Barton out for eight weeks (broken metatarsal), Owen TBC

KaKa

Mickey Owen.

How he can justify himself as a top drawer player for being the softest f***king striker is beyond me. 

I havent been this depressed about the Toon in ages, I can't even try and positive anymore.  This freefall looks like it will never end.

Guest sittingontheball

Having a thin squad is one thing, but having the amount of injuries we've had is another.

Along with the penalities, they take us from bottom-half mediocrity to genuine relegation risk.

That said, on our day, we are the worst team in the league. Look how Liverpool have struggled to win since they played us.

Barton six weeks apparently.

Owen already on crutches and out for ages too.

To think we came close to shipping these bitch ass crocks this summer.

Now we can't move either of them and they are taking up so much in wages.

Fucking tragic situation!

:dave:

Not to worry. If we get relegated, you can just start supporting someone else.

You have options too. Man city or Real Mallorjca look attractive.

JFK totally clueless again...

Beeb

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear on Shay Given's future:

"There's no question that Manchester City want to sign him, we are doing everything we can to keep him.

"Last thing I know was Shay was locked in talks with the chairman and owner and we are waiting for the outcome. It's very difficult times for us.

"Joey Barton has been out for 10 weeks and just come back but looks as if he's going to be out for three weeks with a cracked ankle - and we only have one fit striker. Michael Owen is on crutches and he could be out for six weeks.

"We have a massive game coming this weekend against Sunderland and I don't know whether I have 11 fit players. So many key players are out injured and these are the players you need for a derby game. But we have to bite the bullet and get on with it."

Sky

With Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby against bitter rivals Sunderland on the horizon and the club locked in a relegation battle, it was the loss of two more key men which was of most concern to Kinnear.

He told Sky Sports: "Michael is now going to be out for at least three weeks and Joey Barton could be out for at least six weeks.

Daily Mail

Kinnear said: 'It is one thing after another at the moment. The doctor had said six to eight weeks with Michael and 10 for Joey.'

It leaves Kinnear without two of his most experienced players at a time when he could badly do with them.

:doh:

:lol:

:kinnear:

OWEN, OWEN, GONE - PUT YOUR FEET UP MICHAEL

2009 (Newcastle)

January: Ankle

2008 (Newcastle)

October: Groin

July: Mumps

July: Calf muscle

May: Virus

2007 (Newcastle)

November: Thigh

September: Groin

July: Thigh

2006 (Newcastle)

July: Groin

June: ACL knee injury

May: Metatarsal fracture

April: Foot

2005 (Newcastle)

December: Metatarsal fracture

November: Groin

October: Hamstring

2004 (Liverpool)

March: Hamstring

2003 (Liverpool)

November: Thigh

November: Knee

October: Knee

April: Back

2002 (Liverpool)

December: Hamstring

November: Calf muscle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1093085/Dyer-Saha-Owen-Rosicky-Hargreaves--race-Sportsmails-official-Sicknote.html

Guest Gazmatron

We seem to be getting these huge injury lists every season, maybe if we didnt change managers every year they might have got it sorted out.

Guest The Libertine

Refering to our owner and manager

how can they make £15-£20 million from the 2 players if the highest bid (we know of) is for £5 million?

man city are on the 3rd bid now, the 2nd bid was around 8 million for given, we'll be looking for around 14 million the same which they spend on de jong and bellend

it was £3 million then £5 million for given. if its at 8 now its still too cheap.

so how is it kinnear and ashleys fault if nobody is bidding £15-£20 million for the 2 players? it makes no sense.

Refering to our owner and manager

how can they make £15-£20 million from the 2 players if the highest bid (we know of) is for £5 million?

man city are on the 3rd bid now, the 2nd bid was around 8 million for given, we'll be looking for around 14 million the same which they spend on de jong and bellend

it was £3 million then £5 million for given. if its at 8 now its still too cheap.

so how is it kinnear and ashleys fault if nobody is bidding £15-£20 million for the 2 players? it makes no sense.

prolly best take the 8.5m now 'cause they'll be offering fuck all when we go down

I can't think of any situation that could have been worse for us than to lose this game and have Owen and Barton injured. When Bassong had to get treatment, I almost lost it. I'm starting to feel that we can't escape going down. It's been a perfect storm this season, with the injuries, the backroom problems, etc. I'm gutted at the thought of not being able to watch Newcastle play for a year. We don't get Championship coverage in Canada.

That would have been fucking great wouldn't it, we'd have about 15 points but at least they'd be off the wagebill.

That would have been fucking great wouldn't it, we'd have about 15 points but at least they'd be off the wagebill.

:lol:

Does it not strike you as suspicious that Owen pulls up with the "mysterious injury" some of us thought he'd do against the team its suspected he'll join in the summer, and be out for most of the time between the end of the season and now because of it ?

Or am I being TOO suspicious ?

Does it not strike you as suspicious that Owen pulls up with the "mysterious injury" some of us thought he'd do against the team its suspected he'll join in the summer, and be out for most of the time between the end of the season and now because of it ?

No.

Well good for you then

Maybe I am suspicious - due to we need all hands to the pumps - and 1.2 million a goal isnt a great payback, is it ?

Also, Michaels injury record, although better than some (Dyer ?) is hardly reassuring to start with. And the rumourmill about who he's going to.....