Are we just going to take this?

Guest Howaythetoon

I have no intention of joining the NUSC or other pressure groups because they aren't in a position to provide solutions, all they can do is make the current situation even more miserable. I can't begin to express my disgust at the way this club is going though. A manager who should have been here a month, and instead is now wrecking our squad with his crass handling of players. All the talk of a Wenger blueprint ending with signing a journeyman from Bolton. The laughable last minute attempt to sign Johnson from City after handing over Given. All the useless talk about Veloso and M'bia (the next Viera according to Joe) then bidding £4m. Absolute joke.

Guest Darth Toon

Fuck all we can do that will achieve anything constructive now the window's shut. We could possibly try force a change of manager in the vain hope of a few wins from "new manager syndrome", but Ashley loves his (semi) trained monkey, and besides no-one half decent is going to touch us in this state.

Season ticket sales for next season are the last effective protest mechanism available, and by then it may well be too late.

Guest Howaythetoon

Supporting the team, and forgetting about stupid petty demonstrations and board-bashing is the way forward.

Aye it did us the world of good against the mackems, Liverpool, Stoke and all those others games where we've either lost or failed to win. Supporting the team goes without saying and happens every single game home and away either in turnout or voice and often both.

Supporting the team, and forgetting about stupid petty demonstrations and board-bashing is the way forward.

Aye it did us the world of good against the mackems, Liverpool, Stoke and all those others games where we've either lost or failed to win. Supporting the team goes without saying and happens every single game home and away either in turnout or voice and often both.

Another good suggestion...

Oh, wait.

Guest neesy111

we just need to scrape by to the summer the club is totally skint from the wages

this summer will be the most crucial in the club's history

owen, viduka, smith, geremi, barton, duff, cacapa, butt - all need to be shipped off if we can do that then we have a chance of rebuilding the club but without a clearout then we are just going from one crisis to another with the X-Large wages these lot are earning

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearergol, honestly fuck off. You're a shit windup merchant to start with and as someone who values Newcastle United as his second team you have no right to pour scorn on the genuine angst among fans. Chomp.

Another failed transfer window?

More lies and empty gestures?

A true club legend sold?

The abortion of a manager that is Joe Kinnear?

Our alarming form that has seen only 4 wins all season?

The return of Mike Ashley to his seat in the directors box?

Relegation?

I am absolutely livid right now, words fail me and I honestly couldn't describe just how angry, pissed off, alienated and downright bitter I'm feeling towards all those connected with my club.

Helplessness is the most powerful emotion I'm feeling right now, that and resignation.

We as fans need to act somehow in someway, to do something about all this.

This isn't acceptable.

Support the team til the end of the season. Then don't renew - you'll have made your protest as loud as any that will be heard.

It's Joe Kinnear that is my big worry. The bloke is a complete fucking idiot. That is why, as I said in another thread, that I couldn't see us winning another game this season. I still can't to be honest.

Shearergol, honestly fuck off. You're a shit windup merchant to start with and as someone who values Newcastle United as his second team you have no right to pour scorn on the genuine angst among fans. Chomp.

Wow, chomp indeed.

I just find it funny that you give up on the club every single fucking season, despite being a "genuine fan". If you really support the club, you'd stick by them even in the conference.

Ashley returning to the directors box is the best thing that can happen in the current situation.

He can't sell the club to an empty space so the best he can do in the short term is run it and look like he cares.

Him fucking off and abandoning it again is the last thing we need.

lighten up u miserable tit! the signings haven't been that bad and hopefully a few players will be back from injury in the next few game.

Guest Howaythetoon

A true club legend sold?

Relegation?

I am absolutely livid right now, words fail me and I honestly couldn't describe just how angry, pissed off, alienated and downright bitter I'm feeling towards all those connected with my club.

Helplessness is the most powerful emotion I'm feeling right now, that and resignation.

This isn't acceptable.

Support the team til the end of the season. Then don't renew - you'll have made your statement as loud as any that will be heard.

It's Joe Kinnear that is my big worry. The bloke is a complete f***ing idiot. That is why, as I said in another thread, that I couldn't see us winning another game this season. I still can't to be honest.

He's taking us down without a doubt. I know I'll get shot down for this but I know for a fact half the squad view him as a clown and the fact that Shay wanted out had a lot do to with who our manager is. We're relying on our players being professional and finding their hearts. I cannot see us stopping up. I want him gone like no tomorrow but if it wasn't Kinnear it would be someone else, that's how far gone things are. We really are fucked and it pains me to think this way because I try to be upbeat even during times of crisis even if its by a tiny amount but I see nothing whatsoever to be upbeat about.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearergol, honestly f*** off. You're a s*** windup merchant to start with and as someone who values Newcastle United as his second team you have no right to pour scorn on the genuine angst among fans. Chomp.

Wow, chomp indeed.

I just find it funny that you give up on the club every single f***ing season, despite being a "genuine fan". If you really support the club, you'd stick by them even in the conference.

Unlike you I don't have another team to support and while I threaten to jack it all in from time to time (who seriously hasn't?), I'm still here and will always support the club.

