Spurs field illegal player ??

geordie_b

Guest kingdawson

Sorry to spoil this thread but it's a non starter. Palacios was banned for 2 games which were United and Stoke. Again i apologise.

The suggestion is that if Palacios was still a Wigan player, his ban would have finished on 31st January, but because he moved to White Hart Lane, the ban should see him cup tied for Carling Cup and FA Cup games, meaning his ban should be carried over these games.

Therefore, his fixture list should read:

Wednesday Jan 21 2009 Burnley CC (A) (cup tied)

Saturday Jan 24 2009 Manchester United FA (A) (cup tied)

Tuesday Jan 27 2009 Stoke City (H) (suspended)

Saturday Jan 31 2009 Bolton Wanderers (A) (suspended)

Sunday Feb 08 2009 Arsenal (H) (ban lifted)

Not sure I get this bit?  Why would it be lifted later when he's at the Spuds?  Did Wigan play more games in that period then Spuds?

Kick them out of the League Cup

Nothing will happen though, we're talking about Spurs.  They'll just say "look, we lost the game anyway, it's not like we picked up any points".

I doubt the FA will even take any action, even if it is to investigate it.  They fucked up so spectacularly with West Ham that if they dock Spurs points then it'll show that they should have done the same to West Ham and they'll end up in court for the next 3 years defending every decision.  On the other side, if they investigate and do nothing, or almost nothing, a la West Ham any team that gets relegated will end up in court against the FA for their failure to dock them points.  It's lose-lose for the FA, so they'll sit on their hands & ignore the problem until it goes away.

Sorry to spoil this thread but it's a non starter. Palacios was banned for 2 games which were United and Stoke. Again i apologise.

Apology not accepted and Spurs will still go down, and 'Arry will do a runner 5 games before the season ends. Much as I hate the senile cunt, I hope he carries on his surrender monkey act with you lot.

love you kd like :)

Guest johnson293

The suggestion is that if Palacios was still a Wigan player, his ban would have finished on 31st January, but because he moved to White Hart Lane, the ban should see him cup tied for Carling Cup and FA Cup games, meaning his ban should be carried over these games.

Not sure I get this bit?  Why would it be lifted later when he's at the Spuds?  Did Wigan play more games in that period then Spuds?

I think the point is he was cup tied for Man Utd FA Cup game, so that match shouldn't have counted as one of his suspension matches - not sure if that matters or not though. (As Optimistic Nut said just before me)

They'll just say "look, we lost the game anyway, it's not like we picked up any points".

Makes no difference what so ever, they'll get done if its true, simple as that.

They'll just say "look, we lost the game anyway, it's not like we picked up any points".

Makes no difference what so ever, they'll get done if its true, simple as that.

Would kick start our season tbh

I think the point is he was cup tied for Man Utd FA Cup game, so that match shouldn't have counted as one of his suspension matches - not sure if that matters or not though. (As Optimistic Nut said just before me)

Ah right, well it comes down to whether there's a rule for that and what it says, nobody knows so in that case the FA probably will just say its ok so they don't have to punish the Spuds.

Guest kingdawson

btw, how the f*** was he allowed to be banned for a game he was cup-tied for?

PLAYERS SENT OFF UNDER LAW 12 (7)

A Player who is dismissed from the Field of Play for receiving a second caution in the

same match will be suspended automatically from FTCM commencing forthwith, until

such time as his Club’s First Team has completed its next FTCM.

Guest kingdawson

FA rules:

Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence on the

seventh day following the date of his last offence. The suspension will cover all

approved First Team matches until such time as his Club’s First Team has

completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved

Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and

ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic

Competition.

Nothing to see here people,Orderly line back to the Given thread please, queue jumping will not be appreciated.

FA rules:

seventh day following the date of his last offence. The suspension will cover all

ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic

Competition.

Nothing to see here people,Orderly line back to the Given thread please, queue jumping will not be appreciated.

Does this bit mean the cup ties?

Guest toonlass

FA rules:

Competition.

Surely if he is cup tied though that doesn't count as being suspended for the game?

FA rules:

Competition.

Surely if he is cup tied though that doesn't count as being suspended for the game?

That's what you'd think would make sense

Guest kingdawson

FA rules:

Competition.

The cup tie counts as one of his suspensions, even though he was cup tied. Stupid FA rule which they'll probably change next year but he was ok to play.