February 4th - New Open NUSC Meeting - Download link (most of it) in OP

Tom_NUFC

A hypothetical - and its only as hypothetical as Ashley selling and things being rosey again....

We see out the season and stay up. Kinnear is thanked and set on his way.

A North Eastern Business man/consortia buy 40-49% of the club, leaving Ashley as the main shareholder/owner and offer to match Ashley for annual investment 1 for 1 for a period of 2 years (say a total of £30m a year.

Ashley publically apologises for his MISTAKES and lays down a new route forward, continuing on seeking for value for money younger players rather than 28 yr old superstars on £80k a week. A progressive young manager is brought in and is allowed input to the team put around him in terms of recruitment.

Would the NUSC members/General Ashley out people give Ashley this chance to start again?

Guest Howaythetoon

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this f***ing forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

What are they actually doing to the club? Wheres the long term plan in all this? Supposing they get there way and Ashley leaves - then what? I havent heard them mention once what happens after that.

That's not their business to basically go and find good people to run the club, it is however all of our business that the current owner does a good job but he's not doing that, hence the opposition to his ownership. It isn't rocket science to understand why this opposition, why this anger. There doesn't have to be an end solution, although I'm in no doubt that the end solution to the fans' club is to represent fans on other issues, proper fan issues, like ticket prices, travel, stewardships, policing, support etc. etc.

f***ing hell, so the plan is get rid of Ashley and hope for the best??

Oh do f*** off will you.

You are without doubt the most boring person on here with your inane 'questions'.

Like a dick though I'll try and answer your ridiculous question, or rather offer some thoughts on the issue.

For me a very public and vocal display from fans that we will no longer put up with mismanagement and that we'll always hold those responsible for managing the club accountable in such a way will go a long way in ensuring whoever does manage the club whether it be Ashley or someone else, will do so in good fashion.

:lol:

You're calling them "inane" becasue you dont like the implicationsof the answer.

As for the answer - its a s*** one, its bascially a dressed up version of "We'll get rid of Ashley and hope for the best" mind you, to be fair to you you have included "hope Ashley changes his ways". Well done.

http://www.chevroncars.com/learn/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/tired-yawn.jpg

By the way I agree with the bloke who said NUSC need to de personalise this, make it about the mismanagement of the club from owner to manager and promote the message that this mismanagement isn't acceptable and never will be, that way you also send out a signal to other would be interested future owners  of NUFC. It isn't about names or personalities but mismanagement and those responsible for it.

All it comes down to for me is supporting the club. That's all we can do. If we got Ashley out, who's to say someone better would come in? I respect fans talking passionately about the club, but at the end of the day we're just fans. My honest opinion is that the best thing to do is to support the club as best we can and hope for the best. I'm well aware that many will disagree with me, but I can't see any other way.

Then he'll just take the piss even more though. How long do you go on supporting him and making him think we're happy with what he's doing (i.e. taking us down)?

It wouldn't be supporting him though. I also think he knows we're not happy about us heading downwards. I don't realistically think anything we can do that is anti-Ashley will help the club, and whilst I'm aware it's a bit of a romanticised idea I stand by what I posted above.

By the way I agree with the bloke who said NUSC need to de personalise this, make it about the mismanagement of the club from owner to manager and promote the message that this mismanagement isn't acceptable and never will be, that way you also send out a signal to other would be interested future owners  of NUFC. It isn't about names or personalities but mismanagement and those responsible for it.

All it comes down to for me is supporting the club. That's all we can do. If we got Ashley out, who's to say someone better would come in? I respect fans talking passionately about the club, but at the end of the day we're just fans. My honest opinion is that the best thing to do is to support the club as best we can and hope for the best. I'm well aware that many will disagree with me, but I can't see any other way.

Then he'll just take the piss even more though. How long do you go on supporting him and making him think we're happy with what he's doing (i.e. taking us down)?

I don't think he's mentioned supporting him.

Same thing unless we make clear our displeasure (not including you in that 'we' obviously, before you start) separately from supporting the club.

Contrary to popular belief, support does not get us points on the board.

You're calling them "inane" becasue you dont like the implicationsof the answer.

As for the answer - its a shit one, its bascially a dressed up version of "We'll get rid of Ashley and hope for the best" mind you, to be fair to you you have included "hope Ashley changes his ways". Well done.

Are there any worse owners in the league?

There is more intelligence, passion and will being put out over that stream than there is by many on this f***ing forum. I'm enjoying the discussions me and grateful fans are doing something about the state of the club, if only at this stage talking and having their say. Good on them and good luck to them. These are proper fans who care deeply about the club, unlike some of the twats on here.

What are they actually doing to the club? Wheres the long term plan in all this? Supposing they get there way and Ashley leaves - then what? I havent heard them mention once what happens after that.

