NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

qualifying for the Champions League ?

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

with your usual hindsight, do you think Mike Ashley will match the Halls and Shepherd ? Why don't you email Mike and tell him your criteria for appointing managers, as you agreed with at least 4 of the ones made by the Halls and Shepherd  bluelaugh.gif

Ok Mr 5.

I do not beleive that Ashley will match Hall and Shepherds first 10 years.

I do however believe that should we survive this season we will see an improvement in the squad, manager and performances. We will start to see players who want to play for the club and see it as a place to develop. European qualification within the next 3 years would be achievable.

Now......

Do you believe that had the Halls and Shepherd remained in control that they would match their previous 10 years?

Guest toonlass

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to sell at a massive loss just to appease a bunch of people who are calling him a c***.

No he wont sell at a loss because he's not got the interests of the club at heart, he's got the interests of his back pocket at heart and he wants to recoup every penny he's put in

AGAIN

Why does Mike Ashley not have the best interests of our club at heart? Can you explain that? When he is putting in his own money, yes its a loan but at 0%, and Shepherd put in a loan at 11%. What makes Ashley the demon that he has been painted as, apart from Keegan walking out?

And no I am not an Ashley apologist or supporter, but the "Ashley couldn't give a toss" line is starting to wear thin with me.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Doiubtless you two clowns are just full of bright ideas about where to get more money for players etc.

Let's hear 'em, then.

Do you honestly think Shepherd was going to get us back into the Champions League? :lol:

with your usual hindsight, do you think Mike Ashley will match the Halls and Shepherd ? Why don't you email Mike and tell him your criteria for appointing managers, as you agreed with at least 4 of the ones made by the Halls and Shepherd  bluelaugh.gif

Avoiding the direct questions once again NE5.

The Halls and Shepherd have admitted to, once purchasing their shares for the few million they did (Shepherd in particular), never putting their hand in their pockets and contributing to Newcastle United from their own money. Sir John Hall purchased the club and lent the club x number of pounds at an interest rate of 11%, and then began taking a salary. There's an article in The Guardian today which is linked on nufc.com stating that the Hall's and Shepherd made £148 million

out of Newcastle, but left the club right up shit creek by building a club based on credit and sponsorship paid up front. Imaging the state we'd be in now if they were still in charge in the current economic climate! We'd be left with massive crippling debts that would be impossible to service due to the impossibility of gaining finance from any banks or other lenders, which would lead to a slippery slope ending in administration, a points deduction and general oblivion.

We would've been dead in the water.

I'm certainly not an Ashley-phile, him and his lot have made so many mistakes its not even believable at times, and I hope Dennis Wise fucks off and dies, but his cash has dug Newcastle out of a black hole that would only have ended in total and utter financial ruin.

The Halls and Shepherd have admitted to, once purchasing their shares for the few million they did (Shepherd in particular), never putting their hand in their pockets and contributing to Newcastle United from their own money. Sir John Hall purchased the club and lent the club x number of pounds at an interest rate of 11%, and then began taking a salary. There's an article in The Guardian today which is linked on nufc.com stating that the Hall's and Shepherd made £148 million

out of Newcastle, but left the club right up s*** creek by building a club based on credit and sponsorship paid up front. Imaging the state we'd be in now if they were still in charge in the current economic climate! We'd be left with massive crippling debts that would be impossible to service due to the impossibility of gaining finance from any banks or other lenders, which would lead to a slippery slope ending in administration, a points deduction and general oblivion.

We would've been dead in the water.

I'm certainly not an Ashley-phile, him and his lot have made so many mistakes its not even believable at times, and I hope Dennis Wise f***s off and dies, but his cash has dug Newcastle out of a black hole that would only have ended in total and utter financial ruin.

I doubt we could have paid our way if it wasn't for the change in ownership because I doubt Hall and Shepherd could have put the money in that made up the difference between what came in and what went out.  I would hate to think what would have happened if they were here and we defaulted on any loan repayments.

Let's hear 'em, then.

Ok Mr 5.

I do however believe that should we survive this season we will see an improvement in the squad, manager and performances. We will start to see players who want to play for the club and see it as a place to develop. European qualification within the next 3 years would be achievable.

Now......

Do you believe that had the Halls and Shepherd remained in control that they would match their previous 10 years?

I think - just like the first couple of years under Bobby Robson - they were aware of the need to regroup, take stock, with the aim to have another go. This however entails a degree of prudency in the transfer market which doesn't have to involve selling your best players or creating a club where they wanted to leave because they [and they should know] see the club as a club going nowhere. This was one of the reasons why Allardyce was appointed, because he had shown he could re-build a club to a certain degree, without needing big resources Then they would have aimed higher again, just like they did under Robson. Maybe with another manager. How well they do depends on the manager, but they would have backed their appointments again. The difference is I don't think Ashley will do it.

