Barton out for eight weeks (broken metatarsal), Owen TBC

KaKa

Barton six weeks apparently.

Owen already on crutches and out for ages too.

To think we came close to shipping these bitch ass crocks this summer.

Now we can't move either of them and they are taking up so much in wages.

f***ing tragic situation!

:dave:

The irony is of course, that the player who should replace Owen has missed more than half of our games this season himself.

He told Sky Sports: "Michael is now going to be out for at least three weeks and Joey Barton could be out for at least six weeks.

"Joey's going to have a scan on his ankle as we're not sure whether he has cracked it or not. He said he felt something crack in his right ankle, so we're going to check that out tomorrow.

"Michael's on crutches already for protection and he's going to have a scan tomorrow.

"That just leaves us with Andy Carroll. We're missing Obafemi Martins and (Mark) Viduka. There's no chance of Viduka being back for the weekend and Martins is no more than an outside chance."

Given

Goalkeeper Shay Given, who has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, was not involved at Eastlands but Kinnear insisted his No.1 was suffering with an ankle injury.

He added: "Shay pulled out yesterday (Tuesday) with a knee injury, as did (Charles) N'Zogbia with an ankle injury.

"We're doing the best we possibly can to keep Shay. He missed this game because of injury. There's not much more I can say about that situation."

Kinnear has already agreed to stay on at St James' Park until the end of the season and has a long-term contract offer from owner Mike Ashley awaiting his signature.

The former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest boss insists he will not walk away from the challenge in the North East, but will wait until the end of the campaign before deciding on his long-term future.

He said: "I've got a three-and-a-half-year contract on the table that I haven't signed.

"I could have signed it three weeks ago, but I'm prepared to leave the situation as it is until the end of the season and then take stock then.

"It's a really tough job, but I'm not going to walk away from it. I can see why so many other managers turned it down, because it really is a tough job."

Anyone else doubting the knocks CNZ & Shay have?

Definitely.

Guest neesy111

He told Sky Sports: "Michael is now going to be out for at least three weeks and Joey Barton could be out for at least six weeks.

"Joey's going to have a scan on his ankle as we're not sure whether he has cracked it or not. He said he felt something crack in his right ankle, so we're going to check that out tomorrow.

"Michael's on crutches already for protection and he's going to have a scan tomorrow.

"That just leaves us with Andy Carroll. We're missing Obafemi Martins and (Mark) Viduka. There's no chance of Viduka being back for the weekend and Martins is no more than an outside chance."

Given

Goalkeeper Shay Given, who has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, was not involved at Eastlands but Kinnear insisted his No.1 was suffering with an ankle injury.

He added: "Shay pulled out yesterday (Tuesday) with a knee injury, as did (Charles) N'Zogbia with an ankle injury.

"We're doing the best we possibly can to keep Shay. He missed this game because of injury. There's not much more I can say about that situation."

Kinnear has already agreed to stay on at St James' Park until the end of the season and has a long-term contract offer from owner Mike Ashley awaiting his signature.

The former Wimbledon and Nottingham Forest boss insists he will not walk away from the challenge in the North East, but will wait until the end of the campaign before deciding on his long-term future.

He said: "I've got a three-and-a-half-year contract on the table that I haven't signed.

"I could have signed it three weeks ago, but I'm prepared to leave the situation as it is until the end of the season and then take stock then.

"It's a really tough job, but I'm not going to walk away from it. I can see why so many other managers turned it down, because it really is a tough job."

Anyone else doubting the knocks CNZ & Shay have?

Definitely.

if we get between 15 and 20 million between both of them AND IT IS SPENT then they will be very good deals and could keep us up

The irony is of course, that the player who should replace Owen has missed more than half of our games this season himself.

He'll be back and he'll keep us up don't worry about that.

Owen has been nothing without him in the team and is injured yet again! He's been injured his whole time here. Do you realise this?

Your efforts to compare Martins injuries to Owen's are so wrong.

Owen is done. The line has been drawn tonight. It's over. Time to move on.

Owen has been nothing without him in the team and is injured yet again! He's been injured his whole time here. Do you realise this?