That's not their business to basically go and find good people to run the club, it is however all of our business that the current owner does a good job but he's not doing that, hence the opposition to his ownership. It isn't rocket science to understand why this opposition, why this anger. There doesn't have to be an end solution, although I'm in no doubt that the end solution to the fans' club is to represent fans on other issues, proper fan issues, like ticket prices, travel, stewardships, policing, support etc. etc.

Oh do f*** off will you.

You are without doubt the most boring person on here with your inane 'questions'.

Like a dick though I'll try and answer your ridiculous question, or rather offer some thoughts on the issue.

For me a very public and vocal display from fans that we will no longer put up with mismanagement and that we'll always hold those responsible for managing the club accountable in such a way will go a long way in ensuring whoever does manage the club whether it be Ashley or someone else, will do so in good fashion.

As for the answer - its a s*** one, its bascially a dressed up version of "We'll get rid of Ashley and hope for the best" mind you, to be fair to you you have included "hope Ashley changes his ways". Well done.

Well said.

I agree with the sentiment about support, but that's hardly going to get the club moving in the right direction. We're shit and now amount of cheering from the touchlines is going to change that.

It wouldn't be supporting him though. I also think he knows we're not happy about us heading downwards. I don't realistically think anything we can do that is anti-Ashley will help the club, and whilst I'm aware it's a bit of a romanticised idea I stand by what I posted above.

He knows because we made it clear. However, a lot of people have mellowed, hence him coming back to the games, which I don't agree with because he is an enemy of the club.

There's nothing we can do now, you're right, other than fall down a division with a whimper because we're simply not good enough as a result of his mismanagement. No amount of support will change that.

If NUSC want the club to communicate then maybe they need to do something different to make that happen.

Does seem a bit schizophrenic.

"Hi, we're NUSC. Our main goal is driving you out of the club. Oh, by the way, could you talk to us please?"

Think it would have been good for them to try some engagement efforts before adopting the "Ashley Out" stance. Obviously Ashley was never going to talk to a group who's sole purpose seemed to be getting his head on a pike.

It's a shame that this group was only born as a reaction to the Keegan fiasco. Had a similar group existed beforehand, I think they could've done much more good.

Same thing unless we make clear our displeasure (not including you in that 'we' obviously, before you start) separately from supporting the club.

It's not like.

I think Ashley is pretty aware the supporters aren't happy.

I can support the football team and separate that from how it's being run.

Oh do f*** off will you.

Well said.

He has a point. Your argument seems to be something similar to "The grass isn't always greener..." but the fact of the matter is there's very little grass, if any, on this side anyway.

I agree with the sentiment about support, but that's hardly going to get the club moving in the right direction. We're shit and now amount of cheering from the touchlines is going to change that.

It's all about making the best of a bad situation for me. I want to support the team as much as I can, and I don't want any cunt to stop me or divide the fans. I also don't believe there's anything we can do to get the club moving in the right direction.

It's not like.

You don't though, you've made it perfectly clear that you support the Ashley regime and what he's done to the club. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand it.

He's aware because we made it clear. If we'd just said "well done Mike" and "supported" after the Keegan debacle, he wouldn't be aware. We'd still be in the same mess though.

It's not like.

Ashley is a cluelss idiot who has surrounded himself with arselickers who probably give him the same bollocks they give us, ie 'Mike loves this club' and 'the supporters are starting to love you'

It's not like.

You don't though, you've made it perfectly clear that you support the Ashley regime and what he's done to the club. Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand it.

He's aware because we made it clear. If we'd just said "well done Mike" and "supported" after the Keegan debacle, he wouldn't be aware. We'd still be in the same mess though.

If Ashley hadn't been forced to put the club up for sale publically then we wouldn't have Kinnear in charge now

Guest Howaythetoon

We need to get out of the trap of thinking that showing our displeasure at the management of our club devalues our support of the club. You can do both you know, show your displeasure at the mismanagement and still support the club and yes, even hope for the best. 

By showing displeasure in a vocal and public way you're letting the powers that be know that their mismanagement is not acceptable or will be tolerated any longer and that if they don't buck up their ideas, there will be consequences for them.

I agree we have to support the team more and keep hoping for the best, but we can do all of that and then more AND STILL let those in power know how we feel.

It may not really change anything sure, but then by the same token it can't really do any harm to anyone can it? If controlled and well intentioned of course, the protesting.

And that must be the aim of NUSC and fans who want to show their displeasure in such a way, myself included.

Hence the thread "how do we support the team and yet still protest"?

Both can be achieved without one effecting the other and people need to remember that.

It's not like.

If Ashley hadn't been forced to put the club up for sale publically then we wouldn't have Kinnear in charge now

I disagree. Cheap and happy to have Dennis Wise's hand up his arse.

It's not like.

Absolute bullshit.  I support the football club.  I can understand some of the decisions that have been taken, but as I responded to you directly the other day, he's made some serious fuck ups.

