Shepherd Has His Say (Again)

Tooj

Avoidance again! Are you a tory MP in disguise? Simple question. Answer it with one word yes or no.

Do you accept that the reason that we are in the state we are in financially is partially Freddy Shepherd's fault?

what have you got against Tories ? Do Labour, Liberal, BNP, UKIP mp's, or even Mike Ashley, always answer straight questions ?

I've told you, the Halls and Shepherd did a great job, they left the club unrecognisable and a million miles superior to how they found it, I wouldn't call that "blame", I would call it a great credit.

Sir you are a baboon then. If you believe perilously close to bankruptcy through bad management and mortgaging the club beyond belief with a bank which needed to be bailed out by the government itself was a fantastic thing then you are just mad. I cannot disagree that the football was great, but had Shepherd remained in charge we would have been bankrupted. Your head in the sand attitude and deluded belief that Freddy Shepherd was not a bad apple who was stinking out the barrel at Newcastle is astonishing. Sir John Hall had a vision for this club, which his son and Freddy Shepherd distorted and abused to make their own financial gains. While we are certainly miles away from where we were prior to Sir John Hall's intervention, it is laughable that you continue to stand up for Freddy Shepherd, a man who most others lost any respect they had for him when he was caught out by the NOTW with his contempt for his peers and his customers.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Did you see many protestors standing up for their principles a few months after that "contempt for his peers and customers" when FA Cup Final tickets were being dished out, for the first time in 24 years, I may add.

When do you think the automatically better board will reach another Cup Final or even qualify for the UEFA Cup ?

Under Mike Ashley I don't think we will. But you keep on telling yourself that Freddy was a top bloke, and wasn't bothered first and foremost with lining his pockets from the money he could make from Newcastle United. I think Freddy Shepherd has a nerve telling anyone how to run Newcastle United as a successful business.

you find a post where I have said he was a "top bloke".

Apology accepted.

None given.

So will you now please answer my question. Is Freddy Shepherd (at least partially) responsible for Newcastle's financial state? Why can you not answer this yes or no? Why can't you stop waffling on about other things?

What are you talking about ? The saleable value of the club increased from 1.25m to anywhere between 100m and 200m quid while they ran it ?

Maybe you should go back to the financial statement thread and re-read it if you cannot understand what I am asking you about.

Of course there is some mitigation with regard to FS, but we aren't unique regarding debt and high wages...There is a middle ground in this debate.

most people are in the middle ground....did fred leave us in the shite ?....yes

has ashley done enough to get us out ?... no.

so when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club, you are saying they were in a great position then ?

Guest toonlass

Avoidance again! Are you a tory MP in disguise? Simple question. Answer it with one word yes or no.

Do you accept that the reason that we are in the state we are in financially is partially Freddy Shepherd's fault?

what have you got against Tories ? Do Labour, Liberal, BNP, UKIP mp's, or even Mike Ashley, always answer straight questions ?

I've told you, the Halls and Shepherd did a great job, they left the club unrecognisable and a million miles superior to how they found it, I wouldn't call that "blame", I would call it a great credit.

Sir you are a baboon then. If you believe perilously close to bankruptcy through bad management and mortgaging the club beyond belief with a bank which needed to be bailed out by the government itself was a fantastic thing then you are just mad. I cannot disagree that the football was great, but had Shepherd remained in charge we would have been bankrupted. Your head in the sand attitude and deluded belief that Freddy Shepherd was not a bad apple who was stinking out the barrel at Newcastle is astonishing. Sir John Hall had a vision for this club, which his son and Freddy Shepherd distorted and abused to make their own financial gains. While we are certainly miles away from where we were prior to Sir John Hall's intervention, it is laughable that you continue to stand up for Freddy Shepherd, a man who most others lost any respect they had for him when he was caught out by the NOTW with his contempt for his peers and his customers.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Did you see many protestors standing up for their principles a few months after that "contempt for his peers and customers" when FA Cup Final tickets were being dished out, for the first time in 24 years, I may add.

When do you think the automatically better board will reach another Cup Final or even qualify for the UEFA Cup ?

Under Mike Ashley I don't think we will. But you keep on telling yourself that Freddy was a top bloke, and wasn't bothered first and foremost with lining his pockets from the money he could make from Newcastle United. I think Freddy Shepherd has a nerve telling anyone how to run Newcastle United as a successful business.

Apology accepted.

None given.

So will you now please answer my question. Is Freddy Shepherd (at least partially) responsible for Newcastle's financial state? Why can you not answer this yes or no? Why can't you stop waffling on about other things?