Shearergol, honestly f*** off. You're a s*** windup merchant to start with and as someone who values Newcastle United as his second team you have no right to pour scorn on the genuine angst among fans. Chomp.

Wow, chomp indeed.

I just find it funny that you give up on the club every single f***ing season, despite being a "genuine fan". If you really support the club, you'd stick by them even in the conference.

Unlike you I don't have another team to support and while I threaten to jack it all in from time to time (who seriously hasn't?), I'm still here and will always support the club.

Keep playing that card, makes you look hard :D

I've not threatened to jack it in at all, despite not even being from Newcastle. Surely it's easier for me to give up on the club than you?

However, I'm still here, hero ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

lighten up u miserable tit! the signings haven't been that bad and hopefully a few players will be back from injury in the next few game.

Lighten up :lol:

The table has me in creases.

It may have escaped your attention but even at full strength we've still struggled and the reason for that is because we have a shit manager and an average side.

Guest Howaythetoon

while I threaten to jack it all in from time to time (who seriously hasn't?)

Me, for one.

Good for you. I won't lie, there have been a few times when I've thought about sacking football altogether, most of it is hissy fits, moments of melodrama etc. on my behalf, push comes to shove though I could never do it, I actually wish I could. Save a lot of fucking hassle and tears.

Guest guinness_fiend

Most Premiership clubs have had an equally dire window.  Even Manchester City have struggled to get their targets - and they are offering over the odds for everything.  At least we have bought in some grafters, that will hopefully keep us up, rather than trying to appease the fans by picking up flair players.

Until somone on this board can provide me with transcripts of any transfer discussions between NUFC and other clubs, I have no option but to believe that what has been said in the press about pursuing targets is true and correct.  Surely, people cannot expect quality players to be lining up to play for a club that is about as stable as an epileptic trying to balance on a skateboard on a canoe whilst under a strobe light.  I can only assume that we tried and failed to get our targets.

A true club legend sold?

A true club legend who demanded to leave.  I value Shay as much as the next man, but Harper seems to be made of sterner stuff.  He has sat quietly for years now and has the opportunity to do his bit to help preserve our Premiership status.  At least he has not jumped ship.  Other clubs have sniffed around him for a while now and he has stayed put - *that* is what I want to see in a player.

Granted.  Who else wanted the job?  If we manage to stay up, I hope that Ashley comes to his senses and appoints a manager that can take us forward.  At the moment, despite his inability to make substitutes, Joe might possibly be the fighter that we need.  N'Zogbia and Given have not been able to hack it.  Hopefully, Joe can at the very least motivate the players to push themselves to the very end.  At the moment, I do not care about pretty football.  I want points.  Whether we gain them through sheer grit, long balls or dodgy penalties - I do *not* want to be watching Newcastle play in the Championship next season.  We should face facts, Kinnear will be here at least until the end of the season - we should get behind him, even if it smarts a bit. 

Equally alarming (and exciting, for the neutral) is how open the table is this season.  Outside of the top 5, every club seems to be having a terrible season.  We are almost as far away from a European place as we are bottom.  The season is not over yet. 

It owns the club.  He can do what he wants.  If his love for the game is reignited during the last few games, who knows, he might pull his finger out in the summer.  Anyone who thinks that we are an attractive financial proposition to a potential investor in the current economic climate is deluded.  Ashley might be our best hope (unfortunately) of rebuilding a club whose pride has been chipped away at over the course of the last five years or so

Relegation?

A few wins and the right results could see us battling for Europe.  A few wins and bad results could see us battling to stay in the Premiership.  I have the stomach for it, I just hope that our players do.  It is up to them to stand up and be counted.  At the end of the day, they are Premiership footballers.  Irrespective of whether Joe's tactics are any good, they each know how to play their role and how to win games.  It is grit and s*** time.  I have never been one to blame a manager entirely entirely for the performance of his players.  If my boss bottles it, I continue to work hard and get results.  I expect our players to do the same.

I know how you feel, but in times like these we need to motivate ourselves to motivate our players.  Come summer, whatever happens, we should each voice our discontent with the current system and its perceived failings.  Until that time, I will continue to support the club with the same passion that I have always done.  Complaining about things now leaves our results down to fate.  Supporting the team and spurring them on will go a small way to putting destiny in their hands.  I prefer the latter option, as I have never been and will never be a betting man.

This isn't acceptable.

Me, for one.

Good for you. I won't lie, there have been a few times when I've thought about sacking football altogether, most of it is hissy fits, moments of melodrama etc. on my behalf, push comes to shove though I could never do it, I actually wish I could. Save a lot of fucking hassle and tears.

How's the coaching of juniors going? Any future Newcastle players?

Me, for one.

To each their own, I just couldn't. I'm too emotionally involved. I could take less of an interest, admittedly, but I'd never completely cut all my ties.

Wow, chomp indeed.

I'm a genuine fan and I stood on the terraces before Keegan came with circa 16,000 other genuine fans.

Long after we lose 25,000 - 30,000 fans I'll still pay to watch the team, circumstances permitting.

Sticking by the team doesn't mean putting up with shit constantly from inept owners, mercenary players and incompetent managers. It's about time all of those cunts realised the fans have just about had enough and our support cannot be taken for granted.