February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

For some, Ashley, Derek Llambias and Dennis Wise are symbols of a club which is self-destructing; reason enough to protest, demand their removal and call for change. And yet Ashley has already tried and failed to sell the club and that presents a dilemma. There are those who argue that attempting dialogue is the only sensible way forward. Finding consensus here is probably NUSC?s greatest challenge.

Truth.

6. Lights, camera, action. So what happens next? For one thing, visibility is required. The NUSC intends to remind people that it exists, that they have a collective voice. They will step up their media campaign. If invited, they will take their message into local communities, dispatching representatives to pubs and clubs to canvas support, raise awareness and ask for guidance.

So what message will that be?

Just out of interest how when you click on there website to join it blithers on about paypal ,surely they want support and membership but this will put people off joining .I signed up but  when i receive a reply i will check to see what i get for my money maybe a lucky bag , some stickers or wrap around hat thingy.

www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk

I was there last night and came away a little disappointed that nothing was agreed other than t-shirts and a rally. The feeling in the room was one of frustration and the best thing to come from it was that the press are on our side completely. Without an agenda the meeting just went the way of those who wanted to express their anti - Ashley/  Lambias/ Wise opinions more than anything else.

Still, I do hope the NUSC grow to such a size that the voice can't be ignored by the Club. I believe that these forums (and others) can play a big part in getting the message to the support and motivating troops / getting decisions made (perhaps via polls).

I joined the group last night too.

Cheers. Unfortunately like I said earlier the only way out of this is a new owner rich enough to sink a boatload of cash into the club. A supporters group can't provide a solution but if they can lose the anti-Ashley focus, they can definitely start requesting better communication if nothing else.

I was there last night and came away a little disappointed that nothing was agreed other than t-shirts and a rally. The feeling in the room was one of frustration and the best thing to come from it was that the press are on our side completely. Without an agenda the meeting just went the way of those who wanted to express their anti - Ashley/  Lambias/ Wise opinions more than anything else.

Still, I do hope the NUSC grow to such a size that the voice can't be ignored by the Club. I believe that these forums (and others) can play a big part in getting the message to the support and motivating troops / getting decisions made (perhaps via polls).

Cheers. Unfortunately like I said earlier the only way out of this is a new owner rich enough to sink a boatload of cash into the club. A supporters group can't provide a solution but if they can lose the anti-Ashley focus, they can definitely start requesting better communication if nothing else.

Like I said in another thread it doesn't even need a new owner, it's needs an effort by everyone to enourage a new local partner to join Ashley. It's what he wanted to provide the funds for transfers while he sorts the horrible debt. He was searching for one before the last set of protests which kinda put off anyone wanting to join him on the board.

Like I said in another thread it doesn't even need a new owner, it's needs an effort by everyone to enourage a new local partner to join Ashley. It's what he wanted to provide the funds for transfers while he sorts the horrible debt. He was searching for one before the last set of protests which kinda put off anyone wanting to join him on the board.

Good point, I suppose the issue for any partner local or otherwise would be whether they would be prepared to be minority shareholders.

Don't remember the interview but I'm almost certain he said someone could come in and match his holding in the club if they wanted.

Yup, actually publicly admitted the need for futher (local if possible) investment. He said he didn't want out, but would happily share the club with someone willing to put in further funds to get the better players in.

It was either a desperate plea or a rally cry to local businessmen. Either way noone answered the call, and then of course the Keegan thing happened (which may well have been triggered by this lack of extra funding for the transfers coming in).

If you think having a manager working with a director of football is difficult, try having two different owners!

Well Ashley thought it could work, maybe along the lines of QPR or something. Considering the likelyhood that outside of a fairytale Sheikh or Oligarch, the only people likely to have the funds to run the club would be your random consortium of Nigererian/Asian/American businessmen or a shadowy hedge fund anyway, it might not have been the worst option. And as I say, I think Ashley was probably desparate for some outside investment just to keep the likes of Keegan and Shay etc on board.

If you think having a manager working with a director of football is difficult, try having two different owners!

Doesn't matter how many owners/major contributors you have (eg Sunderland) its who you get to run it as chairman that counts.

Lambias has been a disaster from start to finish.

Guest toonlass

Doesn't matter how many owners/major contributors you have (eg Sunderland) its who you get to run it as chairman that counts.

BRING BACK MORTY!!!

I agree Llambias has been shit, but just look at the trouble Liverpool have had with their two owners.

I agree Llambias has been s***, but just look at the trouble Liverpool have had with their two owners.

