Are we just going to take this?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest guinness_fiend

relegation is the way forward.

get rid of high earners. bring in some fresh new talent and heroes.

get rid of some supporters with stupid expectations.

Jesus wept.

http://kester.typepad.com/signs/Jesus%20Wept.jpg

Jesus wept.

sorry, what was i thinking

sack wise

sack ashley

cockney mafia out

bring back keegan

You got me there, here was me thinking it was a stupid idea  :doh:

Jesus wept.

sorry, what was i thinking

sack wise

sack ashley

cockney mafia out

bring back keegan

Tit

Stupid expectations? 

What would that be? bring in some bodies to cover our injury crisis?  Strengthen?

Survival?

We aren't demanding European football are we, just improve the team enough to survive.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm just trying to gauge how important people value this window because it doesn't seem people have realised the significance of it yet and only will if we go down. For me our inability to sufficiently strengthen has weakened our cause.

I personally thought it was more important to appoint a manager who knew what he was doing. The players are good enough to stay up.

Kinnear is taking us down like, but say we sacked him and brought in someone else, who is to say that will make any difference to the players? I feel they have had as much as they can stomach regardless of who sits in the dugout now at this late stage which is worrying because we'll be relying on them to pull themselves together and to show some professional pride irrespective of their feelings about the manager or his total ineptitude.

Shearergol, honestly f*** off. You're a s*** windup merchant to start with and as someone who values Newcastle United as his second team you have no right to pour scorn on the genuine angst among fans. Chomp.

Wow, chomp indeed.

I just find it funny that you give up on the club every single f***ing season, despite being a "genuine fan". If you really support the club, you'd stick by them even in the conference.

Unlike you I don't have another team to support and while I threaten to jack it all in from time to time (who seriously hasn't?), I'm still here and will always support the club.

Keep playing that card, makes you look hard :D

I've not threatened to jack it in at all, despite not even being from Newcastle. Surely it's easier for me to give up on the club than you?

However, I'm still here, hero ;)

Seriously I'm just not in the mood for it, I'm aware I'm acting a t*** and biting but I can't help it at the moment, I just feel real shitty where NUFC is concerned. Like I said helplessness and bitter really. I see all that is happening to us and how bad it all is, and there is f*** all I can do about it other than vent my spleen on here so I'm afraid people will just have to excuse me for that, or not.

You started the f***ing thread.  mackems.gif

The mood for piss taking dick head.

Whoosh dickhead :pow:

I'm still in the mind set that I will back Newcastle right the way through this mess, alot of people have seen us in a lot worse times than I have ever seen them, and to be honest everyone my age (19) or younger has only ever seen us be reasonably successful. This IS the worst i've ever seen us and it IS the worst many my age and younger have seen us, but to me it's upto us to live upto this test as supporters.

For those older than me I can understand the frustrations and anger amongst you, but to be honest, protesting against the board and manager etc isn't going to help what so ever. We need to stick together and be united in this, and scrap our way to safety again. At the end of the season is the time to decide how you want to support your club.

We are in the most fragile place in the Premiership, no stability what so ever and a passionate support who are gradually resigning to defeat. That same resignation to defeat is being shown on the pitch. I'm not quite sure which came first to be honest, but all I know is it's reciprical (spelling?), therefore if we show a bit of fight and encouragement then we might see a bit more on the pitch.

On a seperate note, some twat in the concourse yesterday was effing and blinding at people buying beer, etc. and this really pissed me off. No-one whinges and argues with people when the transfer window is shut, if people are THAT bothered then surely they should get argumentative with everyone all the time. Besides if he wanted to buy a ticket for the game isn't that "putting money in Ashleys back pocket" too.

On the other hand at least the twat was showing some passion, something we could do with on the pitch.

I just think if we want anything to become stable again we have to look at ourselves first instead of pointing the finger when in reality we are no better..

Ashley knows he has us by the bollocks....we can't boycott games as it will be cutting off our noses to spite our face.

Exactly.  Ripping the piss and riding the arse of those same people.

Guest black n white

Another failed transfer window?

More lies and empty gestures?

A true club legend sold?

The abortion of a manager that is Joe Kinnear?

Our alarming form that has seen only 4 wins all season?

The return of Mike Ashley to his seat in the directors box?

Relegation?

I am absolutely livid right now, words fail me and I honestly couldn't describe just how angry, pissed off, alienated and downright bitter I'm feeling towards all those connected with my club.

Helplessness is the most powerful emotion I'm feeling right now, that and resignation.

We as fans need to act somehow in someway, to do something about all this.

This isn't acceptable.

Voodoo is the way ahead htt

Wheather you guys like it or not Kinner is staying here for the next 2 or 3 years. No one is willing to touch us we need to solidfy and try to become a good mid table team first in order to drive from there. It is no good to compliane about Kinner right now we have to be One and go against this tied.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Wheather you guys like it or not Kinner is staying here for the next 2 or 3 years. No one is willing to touch us we need to solidfy and try to become a good mid table team first in order to drive from there. It is no good to compliane about Kinner right now we have to be One and go against this tied.

If Kinnear stays here for three years..................................I can't even contemplate it.

I'd hate it if we were relegated, but it would act as some kind of a purge of all the high-earners who do not justify their astronomical wages at all. Owen, Duff, Smith, Butt, all on +£50k/year would be gone and off our massive wage bill which accounts for 70% of our income, reducing that wage bill would in theory free up more money for transfers and allow us to implement a new wage structure. This is all 100% worst case scenario. If we stay up I'd hope we can manage a similar kind of clear out, but on the evidence offered by the current regime if we do ship out a few players they won't be replaced. CATCH FUCKING 22!

