Tim Krul

Syrette

Huge HUGE HUGE performance. Also when it looked like Moore was getting run down and beaten of pace, he was off his line like a shot. The anticipation of a PL vetran.

Far too frequently for a supposed competent, experienced defender.

Thank fuck for Krul. He did a Given tonight, and fed the idiots who think Bramble/Moore are good enough, by single-handedly saving the pair of fuckwits blushes.

Guest optimistic nit

shola's is a mess as well. pure geordie just sounds strange in a black man. mumbles a lot too, he should learn to vocalise more, maybe become less shy.

krul and moore do have dead strange accents though.

Krul's dream debut

by Phil H

Not a bad night in Europe for the four British clubs in Uefa Cup action on Thursday.

Four wins out of four, and a cumulative scoreline of 9-1.

But the really eye-catching display of the evening came from Newcastle's debutant keeper Tim Krul.

The 18-year-old enjoyed a dream match against Serie A's joint leaders Palermo.

An understandably nervy start (and wouldn't you be nervous with Titus Bramble in front of you?) was soon forgotten.

And by midway through the second-half, Krul was almost single-handedly keeping the Magpies in the game with a string of excellent saves.

Feet, hands, chest - most parts of Krul's body were employed in keeping out Palermo, and Glennn Roeder will be more than grateful.

It was far from a complete performance from an understrength Magpies, but you can't argue with two wins out of two.

In fact that goes for all four British sides, with Rangers, Tottenham and Blackburn also taking control of their groups with their second wins.

Blackburn were poor in the first half, but a much-improved display after the break saw off Basel.

And there was even a goal for former 'fox in the box' Franny Jeffers.

It's fair to say that Jeffers' career hasn't panned out the way he thought it might when Arsenal shelled out £10m for him back in 2001.

But the 25-year-old showed real bottle to pick the ball up and notch his first Rovers goal from the penalty spot.

Spurs went behind to Club Bruges, but always looked to have too much class for the visitors.

Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane are showing the first signs of developing a genuine partnership up front. Berbatov's acrobatic volleyed pass to Keane for the second goal certainly showed the duo are on the same wavelength.

Will that be enough for manager Martin Jol to give them a run of games together up front? Or is that wishful thinking?

Rangers could afford to spurn a penalty and still run out comfortable winners against Maccabi Haifa.

The Glasgow club shrugged off the injury to goalkeeper Lionel Letizi in the warm-up to put in one of their best displays of the season.

Now all Paul Le Guen has to do is figure out how to get them to play like that in the SPL...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A16985811?s_fromedit=1

Guest Groundhog

shola's is a mess as well. pure geordie just sounds strange in a black man. mumbles a lot too, he should learn to vocalise more, maybe become less shy.

krul and moore do have dead strange accents though.

sad fukka, very sad fukka tbh

Guest optimistic nit

Huge HUGE HUGE performance. Also when it looked like Moore was getting run down and beaten of pace, he was off his line like a shot. The anticipation of a PL vetran.

Far too frequently for a supposed competent, experienced defender.

Thank fuck for Krul. He did a Given tonight, and fed the idiots who think Bramble/Moore are good enough, by single-handedly saving the pair of fuckwits blushes.

i agree with bramble but i've been really impressed with moore this season.

His kicking is pretty suspect if you ask me, miskicked 4-5 times under pressure. Great great saves though.

I agree with this. MOTM, and an awesome debut, but I'm surprised people are biging up his kicking, which seemed to be his major weakness. Banged it out to Palermo players along the ground a couple of times. On the other hand, what a man.

Guest Armchair Pundit

His kicking is pretty suspect if you ask me, miskicked 4-5 times under pressure. Great great saves though.

I thought the young lad was fantastic last night, if took over Shay's gloves eventualy I'd be happy. On the point of his dodgy kicking though I seem to recall one of Shay's faults when we first got him was kicking under pressure and if he turns out as good we'll be on to a good thing!  :thup:

His long kicking that he only had Luque to aim for and I think it looked like he was told, long kicks hit  Luque and he did a few ti8mes, but Luque was never going to be able to hold it up.

My mate sent me this last night, think he was canny chuffed with it  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Sing for Krul...

The saves, the takes

Your Tim Krul and your no fake

The saves, the takes

You're, unbelievable!!

Guest smoggeordie

His long kicking that he only had Luque to aim for and I think it looked like he was told, long kicks hit  Luque and he did a few ti8mes, but Luque was never going to be able to hold it up.

My mate sent me this last night, think he was canny chuffed with it  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Sing for Krul...

The saves, the takes

The saves, the takes

You're, unbelievable!!

Better than what the mongs sing at the reserves:

He's Dutch

He's tall

He likes to play in gorrrrrrrrrrrl

TIM KRUL

Sing for Krul...

The saves, the takes

The saves, the takes

You're, unbelievable!!

Better than what the mongs sing at the reserves:

He's Dutch

He's tall

He likes to play in gorrrrrrrrrrrl

TIM KRUL

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The Dutch Geordie  bluebiggrin.gif

I woulda made it

The saves, you make

You're Tim Krul and you're no fake

The saves, you make

You're, unbelievable!!

Guest Magnetic North

Tim, you lanky streak of...

...pure gold!

I'm delighted for the lad. Now it will be an interesting test to see whether he can cope with everyone in the city recognising him.

No more catching the bus methinks....

NSG has secret interviews with him already ;)