I think they're joint owners, and have a deep hatred for each other (not sure if they brought this with them when buying Liverpool or not though) and that has been at the root of all their problems.

At the end of the day, you should always have one person at the top of a managerial tree, if not an individual owner as chairman then one appointed if the owner/owners/major shareholders are not hands-on, and trusted to run the company.

Slight side note: We've got one owner and a chairman - even if he trusts Lambias to the hilt, he must realise that for the sake of his company he should be paid off, a sacrifice to go some way to appeasing us the fans. It wouldn't be the end of all this crap, but it would at least be a positive start.

So this rally, then. Anyone know what it's about, what the point to be made is?

I tried looking at NUSC's website, but as far as I can see there's nothing about it and the only mentions of it are on .com and our front page, somewhat ironic considering their slating of the club's lack of communication.

Anyway, is the rally going to be an anti-Ashley thing, something to show support for the club, a protest at the stewarding, or is everyone going to go and shout about whatever their own individual gripe is?

Guest toonlass

I tried looking at NUSC's website, but as far as I can see there's nothing about it and the only mentions of it are on .com and our front page, somewhat ironic considering their slating of the club's lack of communication.

Anyway, is the rally going to be an anti-Ashley thing, something to show support for the club, a protest at the stewarding, or is everyone going to go and shout about whatever their own individual gripe is?

T'was what I was wondering. What are they hoping to gain from this rally? They can't really ask people to turn up to protest if we don't know what the protest is about. I am not going to bother going if it is an "Ashley OUT" rally, cos there is no-one there who wants to buy the club at a price that Ashley is willing to buy at, so what is the point of that? Something was metioned about t-shirts too in the Chronicle. But nowt has been said. Anyone from NUSC fancy coming on here and letting people know what is happening, cos from listening to the meeting and looking at the media its hard to tell what the heck is going on.

I was at the meeting last week and even i'm not 100% what the rally is about,  i think from what was said its not an Anti Ashley protest march as such, more a plea to be heard and to be spoken too.  That was the impression i got but may well be wrong.

Guest toonlass

Im 4 minutes into this and all i can say is  :lol:

brilliant stuff this, the third maybe fourth guy made it all worth it

The bloke in the 19th-20th minute said exactly what I feel tbh

I was at the meeting last week and even i'm not 100% what the rally is about,  i think from what was said its not an Anti Ashley protest march as such, more a plea to be heard and to be spoken too.  That was the impression i got but may well be wrong.

:lol:

It's all going to kick off, it'll end up in a fucking riot.

:lol:

It's all going to kick off, it'll end up in a fucking T shirt..

FYP.

Well that was an hour and nineteen minutes well spent.  :nope:

My opinion of NUSC has gone even further down, I didn't think that was possible. I had hoped that something worthwhile would come out of this and NUSC would eventually become a supporters' club worthy of the name, I now realise that's never going to happen and just hope it dies a death before it can do any (more) serious damage to the club. Having listened to the meeting and heard just how stupid the "leaders" of NUSC are, I'm reassured that that's pretty likely.

How long are people going to sit back and accept the mismanagement of our supporters' club!?! How long are we going to let them pocket our money!?! What exactly is NUSC's net spend!?! Boycoutt all NUSC merchandise!!! Don't buy pies, pints or especially T-Shirts!!! Seaton Delaval Mafia Out!!

Well that was an hour and nineteen minutes well spent.   :nope:

My opinion of NUSC has gone even further down, I didn't think that was possible. I had hoped that something worthwhile would come out of this and NUSC would eventually become a supporters' club worthy of the name, I now realise that's never going to happen and just hope it dies a death before it can do any (more) serious damage to the club. Having listened to the meeting and heard just how stupid the "leaders" of NUSC are, I'm reassured that that's pretty likely.

How long are people going to sit back and accept the mismanagement of our supporters' club!?! How long are we going to let them pocket our money!?! What exactly is NUSC's net spend!?! Boycoutt all NUSC merchandise!!! Don't buy pies, pints or especially T-Shirts!!! Seaton Delaval Mafia Out!!

One person who claimed that he was a committee member came across very well but he didn't give his name so I have no idea who he was. 

Well that was an hour and nineteen minutes well spent.   :nope:

One person who claimed that he was a committee member came across very well but he didn't give his name so I have no idea who he was. 

Towards the end, sounded like an older bloke (not old old, just a bit older than the rest of the people who spoke), said something about accepting that Ashley was here for a while and trying to help him find a buyer, or something like that?

If so, didn't agree with everything he said, but at least he made some logical sense.