Giles Barnes

Guest michaelfoster

£3m, and loan back to Derby for the rest of the season.

Let him build back his fitness there.

I think they would consider that considering where they may be next season

Now come on, that would just be far too sensible for us to do!

We've got a very limited (if any) transfer budget and you want us to spend some of it on a player to be loaned out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kenny_c

Birmingham had him on trial for the last week, decided against signing him, now on trial at WBA, Derby released him cause of a couple of injuries and couldnt afford to keep him while he was injured, surely he must be worth a punt, even just till the end of the season!

It's unusual these days, with the sophisticated surgery that's available, for a player to have their career knackered this early.

If there's still hope of a recovery, he's surely worth the chance, because I think he's a big talent.

How many games has he played in the last 2 or 3 seasons?. Big Eck has followed Roy Hodgson in not wanting him, I think we need to stay clear. Pace was always a big part of Barnes games if he has lost that will all his knocks I can see why they didn't want him.

50-50.

I like him as a player, when he played at SJP and scored he was the best player on the park, technically better than anything we had to offer. He certainly had a bright future for me, but facts are facts, his injury record is horrendous and clubs are knocking him back left, right and centre.

If it was a low cost deal, pay as you play, but surely he's been trying to get that at other clubs and still can't, sounds like a write-off.

No worries about us signing him, he can't be wanting that much in wages given how much he's figured recently and there'd be no transfer fee, represents a minimal gamble IMO.

We desperately need someone creative in midfield, why not? Seems like WBA are in the driving seat for him though now.

Guest frazernufc

No worries about us signing him, he can't be wanting that much in wages given how much he's figured recently and there'd be no transfer fee, represents a minimal gamble IMO.

We desperately need someone creative in midfield, why not? Seems like WBA are in the driving seat for him though now.

These are pretty much my thoughts. Given that he's still only 21 he'd be worth signing

I would take a pay as you play gamble on him, he was once quite promising.

Some players can hit the wall though

Which appears to have happened here.