What are you talking about ? The saleable value of the club increased from 1.25m to anywhere between 100m and 200m quid while they ran it ?

Maybe you should go back to the financial statement thread and re-read it if you cannot understand what I am asking you about.

I think you should look at the league positions I posted and the history of the club if you don't understand exactly how much better off the club became while the Halls and shepherd ran it.

Thank you I know exactly what happened with the club when Sir John Hall came in. I can remember what it was like before he came in. And I know what happened when Sir John Hall and Freddy Shepherd were here in regards of football. I also know that Fred Shepherd mortgaged the club to the hilt and he was lucky not to financially ruin the club. I know that Mike Ashley was not the only person to look at the books with a view of taking over the club, but the mess Freddy Shepherd had made with the finances put everyone else off. I don't need a history lesson, but you need a reality check!

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

I think you should look at the league positions I posted and the history of the club if you don't understand exactly how much better off the club became while the Halls and shepherd ran it.

Thank you I know exactly what happened with the club when Sir John Hall came in. I can remember what it was like before he came in. And I know what happened when Sir John Hall and Freddy Shepherd were here in regards of football. I also know that Fred Shepherd mortgaged the club to the hilt and he was lucky not to financially ruin the club. I know that Mike Ashley was not the only person to look at the books with a view of taking over the club, but the mess Freddy Shepherd had made with the finances put everyone else off. I don't need a history lesson, but you need a reality check!

So, it's a mystery to you that the top 4 have massive debt??

It's actually getting hilarious how everyone's trying to make NE5 admit that he's talking nonsense.

It's not happening. Ever. Give up. :lol:

oh dear, I remember people saying that people like me were talking nonsense when we said Ashley was turning the club into a 2nd rate selling club again, and heading for relegation through selling players and looking for cheap replacements.

When exactly do you think we will match the european qualifications that we have seen for the last 15 years, under Ashleys strategy ?

stretch the question further and ask if fred would have matched the european qualifications we've seen for the last 15years ?

would he have just spent the banks money to try and emulate it ?

Lets go back to the appointment of Allardyce, and the point made by HTT, when he said that it was thought to be a good appointment at the time of someone waiting for a big job, coupled with the fact that his track record suggested he could build a pretty good side with little money. Whether he could make the top 4 is arguable, and we won't now know, but it suggested that the Halls and Shepherd were aware of this need, in the short term.

I'm pretty sure that their ultimate ambitions would have remained as high as they always were, which are much higher than Ashleys, and I'm also pretty sure that at the current moment in time, they wouldn't be sitting back and watching the team heading for relegation and try to reverse it.

Mind, the amount of u-turns by people who urged them to keep spending, and backed Souness in his spending spree, but now say how wrong it was, is quite amazing.

i'd reckon ashleys ambition was to do aswell as possible without running up massive debt.........your way sees everton of having a lack of ambition, a lack that sees them regularly finish well clear off ambitious freds outfit.

Everton are just the team doing the best for the moment of a whole load of clubs that don't have the big ambition that they should.

Thats all, nothing more and nothing less. If you are saying you would swap their last decade for ours, then I wouldn't agree, and if you are saying what they have done in the past decade is good enough for you, then thats up to you.   It;s this mistaken idea that you and others have that everybody else has done things better than us, and the grass is always greener. despite results to the contrary which is pretty daft like.

You thought the grass was greener when the Halls and Shepherd ran the club and now they have gone, we are sinking like a stone.

Has Shay Given gone yet ? All we need is Ashleys mouthpiece to come out again and say its "good business", and I'm sure a lot of gullible people will swallow it whole.

i'd swap their last 5 years for ours.

as for sinking like a stone i'll claim you are LYING if you think  it's only since fred left.

I'm not talking about the last 5 years, I'm talking about the entire tenure of the chairman you are slating, not part of it.

Do you still think having an owner who runs the club down is no different to having an owner(s) who have ambition and have shown it ?

Amazing.

and you know i wouldn't slag off the entire tenure in the same way forest fans wouldn't slag off cloughs entire tenure....but everyone i know says he should have gone before he did as he was damaging the club and wasn't going to improve it,same with fred. you know this and we've been here before.

the next bit.........where did i say it was no different. but i'll GIVE YOU A STRAIGHT ANSWER ANYWAY.......i don't think ashley is running the club down,he's changing the ethos as the ambitious plan as followed by fred was eventually leading to bankruptcy

so then...would you rack up debt year after year chasing the dream with no plan for if it fails ?

I don't think he is doing anything other than taking the piss, asset stripping the club, and running it down. Do we need to be relegated to ram this point home ?