Carry on telling me what I think & talking shite though, you appear to be fucking good at it :thup:

With only 800 or so members Ashley will know what nusc is about but he'll have no current reason to give them the time of day. The media said they're true supporters with no southern bias & it's all a disgrace; no signings, no communication, Wise still there etc but they don't print this. Instead it's a circus and we think we're a big club but we're just deluded & reap what we sow.

For nusc to make any mark they need to bump up the membership and they need to set realistic goals. The press could help get the message out but it's easier for them saying things at the Irish Centre than putting it in national print.

Imo they need to forget about representation on the board and forget about getting Ashley out. The former will never happen, the latter will happen when Ashley thinks fit.

Start with a just a few targets and stay with them: try and get Ashley to regularly communicate with the fans or the media. Help find a way to get rid of the current structure in a way that saves face (even keep the structure but change the personnel). Get Ashley to sort out the manager's position. JK has to go at the end of the season, a talented manager needs to be identified and money made available. If Ashley does one thing between now and the end of the season he needs to ID his next manager and have him in place as soon as the season is over so the reassembly of the squad can take place for whatever division we find ourselves in. 

If nusc can get Ashley to start listening fantastic, if not they'll remain a protest group of no meaning.

Good luck to them & pick the right issues.

As for the answer - its a shit one, its bascially a dressed up version of "We'll get rid of Ashley and hope for the best" mind you, to be fair to you you have included "hope Ashley changes his ways". Well done.

Are there any worse owners in the league?

Its going to be an uphill task for me to try and prove that Ashley is actually a good owner, to be honest his actions this window havent been good enough at all, and im not sure he has any excuse for his failure this window, however my point is actually not centred around this point, its not a case of me thinking Ashley is fanstatic and should stay, its the fact that this organisation has effectively decided upon the future of this club and they havent provided me or anyone with any contingency plans should they succeed.

As a fan, i cant help but think what right do these 800 people think they have to take such affirmative action without thinking it through properly.

I just cant get round the idea that no one has thought of what next.

It's not like.

Absolute bullshit.  I support the football club.  I can understand some of the decisions that have been taken, but as I responded to you directly the other day, he's made some serious fuck ups.

Carry on telling me what I think & talking shite though, you appear to be fucking good at it :thup:

Howay man Liam, I've never once seen you criticise Ashley. You say he's made fuck ups but seemingly won't let anyone else say it, just call anyone who does 'thick fuckers' and fight the opposite corner. I'm obviously a thick fucker but I'd rather not watch Championship football next season, thank you very much (though I fear it's too late now).

Even that plank Baggio's fucked off after this latest shambles, when he's left you, you know it's time to come round. :razz:

Oh do f*** off will you.

Well said.

He has a point. Your argument seems to be something similar to "The grass isn't always greener..." but the fact of the matter is there's very little grass, if any, on this side anyway.

I think ive summed my point up pretty well to be honest - the groups reasoning is "get rid of Ahsley and hope for the best" Im sorry, you may be able to get behind that type of thinking but i cant.

My argument isnt actually about the merits of Ashley as an owner, its actually that the group has no contingecy is they succeed and to be honest i care far more about the club then i do about the owner and i dont like seeing its future gambled with as recklessly as they seem to be doing.

If they came out and said that realisitically in the current climate only people with the wealth to purchase the club outright will buy the club, and that the fact that the club isnt in CL means that the likliehood of the new owners saddling the club with debt is minimal, then id open up my ears and listen a little more becasue its showing me that they are thinking a little bit - so far all i can see is men with pitchforks. (They're still hoping for the best - but they've at least thought about it)

Guest Howaythetoon

I also don't believe there's anything we can do to get the club moving in the right direction.

We can though, we can pressure them to communicate more which is something the club are obviously awake to now with the impending Q&A with the Chronicle. We can also pressure the media, especially the local media, to ask questions, to report fans' feelings which again they are now awake to.

Whether that will improve results on the pitch remains to be seen, probably not so long as the quality in manager and players remains so porous. But then our support can't change that either, otherwise we'd be right up there towards the top of the table.

We can't just give in though without some form of a fight even if it comes via refusing to buy match programmes, shirts, pies etc. or unfurling a banner at the ground to a full on protest outside the stadium.

Like I said, you can continue to support the club as best as you can and to hope for the best and still show your displeasure at the mismanagement of the club if you accept that the club is being mismanaged. If not, well, that's fine by me but please and this is an open message to everyone of that mindset, don't expect those that don't share your view to sit and do nothing, much less mock them or put them down in their efforts to show their displeasure however they choose, again be it via not buying a pint and a pie at the match, protesting outside the stadium or even inside the ground. Not that I'd subscribe to that nor would support such an idea, not during a match anyway.

I wouldn't beghrude anyone who did though, its as much their club as it is mine.