February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

Guest Howaythetoon

Pitty Ashley himself didn't read the accounts before he bought the club eh...

He did read the accounts before buying the club, he didn't do due dilligence.  The only surprise was the sponsorship money having been spent and having to pay the loan off early.  Ashley knew about £70 million of debt before buying the club.

Aye and what a fuck up that turned out to be for him.

That's a bit like saying pity the people who paid for three years season tickets didn't read the fine print. I'm getting tired of hearing this line of reasoning.

Why, did the fine print on the tickets say all this shite might happen?

Did it say it wouldn't?

It's a ludicrous comparison.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

I wonder what the excuse will be if we are relegated.

Howay Dave, you should know the answer to that. Its wor fault innit.

Keith and that fuckin flag and you know it, cost us the three points.

We were 1-0 down before the banner was unfurled.

I personally think, and I know this is way out there, that the departure of KK had a bigger bearing on that particular defeat.

I was being facetious.

He did read the accounts before buying the club, he didn't do due dilligence.  The only surprise was the sponsorship money having been spent and having to pay the loan off early.  Ashley knew about £70 million of debt before buying the club.

Be quiet Mick, people don't want to hear that.

So being a tight cunt was his plan all along?

Can you confirm Mick is wrong?

Guest SellSholaFor1M

Like the other poster, yes I saw those accounts just as he will have before he made the statement.

Paying creditors early, having to pay off debts because you didnt do any fuckin due diligence are all things known before he made those lies, now feel free to apologise on his behalf.

The fact that he didn't do due dilligence is something he's had to pay for, not us.  He's done that while keeping the club paying bills when due, in other words, he's ensured that the club is solvent.

He paying bills earlier and if he wants to make the club solvent he should transfer his loan into shares like I have.

Why all the Ashley apologists?

Guest Howaythetoon

Howay Dave, you should know the answer to that. Its wor fault innit.

Keith and that fuckin flag and you know it, cost us the three points.

We were 1-0 down before the banner was unfurled.

I personally think, and I know this is way out there, that the departure of KK had a bigger bearing on that particular defeat.

I was being facetious.

Then consider me suitably ashamed for getting wooshed.

I know, you did say they've made serious mistakes but I've never seen you say what these are. You backed them over KK, backed them over the lack of spending, backed Dennis Wise... what's left?

So if they're in the right over Keegan (not sure how that could possibly be but anyway) but take us down, you'd consider him to be doing a good job? I don't get that, I'm more concerned about Premiership safety than what happens with Keegan.

See you're doing it again.  I've not backed them over Keegan, I've just said I'll wait & see.  If by trying to point out the other side of the argument you think I'm backing them the you're being far narrow minded.

I've also not backed them over the lack of spending.  I've said I can perhaps understand it, but certainly haven't backed it as a strategy.

Further more I've not backed them over Wise either.

And particularly, where have I said that I'll be happy over going down? I'd like to see you either back that up or admit you're inventing stuff and passing it off as fact again.

You implied that the reason you've backed him is because you're waiting to see what happened with Keegan. I'm wondering when that will cease to be an excuse for his disgusting mismanagement of the club since he arrived. His mishandling of the transfer window just gone couldn't have less to do with Keegan - his cowardice and ineptitude in January has left us staring down the barrel of relegation.

I don't think you'll be happy going down because I know you're a fan. I get the feeling you'll blame everyone (Keegan, Given, the fans) before you point the finger at the man in charge though.

Be quiet Mick, people don't want to hear that.

So being a tight cunt was his plan all along?

Can you confirm Mick is wrong?

No.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me it would be the lack of investment come January but also the inital protest which lead the club to be put up for sale.

:idiot2:

If you're using that kind of logic, i.e. every action has a reaction, then surely Mike Ashley buying the club would be to blame. He started the chain of reactions with that action after all.

Guest SellSholaFor1M

You are wrong.

Have you got a link to an article with quotes?  I'm not bothered if you haven't but I have either forgotten about it or didn't see it.

Funny you should ask, I had scanned the article at the time to post on a forum and I deleted only this morning!

I'll see if its still on there somewhere and post it.

That's a bit like saying pity the people who paid for three years season tickets didn't read the fine print. I'm getting tired of hearing this line of reasoning.

Why, did the fine print on the tickets say all this shite might happen?

Weirdly I think there is, or there used to be, a disclaimer on all season tickets that basically states

even if we're shit, you paid your money, you're not getting it back, or like buying shares Past performance is no indicator of future success

There was a court case, can't remember who it involved might have been Forest, where a season ticket holder sued the club for the price of his season ticket because they were playing so poorly.

Thats not my issue, my issue is him lying to us, then treating us with contempt.

It makes me very suspicious of his real reasons for buying the club and the asset stripping, lack of investment, zero communication and f*** all ambition lead me to the conclusion they're not good reasons.

For that reason Im out until he is.

The only thing I can see on your list is a lack of communication, the others just aren't true although lack of ambition is a possibility.

So you never saw the article he did, where he was willing to put £20m of his own money in for transfer on top of what we self generated amongst other lies?

I guess you see what you want to see.

Have you seen last years accounts? Where he put in at least £20m of his own money to keep the club going.

I guess you see what you want to see

Ive seen that Years accounts yes, just as had he when he made the statement to which Im referring to.

The accounts which were filed a few weks ago?

And the Year end was???

Last summer.

When were the quotes made? The only time I remember anything of this sort was the statement when the club was put oup for sale officially

'I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more'

'That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent'

'I would make it a going concern. I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back.'

Where's the mention of transfers?

Last Summer exactly, therein lies the answers.

