Barton out for eight weeks (broken metatarsal), Owen TBC

KaKa

It's just unbelievable.

Stuck with two crocks who we now can't sell for any money and who we have to continue to pay astronomical wages.

Sounds like we are screwed big time as far as brining in new players goes too.

Fantastic ...

It's not good, but in Owens case, we can't say how bad his injury is until after his scan. The lay off time is purely speculation until then. Last night Joe Kinnear said he'd be out 3 weeks, then within the space off half an hour, Gary Lineker had turned that into 6.

Knowing our luck though, he won't be back in a hurry.

It's not good, but in Owens case, we can't say how bad his injury is until after his scan. The lay off time is purely speculation until then. Last night Joe Kinnear said he'd be out 3 weeks, then within the space off half an hour, Gary Lineker had turned that into 6.

Owen takes ages to recover as he isn't a quick healer. With ebery injury he laso becomes slower and slower it seems. No point hoping he returns.

We need to find players from somewhere. Owen and Barton are pretty much done for the season.

Swap Zoggy for Fred.

Swap Given for Fernandes and Onuoha. Hopefully some cash also.

Find a left back from somewhere (swap Smithy for Baines?).

Spend soem money on an affordable CM like this Italian bloke we're supposedly after.

This is how we should be thinking right now.

Owen takes ages to recover as he isn't a quick healer. With ebery injury he laso becomes slower and slower it seems. No point hoping he returns.

We need to find players from somewhere. Owen and Barton are pretty much done for the season.

Swap Zoggy for Fred.

Spend soem money on an affordable CM like this Italian bloke we're supposedly after.

Duff to Blackburn for Derbyshire or someone else worth pinching from them.

Barton has been an incredible drain on the club. For all his passion and fight he's hardly been on the pitch in two years.

To be fair yesterday he seemed like he was willing to risk injuries by playing several risky moves.  He was by far the most committed player in our squad, followed by Duff.

Barton has been an incredible drain on the club. For all his passion and fight he's hardly been on the pitch in two years.

And we let go Parker for him.  I know parker was showing limitations, he would have helped us not lose/draw as many as we have.

Barton will never be a top player now, he hasn't had the games and good form over the last two years to improve himself.

Guest justin99.

I think it's been due to his passion and fight

Don't other clubs have players with passion and fight who actually play quite a few games for their clubs? I don't remember Roy Keane missing many games.

Swap Zoggy for Fred.

Those would be very good moves.

Don't other clubs have players with passion and fight who actually play quite a few games for their clubs? I don't remember Roy Keane missing many games.

I really don't see how you can blame Barton? BReaking a metatarsal is a completely freakish injury and could happen to any player at any time. It's not like he's got weak feet!!

Guest toonlass

I really don't see how you can blame Barton? BReaking a metatarsal is a completely freakish injury and could happen to any player at any time. It's not like he's got weak feet!!

Funny that he had the same injury in his other foot a couple of years ago then.

I'm not blaming Barton, I'm just pointing out that he's ended up being a massive drain on the club, not much different to Viduka in that they have hardly played in two seasons while collecting big wages. You can't really argue that he hasn't.

Guest neesy111

I'm not blaming Barton, I'm just pointing out that he's ended up being a massive drain on the club, not much different to Viduka in that they have hardly played in two seasons while collecting big wages. You can't really argue that he hasn't.

the problem with barton is we sold parker to buy him

and scott parker has played most of the time while barton has been injured

Guest icemanblue

the problem with barton is we sold parker to buy him

and scott parker has played most of the time while barton has been injured

You sure?

With his brittle bones, I'm surprised he hasn't broken his slap-happy hands by now.

Maybe he should stick to milkshakes on his nights out, so he gets the calcium and stops being a radgy cunt.

With his brittle bones, I'm surprised he hasn't broken his slap-happy hands by now.

Maybe he should stick to milkshakes on his nights out, so he gets the calcium and stops being a radgy cunt.

it will be hard to miss him, im not sure what it is we would be missing?

They've just shown both Barton and Owen coming off against City on SSN.

Barton looked seriously pissed off, chucking his boot down the tunnel and seriously pissed off.

Owen trudged off looking 'oh well'

Different characters I know but to me this was telling

Aye. fuck owen half arse, frail son a a bitch who didn't deserve to be captain.

Barton looked seriously pissed off, chucking his boot down the tunnel and seriously pissed off.

Aye. fuck owen half arse, frail son a a bitch who didn't deserve to be captain.

Up to a couple of months ago I wouldn't have agreed with that. But once he released the statement saying he was waiting till the summer to decide on his future he should have been stripped of the armband

I love how frustrated Barton was to go off injured. I bet he feels he owes the club and the fans, if we were to go down, I would be very surprised if he asked to leave. Should be captain when fit.

Aye. f*** owen half arse, frail son a a bitch who didn't deserve to be captain.

Up to a couple of months ago I wouldn't have agreed with that. But once he released the statement saying he was waiting till the summer to decide on his future he should have been stripped of the armband

always hated the guy, never wanted to be here (maybe he did the season he got to play with shearer).