SHEARER

Guest Micktoon

Shearer's comments on MOTD about it being a good time to play Man U after a cup tie...did anyone else think they were mean-spirited?

Man U played a weak team in the cup and brought back their big guns for our game. I notice he also mentioned that some of the players were probably still in celebration mode.

Seems to me he tried his best to put a negative spin (again) on our performance. Is he really a Newcastle fan?

:kinnear:

First time I've felt compelled to use that.

If there isn't a viable answer it's a good enough cop-out.

Fucking terrific attitude. Well done.

I think the suggestion is ludicrous to be honest and I think the best I can suggest is that he tries too hard to be impartial and sometimes comes off the other way because of it. I can't blame him for it too much.

I also would expect that his "support" of the club WILL have waned after playing here so long and seeing everything that was wrong, is wrong and will be wrong in the future.

I hardly think he'd want to put us down though and I bet he still feels a similar sense of loss to us when we lose or when things are going bad.

I know things are bad at the minute but poison like that in your previous post is still fairly uncalled for. It's nowt more than bile, which is becoming worryingly regular from formerly quality contributors such as yourself.

Suggesting Shearer isn't a Newcastle fan. :nope: Honest to Christ... the extents people will go to have a pop at the man. Unbelievable.

As for him as manager, in the long term it might not be a great move, but the mere feel-good boost it would give if he came in now, would probably keep us up.

Fucking terrific attitude. Well done.

I think the suggestion is ludicrous to be honest and I think the best I can suggest is that he tries too hard to be impartial and sometimes comes off the other way because of it. I can't blame him for it too much.

I also would expect that his "support" of the club WILL have waned after playing here so long and seeing everything that was wrong, is wrong and will be wrong in the future.

I hardly think he'd want to put us down though and I bet he still feels a similar sense of loss to us when we lose or when things are going bad.

I know things are bad at the minute but poison like that in your previous post is still fairly uncalled for. It's nowt more than bile, which is becoming worryingly regular from formerly quality contributors such as yourself.

Sorry Rich, hate to step on the holy grail, but why don't you explain his comments then? Man U were back to full strength rather than coming off a cup win where juniors were played because the Carling Cup was a side event. why did Shearer need to denigrate our performance by suggesting we had it easy?

How the hell was he denigrating our performance ffs? "Arguably a good time to play Manu" as a negative comment towards Newcastle? Fucking hell man, that's picking the bones out of it a bit, don't you think?

To suggest he's not a Newcastle fan is absolute codswallop if you ask me. And i'd say that even if he wasn't an absolute God to me. He had the pick of every club in the world at more than one point in his career.

How the hell was he denigrating our performance ffs? "Arguably a good time to play Manu" as a negative comment towards Newcastle? f***ing hell man, that's picking the bones out of it a bit, don't you think?

To suggest he's not a Newcastle fan is absolute codswallop if you ask me. And i'd say that even if he wasn't an absolute God to me. He had the pick of every club in the world at more than one point in his career.

more than one point? please explain sir

Was he wrong? I personally thought we had a shout because we were playing them at a decent time. I don't know how anyone can argue with that?

They fielded an exceptionally strong team but in the midst of their busiest period so far (and most important) and I think it showed. While they had their big guns out there and we played better than we have done for a long time, you surely can't tell me that ANY of their players where anywhere near top form.

Now I know some of that (a lot, perhaps?) is down to the way we harried them and got at them, but I think it's fair to say they looked a bit "hungover" in general, especially defensively and were out of sorts. They probably came up here expecting a stroll as well and got a shock when we were at it from the first whistle.

I think we deserve a lot of credit for the performance, but at the end of the day we still lost and Man Utd didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to beat us (in my opinion). I don't think people should go OTT though, which is what Shearer may have been trying to avoid. Aye it was a good marker for future games, but we got nowt from it and if we go to Hull and perform ineptly again and lose then it means absolutely nothing and we will literally have zero to show from it.

I genuinely think you've over-analysed things/underestimated the potential effects of playing right after an extra-time/penalties cup final win (even if they didn't all play). I do think you're right to defend our performance though and I feel we deserved at least a point. To me, that Man Utd side looked wobbly and there for the taking, and we STILL didn't have enough about us to do it, which is a worry, although we obviously improved.

How the hell was he denigrating our performance ffs? "Arguably a good time to play Manu" as a negative comment towards Newcastle? f***ing hell man, that's picking the bones out of it a bit, don't you think?

Any time up until he reached his thirties i reckon any team around would have had him. I know he wasn't as good after his first major injury, but is that really an unfair statement? How many times did he turn Manu down again? Turned Liverpool down in 04 aswell.

Was he wrong? I personally thought we had a shout because we were playing them at a decent time. I don't know how anyone can argue with that?