So to that degree, he needs to find some money from somewhere to avoid the drop, which I'm sure the Halls and Shepherd would have done, and I'm sorry to have to tell you that i wouldn't have "blamed" them for it at all.

So what assets has he stripped, then? :lol:

Its a phrase that was used a few times when you said - about that hedge fund, that there was "nothing to be feared from a change at the top".

So how many appointments did you agree would succeed ozzie, was it 3 out of 6, 4 out of 6, or 5 out of 6 ?

So you admit you were talking bollocks when you spoke of "asset-stripping". Thanks.

So you admit you were talking bollocks - and lying - when you said you only agreed with 1 out of the 6 appointments  bluelaugh.gif

Do you still think the change of owner has left us in a better position than the shite board who qualified for europe more than every club bar 4 ?

"nothing to fear from a change at the top"  mackems.gif

No, you'd have to be a complete fucking loon to understand that from my question about asset-stripping.

so do you admit you've been talking bollocks for about the last 4 years ?

:lol:

Man, you've talked more bollocks just on this thread than most people manage in an entire lifetime.

The only question is how much of it is deliberate, and how much is because you're as thick as a whale omlette.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

man utd's is dropping dramatically, chelsea are fucked should abramovic walk away,arsenal have had to redefine their plans and liverpool are trying to sell up.

Guest toonlass

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Not at all, but they are qualifying for Europe year after year. We were in decline. There is a difference.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

man utd's is dropping dramatically, chelsea are fucked should abramovic walk away,arsenal have had to redefine their plans and liverpool are trying to sell up.

So you admit it takes massive expenditure and debt risk to gain a chance at success?

Like shelling peas.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

man utd's is dropping dramatically, chelsea are f***ed should abramovic walk away,arsenal have had to redefine their plans and liverpool are trying to sell up.

So you admit it takes massive expenditure and debt risk to gain a chance at success?

Like shelling peas.

man utd's and liverpools debt is from the purchase of the club.....do you think liverpool would spend as they had if they were outside the champs league for a couple of years and making year on year operating losses ?

you're better with UFO's

oh and liverpool up for sale and scolari told he has to sell to buy at chelsea.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

And when massive expenditure and debt buys only a steady decline until there's nothing left to borrow against?

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

man utd's is dropping dramatically, chelsea are f***ed should abramovic walk away,arsenal have had to redefine their plans and liverpool are trying to sell up.

Like shelling peas.

man utd's and liverpools debt is from the purchase of the club.....do you think liverpool would spend as they had if they were outside the champs league for a couple of years and making tear on year operating losses ?

you're better withn UFO's

What do you do for a living? Neverland?

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Like shelling peas.

man utd's and liverpools debt is from the purchase of the club.....do you think liverpool would spend as they had if they were outside the champs league for a couple of years and making tear on year operating losses ?

you're better withn UFO's

What do you do for a living? Neverland?

is "neverland" a job ?

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

And when massive expenditure and debt buys only a steady decline until there's nothing left to borrow against?

Not as simple as that is it. People come into these threads (not you) saying FS is a cunt, KK is a cunt, Wise is a cunt etc...it's more complex than that (as you know). Sometimes little things go against you (Luque's career threateing inj or Boumsong being half decent) and history can be re-written.

The days when you could build a club with youth and cheap buys are long gone. You either compete and spend or you do what MA is doing...Shitting his large pants. The muppet.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Not as simple as that is it. People come into these threads (not you) saying FS is a c***, KK is a c***, Wise is a c*** etc...it's more complex than that (as you know). Sometimes little things go against you (Luque's career threateing inj or Boumsong being half decent) and history can be re-written.

The days when you could build a club with youth and cheap buys are long gone. You either compete and spend or you do what MA is doing...Shitting his large pants. The muppet.

wrong...what we have been saying is this IS the aftermath of compete or spend and a few clubs seem to be caught up in it.

the days of doing what we have been are gone,not just for us.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

I think you do need a history lesson.

Shepherd never owned the club. Never. At any time. The Halls and Shepherd found the club in a postition where they couldn't raise 1.25m quid from a share issue, and left it worth between 100m and 200m quid.

As parky has explained, according to you and other hysterical people's train of logic, half the premiership is about to go into administration (not liquidation).

We were 16 games from administration and possible liquidation when the Halls and Shepherd saved the club, with nobody in the city giving a toss about it, apart from barely a third of the current fanbase.

The fact that you have mentioned this utter crap from the NOTW is indicative of how desperate you are to beat them with any stick you can think of, rather than apply the knowledge and experience of the club you say you have, which will tell you that such "embarrassment" is absolutely nothing in comparison to watching a run down, joke of a club selling its best players including local lads who were the fabric of the club that all wanted to leave because it had no future. I bet when the NOTW prints other stories that you don't want to believe, it becomes a "rag" again. Apart from when Mike Ashleys mate defends him that is.