Mike Ashley did a six or eight page spread on our club, his lies, sorry vision, and all that shit, before he yarked his rattle out the pram.

Its where he spoke about KK given autonomy on signings, the Modric deal, all that crap.

In the same statement he also said

'I am prepared to back large signings for millions of pounds but for a player who is young and has their career in front of them and not for established players at the other end of their careers. '

The timing of the accounts is irrelevant really, he knew the score before the end of last season, he could see that the club could not continue to pay the wages of the Smiths, Duffs, Vidukas, Geremis etc of this world. The wage to turnover ratio proves this, we as fans have known it for years. Look back over the past 5 years and there's always complaints on the type of aging player we have bought on high wages.

Paying high wages on the likes of Shearer, Martins, Given is fine, they provide a return on their cost - On face value Ashley has been prepared to follow this but would refuse to pay for the deadwood - I think he got his fingers burnt with Allardyce and didn't realise the true cost/return he would get on Smith and Geremi.

Maybe the plan had been Keegan looks after the first team signings, Wise etc the young uns. Then maybe KK wanted to bring in the likes of Beckham, Henry, Dunne and thats when things changed. Maybe it wasn't. We don't and will never know

So being a tight c*** was his plan all along?

If every other owner of this club had taken nothing out and thrown in £30 million a year we would be the third richest club in the league.

Like the other poster, yes I saw those accounts just as he will have before he made the statement.

Paying creditors early, having to pay off debts because you didnt do any fuckin due diligence are all things known before he made those lies, now feel free to apologise on his behalf.

The fact that he didn't do due dilligence is something he's had to pay for, not us.  He's done that while keeping the club paying bills when due, in other words, he's ensured that the club is solvent.

He paying bills earlier and if he wants to make the club solvent he should transfer his loan into shares like I have.

Why all the Ashley apologists?

And who is going to buy the shares?

If it was that easy the club would have been sold between September and now

Ive seen that Years accounts yes, just as had he when he made the statement to which Im referring to.

I might be wrong but I'm sure he said that he would put the money in, I can't remember him saying that it was specifically for transfers.

You are wrong.

No, you are wrong.

So being a tight c*** was his plan all along?

If every other owner of this club had taken nothing out and thrown in £30 million a year we would be the third richest club in the league.

So what? Two wrongs don't make a right.

I wish therefore that he has put a snooker ball in Kinenars mouth and stopped him talking about the January transfer window and come out and said "Look. We are skint. The accounts are being published and you will see. I will come out and talk about them publicly. Transfer activity in January is going to be minimal". But he didnt. Day after day he allowed  :kinnear: just just keep rambling on.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me it would be the lack of investment come January but also the inital protest which lead the club to be put up for sale.

If you're using that kind of logic, i.e. every action has a reaction, then surely Mike Ashley buying the club would be to blame. He started the chain of reactions with that action after all.

Scratch that, Ashley's mother and father are to blame for conceiving the bastard in the first place. If only they got themselves a dog instead...

Scratch that, Ashley's mother and father are to blame for conceiving the bastard in the first place. If only they got themselves a dog instead...

:kinnear:

Someone had to

I know, you did say they've made serious mistakes but I've never seen you say what these are. You backed them over KK, backed them over the lack of spending, backed Dennis Wise... what's left?

So if they're in the right over Keegan (not sure how that could possibly be but anyway) but take us down, you'd consider him to be doing a good job? I don't get that, I'm more concerned about Premiership safety than what happens with Keegan.

See you're doing it again.  I've not backed them over Keegan, I've just said I'll wait & see.  If by trying to point out the other side of the argument you think I'm backing them the you're being far narrow minded.

I've also not backed them over the lack of spending.  I've said I can perhaps understand it, but certainly haven't backed it as a strategy.

Further more I've not backed them over Wise either.

And particularly, where have I said that I'll be happy over going down? I'd like to see you either back that up or admit you're inventing stuff and passing it off as fact again.

You implied that the reason you've backed him is because you're waiting to see what happened with Keegan. I'm wondering when that will cease to be an excuse for his disgusting mismanagement of the club since he arrived. His mishandling of the transfer window just gone couldn't have less to do with Keegan - his cowardice and ineptitude in January has left us staring down the barrel of relegation.

I don't think you'll be happy going down because I know you're a fan. I get the feeling you'll blame everyone (Keegan, Given, the fans) before you point the finger at the man in charge though.

Again you're saying I've backed him when I haven't.  You're continuing with that.

I'm now saying (for the third time in an hour) that Ashley has made some major fuck ups, I'll happily include the transfer window in that.  I've already posted on here saying I'm disappointed in the business we've done this month.  If you haven't read that then fair enough, but that doesn't mean I haven't said it.

I'm also saying, again not for the first time, that I'm waiting on the result of the Keegan debacle before pointing the finger of blame for that particular issue.  I've also said that if it's proven to be Ashley's fault I'll happily hammer him for it.

I don't know what more to say as you mustn't be reading what I'm saying. :dontknow:

Guest SellSholaFor1M

I might be wrong but I'm sure he said that he would put the money in, I can't remember him saying that it was specifically for transfers.

You are wrong.

No, you are wrong.

Well there's an article that says otherwise, in an NUFC publication, with Mike Ashley's words.

But saying that, NUFC are denying their own publications with regards to KK's constructive dismissal claim arent they.

If you're using that kind of logic, i.e. every action has a reaction, then surely Mike Ashley buying the club would be to blame. He started the chain of reactions with that action after all.I know people will laugh at this stament but its my honest opinion, I'd love to hear which of you think Kinnear was Ashley's first choice manager.

Why did you cut the rest of my post??

EDIT: added it so you dont miss it a second time round. The key question here is "why?". Try it.