any buyers were put off by the prospect of a fractious, difficult-to-satisfy fan base? I'm sure it makes us look a less attractive prospect, though. How could it make us more likely to find a buyer?

The aftermath of the KK situation clearly affected what you've described above, but not to the extent that we were being run and owned by an incompetant did. The fact a retard was running the club meant it was extremely unlikely we were going to get a decent interim manager in (became an issue again when JFK got ill). He's also done a pretty poor job thus far of getting the club sold again, despite having ages to do it and claiming to be very keen to get out.

It really puts prospective owners off knowing we can only get attendances higher than 3/4 of the premiership while in the 2nd division with no manager and an unpopular current owner.  :undecided:

Well if he wins Ozzie, would you at least admit that he did nothing wrong by walking out?

That's a staggering statement.

It would have found that Keegan was forced out.  How can he still be blamed?

Because you should stick at a job even if your bosses are making you out to look like an idiot...apparently.  If Keegan left in January (a la Given) I'd be annoyed to giving a club 35 games to sort its self out is more than enough time.

With their name being dragged through the mud all over the press that'll be why West Ham did so poorly last season and couldn't get taken over then.

Nobody bought West Ham though.  Their holding company went bankrupt, so the only asset the company had (West Ham United) was transferred to the companies principle creditor.  Being an attractive proposition really didn't come into it..

It's starting again  :frantic:

Quick everyone, take cover in Keegan's arse. It's safe there...

I don't think its anything to do with that tbh.  Like I said, if Keegan left later I'd be annoyed but all he did was wait to see the outcome of the transfer window and then proved to himself that idiots were running the club's recruitment.

Even with all the protests and furore we should've stayed up with 35 more games to go. 

I must have missed the bit where West Ham fans collectively spat out the dummy and started a boycoutt over their infallible god-like hero Curbishley.

No, he really hates Newcastle supporters, as going by that it's US to blame for the difference between what happened at NUFC & what happened at WHUFC.

BTW how has this supposed "boycoutt" affected the club Ozzie? The boycoutt which saw us have the highest ever attendance for a team relegated in the UK & the 6th highest average attendance in England this season.

The turmoil definitely affected our chances of getting a decent interim replacement after KK legged it. It may also have affected the sale, but who can really say whether any buyers were put off by the prospect of a fractious, difficult-to-satisfy fan base? I'm sure it makes us look a less attractive prospect, though. How could it make us more likely to find a buyer?

[b[No, the fact Ashley was only offering a 1 month contract affected the managerial appointment. [/b[On the second point, see my edited post above.

Venables said otherwise.

[b[No, the fact Ashley was only offering a 1 month contract affected the managerial appointment. [/b[On the second point, see my edited post above.

Venables said otherwise.

I need to listen to Terry Venables more.

I don't think its anything to do with that tbh.  Like I said, if Keegan left later I'd be annoyed but all he did was wait to see the outcome of the transfer window and then proved to himself that idiots were running the club's recruitment.

Even with all the protests and furore we should've stayed up with 35 more games to go. 

Again, it goes back to blaming the board for everything. I know Mike Ashley is a wanker and a sad excuse of a businessman, but it doesn't mean he's to blame for EVERYTHING.

Keegan, the players and such need to shoulder some of the responsibility as well.

Again, it goes back to blaming the board for everything. I know Mike Ashley is a w***** and a sad excuse of a businessman, but it doesn't mean he's to blame for EVERYTHING.

Keegan, the players and such need to shoulder some of the responsibility as well.

I agree it's not just the board, I do blame the players.  To say Keegan was a large reason for us going down is just wrong to me.

Venables said otherwise.

O RLY?

"Newcastle United means too much to too many people to take the job on a short-term basis. It demands total commitment and dedication from a manager who is prepared to throw himself heart and soul into the club.

"I didn't want to move up to Tyneside and find myself surplus to requirements before I'd even had the chance to get my teeth into the challenge.

"The way the job was offered to me meant that I might be working at St James' Park for two months, two years - or two weeks. There was far too much uncertainty involved."

Again, it goes back to blaming the board for everything. I know Mike Ashley is a w***** and a sad excuse of a businessman, but it doesn't mean he's to blame for EVERYTHING.

I agree it's not just the board, I do blame the players.  To say Keegan was a large reason for us going down is just wrong to me.

I'm not saying he is. What I'm saying is in the whole situation, taking the job in the first place, walking away etc. etc., he isn't entirely blameless and it's stupid to act like he is (not saying you are btw, talking in general)

If Keegan wins this, why should he be blamed.  He wasn't allowed to do his job and it would have been proved in court.

Venables said otherwise.

O RLY?

"Newcastle United means too much to too many people to take the job on a short-term basis. It demands total commitment and dedication from a manager who is prepared to throw himself heart and soul into the club.

"I didn't want to move up to Tyneside and find myself surplus to requirements before I'd even had the chance to get my teeth into the challenge.

"The way the job was offered to me meant that I might be working at St James' Park for two months, two years - or two weeks. There was far too much uncertainty involved."

Venables had discussions about the job, but was never offered it, FWIW.

He quite publicly stated he wouldn't have taken it with the terms on offer though. Don't blame him tbh, mental situation to work in.

YOU CALLING SHEARER MENTAL?  :angry:

Well if he wins Ozzie, would you at least admit that he did nothing wrong by walking out?

How does getting compensation prove he did nothing wrong though?

"did nothing wrong by walking out." != "did nothing wrong."

RCP

Er he would have won his case,  that he couldn't do his job as initially agreed upon and that he was forced out :lol:  they had breached his contract and that he had valid grounds to sue for his treatment.  What would he have done wrong? 

Yes

Er he would have won his case,  that he couldn't do his job as initially agreed upon and that he was forced out :lol:  they had breached his contract and that he had valid grounds to sue for his treatment.  What would he have done wrong? 

So if the club wins the case - then they are blameless and did nothing wrong?