James Troisi

stalker

Does anybody here follow the Turkish league? Money's talk about Australian Brad Inman made me wonder about young Troisi and how he's been getting on since leaving the toon. According to Wikipedia he's scored 7 in 14 this season in the Turkish top flight, which are very impressive figures for a winger. Maybe one we let go too soon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Troisi

Never really got a chance, but looked pretty good in friendlies. Fast and not afraid to take people on.

I thought he got a bit of a raw deal here, he was better than Pattison and yet he always got game time first. Or at all, for that matter.

Does anybody here follow the Turkish league? Money's talk about Australian Brad Inman made me wonder about young Troisi and how he's been getting on since leaving the toon. According to Wikipedia he's scored 7 in 14 this season in the Turkish top flight, which are very impressive figures for a winger. Maybe one we let go too soon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Troisi

I thought that Troisi had a bit of class in his game but he didn't work hard and I think that probably went against him here, Keegan musn't have liked him.

Guest Heneage

He looked canny against Celtic. Was always weird he was just let go. Maybe says something the fact he's succeeding, when the more hyped prospects such as Marc Walton (Where is he now?) and Alan O'Brien aren't really that great.

• 3 years later...
Juventus are in talks to clinch the signing of Australia international James Troisi - although he won't play for them for at least 12 months.

The Italian giants plan to loan the 23-year-old to newly promoted side Pescara once he joins from Turkish side Kayserispor.

According to his father and agent, Alby Troisi, negotiations could be concluded as early as next week for his son, who reportedly turned down a lucrative deal in Qatar for the chance to play in Italy.

He told The World Game: "Talks with Juventus are ongoing and it looks like a deal will hopefully be done which sees him join the club and then go out to Pescara, on a season-long loan.

"The plan then is for him to come back to Juventus in year two. That's where we're at right now.

"It's not totally secured yet but hopefully everything will be resolved by next week.

"If the deal goes ahead it will be a dream for James, it's what every young player strives for.

"James has opted to test himself and see if he can reach his heights as a footballer and I support him all the way."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/7555/7833021/Juve-in-talks-over-Troisi-swoop

He had a good season in the Turkish league last year. Not good enough for Juventus currently, but playing regularly in the Serie A will improve him. Still don't think he would have made it here. Players need to move on to develop.