The last year since he's got over the two freak injuries, he's been as fit as any other player in the squad.

Guest neesy111

The last year since he's got over the two freak injuries, he's been as fit as any other player in the squad.

ironic that when his england place has been under threat he's been mainly injury free

ironic that when his england place has been under threat he's been mainly injury free

Absolutely shocking that no-one's broken his foot or he's f*cked his knee, I know.

JFK totally clueless again...

Beeb

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear on Shay Given's future:

"There's no question that Manchester City want to sign him, we are doing everything we can to keep him.

"Last thing I know was Shay was locked in talks with the chairman and owner and we are waiting for the outcome. It's very difficult times for us.

"Joey Barton has been out for 10 weeks and just come back but looks as if he's going to be out for three weeks with a cracked ankle - and we only have one fit striker. Michael Owen is on crutches and he could be out for six weeks.

"We have a massive game coming this weekend against Sunderland and I don't know whether I have 11 fit players. So many key players are out injured and these are the players you need for a derby game. But we have to bite the bullet and get on with it."

Sky

With Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby against bitter rivals Sunderland on the horizon and the club locked in a relegation battle, it was the loss of two more key men which was of most concern to Kinnear.

He has been a disastrous signing and throughout his time at Newcastle it has just been an uncomfortable experience.

Ironically it has now ended as it has mostly been with Owen. Yet another "freak injury".

He has been a disastrous signing and throughout his time at Newcastle it has just been an uncomfortable experience.

Ironically it has now ended as it has mostly been with Owen. Yet another "freak injury".

Played too much when he was younger syndrome.

You may be right.

Some signs of the same thing happening to Rooney already.

You may be right.

Some signs of the same thing happening to Rooney already.

Yup.

JFK totally clueless again...

Beeb

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear on Shay Given's future:

"There's no question that Manchester City want to sign him, we are doing everything we can to keep him.

"Last thing I know was Shay was locked in talks with the chairman and owner and we are waiting for the outcome. It's very difficult times for us.

"Joey Barton has been out for 10 weeks and just come back but looks as if he's going to be out for three weeks with a cracked ankle - and we only have one fit striker. Michael Owen is on crutches and he could be out for six weeks.

"We have a massive game coming this weekend against Sunderland and I don't know whether I have 11 fit players. So many key players are out injured and these are the players you need for a derby game. But we have to bite the bullet and get on with it."

Sky

With Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby against bitter rivals Sunderland on the horizon and the club locked in a relegation battle, it was the loss of two more key men which was of most concern to Kinnear.

Daily Mail

Kinnear said: 'It is one thing after another at the moment. The doctor had said six to eight weeks with Michael and 10 for Joey.'

It leaves Kinnear without two of his most experienced players at a time when he could badly do with them.

:doh:

Guest The Libertine

£15-£20M for Given and N'zogbia would keep us up if it was spent. Yet here we are approaching the 29th of January. These cunts really should hang their heads in shame.

who should?

£15-£20M for Given and N'zogbia would keep us up if it was spent. Yet here we are approaching the 29th of January. These c***s really should hang their heads in shame.

who should?

"these cunts"

can't you read ?

Guest The Libertine

Refering to our owner and manager

how can they make £15-£20 million from the 2 players if the highest bid (we know of) is for £5 million?

Guest neesy111

Refering to our owner and manager

how can they make £15-£20 million from the 2 players if the highest bid (we know of) is for £5 million?

man city are on the 3rd bid now, the 2nd bid was around 8 million for given, we'll be looking for around 14 million the same which they spend on de jong and bellend

FOR FUCK SAKE!!!! PLEASE GOD WHY!!!!! WHY!!!\

And shut up blaming them! Did you not see Barton going into the changing rooms that was shown on match of the day? He was gutted.

We are cursed and thats it.

Next is Martin to play on sunday and get injured for 10 weeks.

Just when I thought the return of Barton meant we had some live reinstated back into the team . . . . absolutely gutted!

I honeslty felt he was the difference between our survival and the un-mentionable. Fingers crossed that the incoming players have the same grit and determination to show we can come out and fight for the cause.