The Arshavin Deal

Dave

The funny thing is, Arsenal have loads of this sort of player.... they are leaking goals at the back and need a Flamini-type player in central midfield again, a new centre half, and possibly a keeper. So what do they do?

Spunk £18m on a new playmaker. Unreal.

Guest Heneage

The funny thing is, Arsenal have loads of this sort of player.... they are leaking goals at the back and need a Flamini-type player in central midfield again, a new centre half, and possibly a keeper. So what do they do?

Who cares they will be fucking brilliant to watch.

Who cares they will be fucking brilliant to watch.

I never said otherwise, did I? I'm talking purely from Wenger's/an Arsenal fan's point of view, in terms of what will get them the most points this season.

Guest firetotheworks

Im really looking forward to seeing him. As much as he seems like hes up his own arse I wouldnt want to see him fail, just because watching him do well will be brilliant to watch.

Guest Heneage

Who cares they will be f***ing brilliant to watch.

I never said otherwise, did I? I'm talking purely from Wenger's/an Arsenal fan's point of view, in terms of what will get them the most points this season.

Aye it'll be great to watch Ash's mental breakdown.

Every single photo of him, he seems to be pulling a funny face

He'll get on well with N'Zogbia when he finally gets his move to Arsenal, then.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080621/19/1513246392-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-quarter-final-holland-v-russia.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/02/article-0-033C8EEC000005DC-331_306x456.jpg

:lol:

His signing reminds me of Spurs' philosophy of papering over their defensive cracks and the fact they sold their 2 best strikers in the summer, by buying more light-weight midfielders.

Arsenal don't need him imo.

But, glad he's in the Premiership. Let's see how he copes in a major league week in week out.

Guest Heneage

Interviewer: "Have you spoken to Roman Pavlyuchenko about your move yet?"

Arshavin: "No."

Interviewer: "Why not?"

Arshavin: "He's not a friend of mine."

[/quote

Where's that? :lol:

Apparently there was a backlog of registrations for the FA to ratify caused by the volume of transactions and the shortage of staff caused by FA staff not getting into work due to the weather.

However, every other deal managed to be finalised except this one and it has taken until late this afternoon to finalise??  Smells a bit arsey to me!!

The SSN reporter that has been camped outside Arsenal for the last 2 days did say earlier today that 'the Asharvin deal and a couple of others were still to be confirmed by the FA.'

Guest kingdawson

Interviewer: "Have you spoken to Roman Pavlyuchenko about your move yet?"

Arshavin: "No."

Interviewer: "Why not?"

Arshavin: "He's not a friend of mine."

It's common knowledge him and Pav don't get on. There was an article about it a while back.