I'm not going to carry on pointing out how I see this. So far as I'm concerned, between 1992 and 2007 was the best years by far I've spent watching this club and in spite of some mistakes, which everybody makes, all I want now is for someone to come in and repeat it, or preferably better it.

Rather than attach "blame" for running a club which made such huge improvements, qualified for europe more than any club bar 4, gave me top quality international footballers, 52000 crowds, a team which for most years made me the envy of many supporters from all over the country who I meet via work over those years, and a couple of FA Cup Finals for the first time in over 2 decades, it is something that for years previous to 1992 i would have almost killed for and the sort of thing pretty much everybody who supported the club during those times, all 20000 of us, could only dream of.

And you say "blame" ? Get a life.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Not as simple as that is it. People come into these threads (not you) saying FS is a c***, KK is a c***, Wise is a c*** etc...it's more complex than that (as you know). Sometimes little things go against you (Luque's career threateing inj or Boumsong being half decent) and history can be re-written.

wrong...what we have been saying is this IS the aftermath of compete or spend and a few clubs seem to be caught up in it.

Ashley just needed to put 100m down (for players), drop a couple of tabs and gone down the disco at the end of the day and log a gargantuan bar bill. He could have done it but he has no balls.....Hiring JK ffs!! Pitiful!!

Delegating running of the club to football people might have been an idea, fucked up there as well.

How the fuck did he make his money??!

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Ashley just needed to put 100m down (for players), drop a couple of tabs and gone down the disco at the end of the day and log a gargantuan bar bill. He could have done it but he has no balls.....Hiring JK ffs!! Pitiful!!

Delegating running of the club to football people might have been an idea, f***ed up there as well.

How the f*** did he make his money??!

search me.

don't get caught in the NE5 trap of thinking everyone who thinks fred ended up making a balls of things automatically thinks ashley is the answer to everything.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Delegating running of the club to football people might have been an idea, f***ed up there as well.

search me.

don't get caught in the NE5 trap of thinking everyone who thinks fred ended up making a balls of things automatically thinks ashley is the answer to everything.

Nah mate, I know you're one of the clever ones that is why I'm always nice to you.  :lol: :smitten:

How many PL clubs run at a profit with no debt?

I'd be more curious to know which clubs run at a loss WITH debt.

Half the PL??

How many have owners who guarantee the debt?

Just saying you can't have your cake and eat it. Buying and selling players, hiring managers is a lottery. Look at the state Spurs are in and Liverpool will be in if they don't qual CL this season.

Thats the point, Liverpool will be in pretty much the same place as we are in now if they dont quaify. If that were to happen, they would go 2 ways, they will gamble like we did and pump more money in (if possilbe) or they'll sell players, id hazard a guess and say they'd sell.

What happened in 2004 to us, will be pretty much the saem situation that Liverpool would be in should they fail to qualify.

The decisoin to appoint Souness is the key to this whole arguement, the decision toback him heavily compunds that decison as it backfired spectacularly.

If a manager with merit was appointed and the gamble was the same, you'd still get your morons ciriticisng the appoinment and backing but the sensible ones will see the merits of the decison.

their current manager will certainly demand they buy, and their supporters would back him up

Providing he's hasnt been sacked for not qualifying...;)

he's been on the brink for the last 2 years for not winning the league, and I'm sure you'll take notice of that.

I dont think him not winning the league has anything to do with him "being on the brink", you're probably right about the fans wanting them to gamble - still wouldnt make the decision a correct one.

What do you think the fans would do if they sacked Rafa for failing to qualifiy then replaced him with Souness?

I haven't got a clue, maybe they will try replacing him with Roy Evans ?

You havent got a clue? I think you do but you dont want to admit it sonny, jimbob.

Well, yes, but the real question is if they will suffer the disgrace of "going backwards", or if they have a divine right to stay where they are forever. Do you think any scousers would then trace their demise down to signing Torres, Keane, Kuyt  and Masherano, and say it shouldn't have been done ?

I dont see anyone saying the demise was down to signing Robert, Bellamy or Shearer, I see the majority of the people saying it was down to appointing Souness, backing him with so much money compunded that decision.

you can't criticise the decision, and the buys and sales he made, when you agreed with it all and backed it all right up the end. Not saying you did, I don't know if you did or not [did you say the other day that you did ?] but plenty of people DID, such as mandiarse for one.

