NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if we had kept our best players, who didn't want to go ala Owen, Given and zoggy for starters, backed our managers and therefore kept them, and reached 2 FA Cup Finals, then I daresay Ashley would have been given more time by people like me too.

2 FA cup finals eh.  :lol:

Besides Butt doesn't think Owen is desperate for a move.

“I just feel he’s at the club and he’s not unhappy. When players want to leave you can tell straight away.

“Shay (Given) got to the point where it was time for him to leave — it was right for him. That’s the good thing . . . you don’t see that with Michael.”

Shay Given had been edging closer to a move away before Ashley turned up, as had the Zog. Shame about Given in a way, but couldn't give a flying fuck about N'Zogbia, and neither have moved on to bigger and better clubs.

utter bollocks.

You asked me why don't I/we give Ashley more time. I've told you why.

Before the Halls and Shepherd, knackers like you would have loved to reach an FA Cup Final or finish halfway in the top league. If your man Ashley does this you'll be turning cartwheels.

We had a board who didn't accept and weren't happy with what was termed as "mediocrity" but now similar performance under your man will be deemed as success, such is the change in expectation.

Its quite astonishing how dumb a perspective you have.

Fat Fred must have laced your pies with arsenic, such is your personality complex about him. Poor boy.

You remind me of a cousin of mine who says he's "always been a supporter" when he never went to watch the team for about 15 years until the Halls and Shepherd attracted him back, and now acts the "long term supporter who's always supported the toon", with no idea of the hole the club were in when they took over, nor the years of utter humiliation on the pitch and rubbish that we put up with.

There are 30,000 the same and my guess is you are one of them. Everything you say points to it.

It's not utter bollocks at all, two losing FA Cup finals didn't make up for our 11 place fall down the league although you seem to think that it does as your defending it.  Our expectations were raised by Sir John, I doubt anybody expected us to go from 2nd to 13th in one season, especially after finishing 3rd, 6th, 2nd and 2nd for 4 seasons.  Our 2nd place wasn't a one off as we'd finished top 6 for 4 years in a row and we were top 3 for 3 of those seasons so our 2nd place wasn't a one off.

So you think he was foolish to leave his entire fortune and business in the hands of someone else with no consultation ?

Seriously. You need to have a good long look at the tripe you are posting here lad. I know you have a personality complex, having been called nasty names by fat fred, but if you go through life being mortally wounded by people calling you nasty names, you won't get very far.

Sir John left his entire fortune to two fools, Douglas and Freddy and both of them proved that they were not as good as he was, both his business and his football club went backwards once he gave up control.  He obviously did have some say but didn't make decisions, juse like every other shareholder in any business.

So you think he was foolish to leave his entire fortune and business in the hands of someone else with no consultation ?

Seriously. You need to have a good long look at the tripe you are posting here lad. I know you have a personality complex, having been called nasty names by fat fred, but if you go through life being mortally wounded by people calling you nasty names, you won't get very far.

Sir John left his entire fortune to two fools, Douglas and Freddy and both of them proved that they were not as good as he was, both his business and his football club went backwards once he gave up control.  He obviously did have some say but didn't make decisions, juse like every other shareholder in any business.

He actually didn't Mick, but he left enough of it for them to squander....Sir John made sure that his own personal wealth was removed from the control of the 2 people you mention.

Douglas was in total control of Cameron Hall developments after Sir John retired from the business in 1993 and when he stepped down as Chairman of NUFC in 1997, the club was a PLC so he must have known that Shepherd & Co were under a certain degree of control from City rules etc.

As everyone knows, CHD went bust in 2002 but Sir John's personal monies were not part of the business.

if we had kept our best players, who didn't want to go ala Owen, Given and zoggy for starters, backed our managers and therefore kept them, and reached 2 FA Cup Finals, then I daresay Ashley would have been given more time by people like me too.

Owen is still here and I have never thought from the day that he signed that he'd be here any longer than he had to, I don't think he'd be here if anybody else had been in for him and had made an acceptable bid for him.  He didn't even want to sign for us initially, he wanted to come on loan and only signed because he wanted to increase his chance of playing for his beloved England.  I'm not bothered about him going as he's simply not value for money, the worst thing about him going is that it could send a signal to others we're looking to bring in.

Given going doesn't bother me and it never has as I've always thought that Harper was good enough and has always had a raw deal and been dropped far too early.  N'Zogbia, I'm a bit pissed off about him but once the dummy went then he had to go.  N'Zogbia has been pissed about for years and Kinnear was just one manager he perceived to be pissing him about too many.

The two cup finals in no way made up from dropping from 2nd to 13th, I would probably settled for a win out of one of those but the league position drop was shocking by any standards, more than the actual league position if that makes any sense.  As for the finals themselves, I think next to relegation getting back to central London after a cup defeat is as bad as it gets.

pretty much as I expected. Rubbish.

You have no perception whatsoever of how certain transfers - buys and sales - send out messages and signal intentions to the rest of football about the club.