All I'm currently hoping for is stay up, get rid of Kinnear and the pointless high-earners, install a long-term plan with a new manager to rebuild the club.

I don't care about European football or owt like that, I'm just sick of us being a laughing stock

I'm just trying to gauge how important people value this window because it doesn't seem people have realised the significance of it yet and only will if we go down. For me our inability to sufficiently strengthen has weakened our cause.

I personally thought it was more important to appoint a manager who knew what he was doing. The players are good enough to stay up.

Kinnear is taking us down like, but say we sacked him and brought in someone else, who is to say that will make any difference to the players? I feel they have had as much as they can stomach regardless of who sits in the dugout now at this late stage which is worrying because we'll be relying on them to pull themselves together and to show some professional pride irrespective of their feelings about the manager or his total ineptitude.

I don't for one minute believe the Kinnear 3 year contract thing, if we stay up a new manager will come in, if we go down theres no way he'll stay. It may have been a "red herring agreement" to increase his value to any future employer.

Kinnear was never the answer but when everyone else was walking out on us or refusing to touch us, he came and if nothing else we had a manager in the dressing room.

Of course no one wanted him but to imply the players are not playing for him is crazy - most have shown superb attitude in the face of the recent adversity and terrible injury crisis (not to mention a spate of awful refereeing decisions).

Joe will go - but right now he's what we've got and he's doing his best.

I said a week ago in another thread I hope there's loads of protests and if that resulted in relegation, so be it! The premiership is not all that it’s cracked up to be anyway!  I'd rather be a set of fans who don't stand for being walked over than a set of fans who settle for Premiership survival at the expense of their pride! Would you let anyone else treat you as Ashley has since he's owned the club? Not only is he embarrassing the club but also the city and region!

Before people say back the club/team, where has that ever got us? Anyone who says that should read the book which marked NUFC's history since we last won a domestic cup! Various owners over the years have done nothing but treat the fans with contempt! This has got to end!

Also the club is not Ashley's, the club belongs to the fans, and in my view NUFC is nothing but the fans! So I'd rather get relegated if that meant Ashley left and we got in a decent owner who would know he'd have to treat the fans with respect. It would also be a chance to finally move on, the new owners and fans together!

Also for anyone who says you’re not a real fan if you don’t support the team, well at this moment in time I think supporting the club is more damaging long term as it just allows people to get away with conning the fans!

I just think it would be a watershed in NUFC’s history as I don’t think the fans have ever stood up for themselves! I'm not after millions being spent or anything but just want to be treat with common decency!!

I said a week ago in another thread I hope there's loads of protests and if that resulted in relegation, so be it! The premiership is not all that it’s cracked up to be anyway!  I'd rather be a set of fans who don't stand for being walked over than a set of fans who settle for Premiership survival at the expense of their pride! Would you let anyone else treat you as Ashley has since he's owned the club? Not only is he embarrassing the club but also the city and region!

Before people say back the club/team, where has that ever got us? Anyone who says that should read the book which marked NUFC's history since we last won a domestic cup! Various owners over the years have done nothing but treat the fans with contempt! This has got to end!

Also the club is not Ashley's, the club belongs to the fans, and in my view NUFC is nothing but the fans! So I'd rather get relegated if that meant Ashley left and we got in a decent owner who would know he'd have to treat the fans with respect. It would also be a chance to finally move on, the new owners and fans together!

Also for anyone who says you’re not a real fan if you don’t support the team, well at this moment in time I think supporting the club is more damaging long term as it just allows people to get away with conning the fans!

I just think it would be a watershed in NUFC’s history as I don’t think the fans have ever stood up for themselves! I'm not after millions being spent or anything but just want to be treat with common decency!!

"cut your nose off, despite your face"

I said a week ago in another thread I hope there's loads of protests and if that resulted in relegation, so be it! The premiership is not all that its cracked up to be anyway!  I'd rather be a set of fans who don't stand for being walked over than a set of fans who settle for Premiership survival at the expense of their pride! Would you let anyone else treat you as Ashley has since he's owned the club? Not only is he embarrassing the club but also the city and region!

Also for anyone who says youre not a real fan if you dont support the team, well at this moment in time I think supporting the club is more damaging long term as it just allows people to get away with conning the fans!

I just think it would be a watershed in NUFCs history as I dont think the fans have ever stood up for themselves! I'm not after millions being spent or anything but just want to be treat with common decency!!

You could call it that or you could call it standing up for yourself and saying enough is enough!

LOL it's cut your nose off to spite your face not despite your face :D

The shame is unbearable.

The shame is unbearable.

Good to hear it :)

I said a week ago in another thread I hope there's loads of protests and if that resulted in relegation, so be it! The premiership is not all that its cracked up to be anyway!  I'd rather be a set of fans who don't stand for being walked over than a set of fans who settle for Premiership survival at the expense of their pride! Would you let anyone else treat you as Ashley has since he's owned the club? Not only is he embarrassing the club but also the city and region!

Also for anyone who says youre not a real fan if you dont support the team, well at this moment in time I think supporting the club is more damaging long term as it just allows people to get away with conning the fans!

I just think it would be a watershed in NUFCs history as I dont think the fans have ever stood up for themselves! I'm not after millions being spent or anything but just want to be treat with common decency!!

You could call it that or you could call it standing up for yourself and saying enough is enough!

http://www.multimap.com/s/VFC5qP6w

Guest toonlass

I am as sick as anyone about what is happening to this club, my club, our club. BUT I will not be cancelling my season ticket, I will be there next year whichever division we are in. Its not because I want to financially support Mike Ashley, its because I want to support MY team, OUR team! I will not be bottling it, I won't be taking the easy option to just walk away. Newcastle is still my club. Its abhorant what is happening there, but to walk away is to give up without so much as a whimper.