Giles Barnes

Guest michaelfoster

Guest Stephen927

Maybe we can team him up with Appiah in a wankathonic injury prone Bosmantic midfield of dreams.

Sadly Appiah is no longer a free agent, but I like your ideas.

If he was willing to come on a pay as you play deal or a low basic wage with bonuses for playing I don't see it as much of a risk. I just thought he looked a really talented youngster a while back  :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Just signed for WBA.

5 month deal with a further year in the clubs favour, on a very cheap contract untill he proves his fitness, could be fit by April apparently.

If it works out, a £5 million pound Premiership standard player for nothing, well, next to nothing. Small gamble but potentially very beneficial for the club.

Jeremy Peace is a wizard around finance and player contracts, that is why we are one of the wealthiest clubs in the country!

One of the wealthier clubs in the country yet still a yo-yo club. I'd be wondering where the hell the money goes.

Oh we have no money, but we have no debt, thats real wealth in todays football world! ;D

This will be like when West Ham signed Kieron Dyer.

Potentialy far riskier than Dyer, but virtually a shot for nothing so we will see, may be a stroke of genius as well!

Maybe. I don't believe injury prone players ever stop being injury prone though.

This will be like when West Ham signed Kieron Dyer.

Potentialy far riskier than Dyer, but virtually a shot for nothing so we will see, may be a stroke of genius as well!

Maybe. I don't believe injury prone players ever stop being injury prone though.

Tend to agree, tends to run that way!

Cool a WBA fan, hope you're a decent one, were collecting them (decent other fans) :)

BTW i think Barnes is an excellent player, injuries have ruined him though, question is can he put them behind him and continue a career which started so promising.

Cool a WBA fan, hope you're a decent one, were collecting them (decent other fans) :)

BTW i think Barnes is an excellent player, injuries have ruined him though, question is can he put them behind him and continue a career which started so promising.

Thats the £5million pound question is'nt it!

One of the wealthier clubs in the country yet still a yo-yo club. I'd be wondering where the hell the money goes.

Oh we have no money, but we have no debt, thats real wealth in todays football world! ;D

Your finance director said that you were £7m in debt in December. What's happened since then to correct that?

Your finance director said that you were £7m in debt in December. What's happened since then to correct that?

He has an interesting accounting style, for instance the sale of Robinson to Bolton £2.1 million  :celb: and Greening to Fulham £5 million, will not show on this years acounts, he defers payment for tax reasons, this is an annual event for us, Cuntis Davis to Villa being another example,all loan deals which are permenant at the end of the season, no get out.

Us fans hate his prudence but it probably means we are always going to exist, abeit in some sort of footballing twilight zone between Championship and Premiership.

He has an interesting accounting style, for instance the sale of Robinson to Bolton £2.1 million  :celb: and Greening to Fulham £5 million, will not show on this years acounts, he defers payment for tax reasons, this is an annual event for us, Cuntis Davis to Villa being another example,all loan deals which are permenant at the end of the season, no get out.

Us fans hate his prudence but it probably means we are always going to exist, abeit in some sort of footballing twilight zone between Championship and Premiership.

Aye, all my Bolton supporter friends are delighted with the Robinson transfer de-ligh-ted  :nope:

Aye, all my Bolton supporter friends are delighted with the Robinson transfer de-ligh-ted   :nope:

£2.1 million for an average 30 year old fullback with dodgy knees (bits missing from birth), told you our chairman is a financial wizard!

Aye, all my Bolton supporter friends are delighted with the Robinson transfer de-ligh-ted   :nope:

£2.1 million for an average 30 year old fullback with dodgy knees (bits missing from birth), told you our chairman is a financial wizard!

Aye but Ashley managed to get £500k for a half a season loan for Shola Ameobi.