They fielded an exceptionally strong team but in the midst of their busiest period so far (and most important) and I think it showed. While they had their big guns out there and we played better than we have done for a long time, you surely can't tell me that ANY of their players where anywhere near top form.

Now I know some of that (a lot, perhaps?) is down to the way we harried them and got at them, but I think it's fair to say they looked a bit "hungover" in general, especially defensively and were out of sorts. They probably came up here expecting a stroll as well and got a shock when we were at it from the first whistle.

I think we deserve a lot of credit for the performance, but at the end of the day we still lost and Man Utd didn't have to get out of 2nd gear to beat us (in my opinion). I don't think people should go OTT though, which is what Shearer may have been trying to avoid. Aye it was a good marker for future games, but we got nowt from it and if we go to Hull and perform ineptly again and lose then it means absolutely nothing and we will literally have zero to show from it.

I genuinely think you've over-analysed things/underestimated the potential effects of playing right after an extra-time/penalties cup final win (even if they didn't all play). I do think you're right to defend our performance though and I feel we deserved at least a point. To me, that Man Utd side looked wobbly and there for the taking, and we STILL didn't have enough about us to do it, which is a worry, although we obviously improved.

Funny no one thought Man U were "there for the taking" before the game. Now we are making excuses for those fuckers for playing extra time before this game, with a massive squad of world class players at their disposal. Shearer could have made excuses on our behalf as well you know? We had players missing as well although he failed to mention it.

Any time up until he reached his thirties i reckon any team around would have had him. I know he wasn't as good after his first major injury, but is that really an unfair statement? How many times did he turn Manu down again? Turned Liverpool down in 04 aswell.

Shepherd turned that one down, not Shearer

If there is one guy who is to blame for all of this, it is absolutely Alan Shearer.  Sitting there in his MotD studio, thinking we could beat Man U, refusing to volunteer for a job that nobody on here thinks he can do or should do.  Who does he think he is?

can't see why he wouldn't or couldn't do a hiddink, until the end of the season

be explicit that he's walking away regardless

doesn't matter a fuck anyways, :kinnear: will be back at some point in the future, probably, so what would we need AS for?

Funny no one thought Man U were "there for the taking" before the game. Now we are making excuses for those fuckers for playing extra time before this game, with a massive squad of world class players at their disposal. Shearer could have made excuses on our behalf as well you know? We had players missing as well although he failed to mention it.

Suppose we'll just have to disagree. We did well, Man Utd looked jaded and underperformed would be my take on it, which lends itself to exploring the reasons for why this was so. We deserve credit, but they deserve some sympathy for the time that we played them, they simply were not on their game.

Just gutted we didn't even get a point, personally.

Guest Stephen927

Shearer would be a brilliant option from now until the end of the season, but beyond that I don't know. He's the only other man that could bring the feel good factor back, the other is Keegan.

The best thing we can do is forget Alan Shearer as a possibility for manager. He's obviously more interested in the media than in management, or he would have started at a smaller club already.

Failing that, we should give him the job ASAP to get it over with and move on.

Guest GAMMELL

We have more chance of seeing Adolf Hitlers minge then seeing Shearer standing our touch ine managing the team.

:lol: :lol:

Just not going to happen, he will end up going to manage another team, when he decides its time for him to make that step into management Ashley will still own us and Shearer will not work fort him no way.

Just not going to happen, he will end up going to manage another team, when he decides its time for him to make that step into management Ashley will still own us and Shearer will not work fort him no way.

this is probably spot on and the irony will be palpable - we lost him as a player 'cause the club was a fucking shambolic mess and i fully expect us to do the same with him as a manager

i have little doubt he'll be a success as a manager personally if he goes for it, it's just gonna piss me off no end when it turns out to be with southampton or blackburn or someone

we'll then have to pay a(nother) fortune to get the cunt in as manager and he'll probably fuck his ankle then and all :lol:

Does Shearer have his coaching badges now, then?

fuck does that matter?  see southgate, gareth & roeder, glenn for more information

That's true. They were all missing the UEFA Pro licence for European competition, weren't they? If they can get a bye, Shearer should be a shoo-in. Sign him up!

Shearer would be a brilliant option from now until the end of the season, but beyond that I don't know. He's the only other man that could bring the feel good factor back, the other is Keegan.

The other WAS Keegan - it no longer is.

He has now left us twice.

If he had remained the first time and still been here now  -  our history and current status would probably have been SO different . . . (WOW - the 'dream' of that era continuing all the years until now . . . WOW, what a thought  -  just CLOSE your eyes and 'think' about that . . . )

So, because of that (leaving once / leaving once again) Keegans days of "bringing a feel good factor to NUFC" are over (in my view).