Bit of a shame really, particularly as you have expressed misguided comments about being "embarrassed" by PR gaffes which exist nowhere other than in your head and others like you who have personal agendas and really worry about such things.

Bet you didn't turn down your FA Cup Final ticket out of principle and your little hurt feelings regarding Dirty Doug and Fat Fred.

2 FA cup finals eh.  :lol:

Besides Butt doesn't think Owen is desperate for a move.

“I just feel he’s at the club and he’s not unhappy. When players want to leave you can tell straight away.

“Shay (Given) got to the point where it was time for him to leave — it was right for him. That’s the good thing . . . you don’t see that with Michael.”

Shay Given had been edging closer to a move away before Ashley turned up, as had the Zog. Shame about Given in a way, but couldn't give a flying fuck about N'Zogbia, and neither have moved on to bigger and better clubs.

you turning your nose up at 2 FA Cup Finals ?

Lets hope it isn't another 24 years before we get to another one again.

Pathetic. Another fool who has grown up with higher expectations and took them for granted.

pretty much as I expected. Rubbish.

You have no perception whatsoever of how certain transfers - buys and sales - send out messages and signal intentions to the rest of football about the club.

Bit of a shame really, particularly as you have expressed misguided comments about being "embarrassed" by PR gaffes which exist nowhere other than in your head and others like you who have personal agendas and really worry about such things.

Bet you didn't turn down your FA Cup Final ticket out of principle and your little hurt feelings regarding Dirty Doug and Fat Fred.

I've actually mentioned the signal that Owen going could put out, also, no I didn't turn down an FA Cup ticket out of principle.  Like I've said in the past and within the last couple of days, I was willinig to give them a chance to get things right and they did with the appointment of Robson, only to screw it up again.

He actually didn't Mick, but he left enough of it for them to squander....Sir John made sure that his own personal wealth was removed from the control of the 2 people you mention.

Douglas was in total control of Cameron Hall developments after Sir John retired from the business in 1993 and when he stepped down as Chairman of NUFC in 1997, the club was a PLC so he must have known that Shepherd & Co were under a certain degree of control from City rules etc.

As everyone knows, CHD went bust in 2002 but Sir John's personal monies were not part of the business.

You're right.   :thup:

michael teasdale of nusc on look north just now, very sensible words "derek was very candid, though some answers just led to more questions. remains to be seen whether the club's business plan or system is workable. the people in charge now are going to be in charge for a while so look forward to talking with the club again to build up a positive dialogue" words to that effect. seems nusc are gradually taking a more pragmatic approach which is good to see.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

Wonder if they are gutted that Frank Gilmour from the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association and that bloke who writes for the fanzine that I've never heard of have both been asked for their opinions on Shearer coming back by Sky and they haven't?

It's hardly their fault that the media don't do any research whatsoever. Good to see old Frank still keeping up the act, anyway. I wouldn't be able to go on television and radio and lie all the time.

not so Dave, even their good friends Simon Byrd and George Caulkin have ignored them..would have thought they'd be first port of call for those two when wanting fan reaction.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brummiemag

Damned if they do and damned if they dont, basically they can't win. 

Some people on here will criticise them whatever they do.

Dave is quite right and I think and hope you will hear a lot more from them once this disaster of a season has finished

Guest LucaAltieri

Silence is the best we can hope for.

I really hope the press (and ideally the club) continue to ignore them. The less legitimacy they have, the better.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont, basically they can't win. 

Some people on here will criticise them whatever they do.

Dave is quite right and I think and hope you will hear a lot more from them once this disaster of a season has finished

Think they've been right to be quiet. Since they have, Wise has gone, and Shearer's came in.

the father bought a new fanzine the other day from the people at Talkofthetyne .  There's a bit in there where they brand NUSC pretty much useless and ineffective.

what is that ?

the father bought a new fanzine the other day from the people at Talkofthetyne .  There's a bit in there where they brand NUSC pretty much useless and ineffective.

what is that ?

http://www.thetalkofthetyne.com/fanzine/

UK - TOTT Fanzine- Issue 000

£1.00

The TOTT Fanzine...ISSUE ONE - OUT NOW (wahay)

Our alternative punchline - "Un-proffesional and Proud" You'll see...

Born on the 15th April 2009 the new TOTT Fanzine, it's written by the fans and is intended to be informal, unofficial, truthful and a bit of fun, god knows we need it at the moment.

Issue 001 is the first ever, only 500 will be printed and at an introductory price of £1 you may as well have a read.

We have an Alan Shearer special section and much more in this issue, we give you a chance to win a signed print of Sir Bobby Robson accepting manager of the month in 2000 - go on, for a quid it's worth it.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed making it.

Fuck me, they must've never have heard of layout design. That's bloody horrid for a front page of a magazine, be it a fanzine or not.

http://www.thetalkofthetyne.com/fanzine/images/IssueOneFanzine.jpg

• 1 month later...