Barton out for eight weeks (broken metatarsal), Owen TBC

KaKa

Guest Stephen927

These things happen, this hasn't happened to Owen for a while.. that stat a few posts up, 4 games missed in 13 months..

Try and get a little perspective before we all point the blame at Little Micky.

Guest The Libertine

i'd imagine our very lucrative, long term offer to owen is still on the table. if he's out for 3 or 4 months then he might just take the money and stay instead of a mid-table team paying him half of it and half the length.

These things happen, this hasn't happened to Owen for a while.. that stat a few posts up, 4 games missed in 13 months..

you can't blame him for getting a broken bone, shit happens...he is responsible for his actions with regards not signing a contract extension though isn't he?  after we supported him through his knee injury and paid him a fortune for fuck all

sweet, sweet irony if he's fucked himself now imo

i'd imagine our very lucrative, long term offer to owen is still on the table. if he's out for 3 or 4 months then he might just take the money and stay instead of a mid-table team paying him half of it and half the length.

i imagine, if it wasn't there already, it'll be having a hastily added relegation clause of some description in it!  getting too tight now to be paying 100k p/w or whatever down there...

Guest toonlass

you can't blame him for getting a broken bone, shit happens...he is responsible for his actions with regards not signing a contract extension though isn't he?  after we supported him through his knee injury and paid him a fortune for fuck all

sweet, sweet irony if he's fucked himself now imo

He is also responsible for being an arrogant little twat who offers little to the team when he doesn't score a goal. I don't care about his injury record, I think he has been a poor signing, one that Shepherd made to appease the fans, but the lad has always shown that he doesn't really want to be here. I hope he is left without a club in the summer. He can fuck off to his gee-gees now for all I care about him.

Guest Stephen927

you can't blame him for getting a broken bone, s*** happens...he is responsible for his actions with regards not signing a contract extension though isn't he?  after we supported him through his knee injury and paid him a fortune for f*** all

sweet, sweet irony if he's f***ed himself now imo

The FA paid us a fair wedge for the injury that happened at the World Cup.

I haven't got much doubt in my mind that without the two major injuries, he would have been off much sooner than this, the deal to bring him here was a stupid one because he quite clearly wasn't keen, it was simply a case of we were his only option (thanks to outbidding everyone by about £7m  :lol:)

Owen hasn't got any connections to NUFC to make him want to stay sadly. Does he still bring his chopper up from Cheshire?

I can't think of any situation that could have been worse for us than to lose this game and have Owen and Barton injured. When Bassong had to get treatment, I almost lost it. I'm starting to feel that we can't escape going down. It's been a perfect storm this season, with the injuries, the backroom problems, etc. I'm gutted at the thought of not being able to watch Newcastle play for a year. We don't get Championship coverage in Canada.

You must be the eternal optimist - if the club goes down, you'll be waiting longer than a year to see it on TV again if you don't get Championship games there.

The average time the club has been down each time it has been relegated is about 5 years - it was 5 and 6 respectively the last 2 times.......

We need to stop blaming Owen.  He didn't injury himself on purpose.  Grow up.

I felt strongly that we should have kept the fucker til end of season, now I wish we got £5m or whatever for him and brought in a new striker.

On the subject of injuries, why the hell did Newcastle give Ameobi a new contract (ignoring what you think of him as a player) when he was injured? He hasn't played since signing his new contract and he was injured before signing it.

Simple answer.

Because we have some of the stupidest dickheads in football running the club.

Even if he was fit and raring to go, he doesn't have the talent to be rewarded with a three year contract.

Guest toonlass

We need to stop blaming Owen.  He didn't injury himself on purpose.  Grow up.

I felt strongly that we should have kept the fucker til end of season, now I wish we got £5m or whatever for him and brought in a new striker.

I'm not blaming Owen for getting injured. I'm blaming Owen for being an odious little twat who is only interested in the money.

Barton six weeks apparently.

Owen already on crutches and out for ages too.

To think we came close to shipping these bitch ass crocks this summer.

Now we can't move either of them and they are taking up so much in wages.

f***ing tragic situation!

:dave:

That would have been f***ing great wouldn't it, we'd have about 15 points but at least they'd be off the wagebill.

Engage your brain you twit.

Obviously we would have got replacements in as it would have freed up a hell of a lot of money, particularly in wages, which is what is our bigges problem right now.

Even though we have lost our 2 best players i'm still certain we aren't going down.

Reason is: stoke, boro, hull, wba and even pompey are all somehow worse