The bigger picture being that they didn't purposely appoint a manager they knew would fuck up, he was THEIR choice, and they backed their choice. Shame soopa Mike didn't back his own appointment in the same way ?

Oops, I forgot. You agreed with soopa mike that we shouldn't spend ie waste, any money, didn't you.

You mean to say you cant support a decision even though you disagree with it? Thats eseentially what you're saying, I didnt agree with the decision to sack SBR but i supported the decision becasue as a fan thats what i do. I disagreed with the appointments of Roeder, Souness and even remember arguing with you amongst others about the appointment of Allardyce but at the end of the day i supported each and every appointment.

Your're right, i have no intention of trying to prove that Shepherd et al decidied to purposely appoint a bad manager, all i can do is highlight the dmetrimental affect it had on the club, which is what im doing. Someone has to be accountable for the decision to appointmnet a bad manager.

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

search me.

Nah mate, I know you're one of the clever ones that is why I'm always nice to you.  :lol: :smitten:

can't decide if that is sarcasm :coolsmiley:

Guest toonlass

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

I think you do need a history lesson.

Shepherd never owned the club. Never. At any time.  When did I say he had?  :idiot2: The Halls and Shepherd found the club in a postition where they couldn't raise 1.25m quid from a share issue, and left it worth between 100m and 200m quid.

As parky has explained, according to you and other hysterical people's train of logic, half the premiership is about to go into administration (not liquidation). We owed a hell of a lot of money to an institution who would have gone to the wall themselves if the government hadn't stepped in. Safe money eh?

We were 16 games from administration and possible liquidation when the Halls and Shepherd saved the club, with nobody in the city giving a toss about it, apart from barely a third of the current fanbase. Of which I was one, thanks all the same.

The fact that you have mentioned this utter crap from the NOTW is indicative of how desperate you are to beat them with any stick you can think of, rather than apply the knowledge and experience of the club you say you have, which will tell you that such "embarrassment" is absolutely nothing in comparison to watching a run down, joke of a club selling its best players including local lads who were the fabric of the club that all wanted to leave because it had no future. I bet when the NOTW prints other stories that you don't want to believe, it becomes a "rag" again. Apart from when Mike Ashleys mate defends him that is. Not at all. Because as I have already said, repeatedly, and you have ignored, repeatedly, I do not think Ashley is the right man to have the ownership of this club. Maybe you should take your blinkers off and see that it is not a polarisation between Fred Shepherd and Ashley. It is possible to dislike both you know.

I'm not going to carry on pointing out how I see this. So far as I'm concerned, between 1992 and 2007 was the best years by far I've spent watching this club and in spite of some mistakes, which everybody makes, all I want now is for someone to come in and repeat it, or preferably better it. As would we all. Football wise it was amazing. But I would have preferred not to line Fat Fred's pockets in the process. That man took out a hell of a lot more cash than he put into this club and you know that!

Rather than attach "blame" for running a club which made such huge improvements, qualified for europe more than any club bar 4, gave me top quality international footballers, 52000 crowds, a team which for most years made me the envy of many supporters from all over the country who I meet via work over those years, and a couple of FA Cup Finals for the first time in over 2 decades, it is something that for years previous to 1992 i would have almost killed for and the sort of thing pretty much everybody who supported the club during those times, all 20000 of us, could only dream of.  Why do you think that no-one else on this board was at Newcastle games before 1992. I certainly was, my dad was, my grandad has been going to the games since he was a lad. You do not have to keep on telling us you were there. So were a lot of us.

And you say "blame" ? Get a life. You tell me to get a life?  mackems.gif  :clap: This coming from the man who wears Freddy Shepherd blinkers and has ruined many a thread by bringing up the same old hyperbole that everyone is sick of hearing.

But Fred Shepherd left us in a fine financial state, right?

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

search me.

can't decide if that is sarcasm :coolsmiley:

Rest easy.  :thup:

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

search me.

no "thinks" about it. The vast majority of you lot thought this was exactly the case, and look at my sig and look at mandiarses comment of "nothing to lose from a change at the top" which was linked a few weeks ago in a different thread for starters.

When is he going to start fulfilling his objectives of matching fat fred (at least)??

rubbish.

mackems.gif

Apology accepted.

None given.

Not as simple as that is it. People come into these threads (not you) saying FS is a cunt, KK is a cunt, Wise is a cunt etc...it's more complex than that (as you know). Sometimes little things go against you (Luque's career threateing inj or Boumsong being half decent) and history can be re-written.

And sometimes throwing money at the problem only makes things massively worse, if there's consistently poor decision-making in other areas.

And that ain't that simple either. What was Coloccini? Youth? Or a cheap buy?