The Arshavin Deal

Dave

Gotta love when someone is being honest - don't get a lot of that in football these days.

Also, re: the actual deal: I don't think there's anything fishy about it not being announced until today.  They probably had all of the paperwork and what-not done before the window closed but just had to come to an agreement over the fees and shit.

Guest optimistic nit

Much as the deal annoys me, Andrei deserves the chance to play in a major European league, so I'm glad he's getting it.

aye but he's a cock. would have preffered it if he'd froze his arse of in russia for the rest of his career tbh.

Much as the deal annoys me, Andrei deserves the chance to play in a major European league, so I'm glad he's getting it.

aye but he's a cock. would have preffered it if he'd froze his arse of in russia for the rest of his career tbh.

i think it's his former club was cock... you can't blame anyone who want to have his dream isn't it?

Cos its Arsenal and in London?

In a word - YES

While Babatunde above is correct, if it had of been NUFC we would have been told "Tough Shìt"

This preferential treatment of the Arse would also have applied if the recipient club had of been Man U Liverpool or a number of London clubs

Not just Arsenal then, but a small knot of "favoured-by-the-FA" clubs

I think this is a very good buy for Arsenal. They need someone operating between striker and midfield who can turn all their possession into chances and goals. I don't think Van Persie and Adebayor make a good combination, whatever their individual qualities, because they both like to operate as out and out strikers.

Arsenal to overtake Villa and secure 4th place.

It was just a backlog of paper work and Arsenal were being especially cautious by not announcing it, chillax!

So why was every other deal done the same day as the deadline while the Arshavin deal was only finished a full day later?  I can't remember any other deals being finished a day later.

I think this is a very good buy for Arsenal. They need someone operating between striker and midfield who can turn all their possession into chances and goals. I don't think Van Persie and Adebayor make a good combination, whatever their individual qualities, because they both like to operate as out and out strikers.

I agree entirely, I wish Adebayor was sold in the summer when hem big bids came in tbh.

They probably had all of the paperwork and what-not done before the window closed but just had to come to an agreement over the fees and shit.

Those agreements have to be made before the paperwork is sent.

Of course it's probably dodgy, but unless the other clubs make a complaint nothing will come of it. And even then, it's not like the FA weren't aware of what was going on. To what extent one might ask, however.

I agree entirely, I wish Adebayor was sold in the summer when hem big bids came in tbh.

Arsenal's strikeforce is weak. van Persie and Sheyi are the only goal scorers in that team and Sheyi is erratic at best. Arsenal don't even really use wingers, so that is not helpful either. Nasri has a good shot, but is stuck on the wing. Fabregas is not a scrorer, Denilson is useless. Admittedly they are missing Rosicky and Eduardo who can both put the ball in the back of the net, but both these players wil struggle to make an impact until next season. If Arsenal want some CL football next year, they need to find a source of goals other than RVP (who is brilliant) and Sheyi (who is average).

If Arsenal want some CL football next year, they need to find a source of goals other than RVP (who is brilliant) and Sheyi (who is average).

Bendtner? Not that I rate him that highly but he gets them the odd goal. And he alone obviously isn't enough.

Guest Heneage

He's the weirdest player ever, he does really well for Denmark, scoes some good goals but for Arsenal it just goes arse over tit.