I don't think with a director of football, we will see the club get back to what it was, especially if it is Denis Wise. And I think if we do stay up, next season will be just like this one, and the next. Relegation is inevitable under the current approach.

Yeah, I'm sure he's going to sell at a massive loss just to appease a bunch of people who are calling him a c***.

No he wont sell at a loss because he's not got the interests of the club at heart, he's got the interests of his back pocket at heart and he wants to recoup every penny he's put in

AGAIN

Why does Mike Ashley not have the best interests of our club at heart? Can you explain that? When he is putting in his own money, yes its a loan but at 0%, and Shepherd put in a loan at 11%. What makes Ashley the demon that he has been painted as, apart from Keegan walking out?

And no I am not an Ashley apologist or supporter, but the "Ashley couldn't give a toss" line is starting to wear thin with me.

Just maybe someone outside the area can see a clearer picture toonlass ?

Guest Brummiemag

AGAIN

AGAIN This is why I dont think he has our best interests at heart

Just because he spent  £250 million of his own money to buy the club, it

doesn't necessarily mean he has the best interests of the club at heart.

(indeed part of that figure was due to his own failure to undertake due

diligence)

More importantly there are many reasons people buy football clubs. He may

well have bought it as a play thing to boost his own ego, image, profile and

popularity. He may also have bought it as an investment with the intention

of making a profit.

The bottom line is he tried to sell the club and couldn't sell it for the

price he was asking. In other words he wanted all of his £250 million back but now

he's stuck with a football club he doesn't want and has no natural affinity

with and he's now attempting to recoup as much as possible by selling players, cutting costs and maximising income.

He's supposed to be worth a billion and if he really cared about NUFC

he would have been prepared to sell at a loss.

I hope I'm wrong and your right but thats the way it looks to me

Let's hear 'em, then.

In 2001 do you regret the fact we didn't:

• Cut back on signings and not brought in Bellamy & Robert
  • Sell the likes of Dyer for a good profit
  • Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • Get someone like Vinnie Jones in to buy and sell players over Robson's head.
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

I think - just like the first couple of years under Bobby Robson - they were aware of the need to regroup, take stock, with the aim to have another go. This however entails a degree of prudency in the transfer market which doesn't have to involve selling your best players or creating a club where they wanted to leave because they [and they should know] see the club as a club going nowhere. This was one of the reasons why Allardyce was appointed, because he had shown he could re-build a club to a certain degree, without needing big resources Then they would have aimed higher again, just like they did under Robson. Maybe with another manager. How well they do depends on the manager, but they would have backed their appointments again. The difference is I don't think Ashley will do it.

I don't think with a director of football, we will see the club get back to what it was, especially if it is Denis Wise. And I think if we do stay up, next season will be just like this one, and the next. Relegation is inevitable under the current approach.

How would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

How would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

does this mean you really do advocate going back to the McKeag / Seymour days ?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Let's hear 'em, then.

Ok Mr 5.

Now......

I disagree, mate. Under the previous regime we were a timebomb of financial ruin that's addled the current regime with mountainous debts that require clearing. I think Allardyce was backed in the transfer market and bought some absolute dogshit (CACAAAAAAAAAAAAAPAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!) which probably jolted them into appointing a Director of Football when Keegan was re-installed due to Keegan having admitted to having not really paid attention to football since leaving Citeh.

I think this Summer is going to be the defining period for Ashley and his cohorts, get a few of the useless high-earners out of the club (Viduka, Smith etc) to drop the wage bill, appoint a manager who isn't a retard, get rid of dirty Den, and then see what can be done. A few signings of the calibre of Bassong and Jonas and I'll be very happy.

Let's hear 'em, then.

• Let injury prone Shearer's contract run down so he could leave on a free and we could get his high wages off the bill (after all, we had a ready made replacement coming through from the youth team).
  • If it pissed off Robson and he left, should we have replaced him with someone like Dave Basset.

he'll avoid it again UV

Guest toonlass

Let's hear 'em, then.

he'll avoid it again UV

OMG talk about the pot calling the kettle,  :lol:

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Totally agree with that, Mick. I had completely overlooked the fact that we were previously a Plc which would have made us double-fucked!

Bad.

Your happy, just above relegation?

Relevant?

yes.

Incorrect.  I can be both unhappy with our current league position AND unhappy/unsupportive of the way NUSC conducts itself.

I cannot imagine the magnitude of idiocy required to think the two are mutually exclusive.

does this mean you really do advocate going back to the McKeag / Seymour days ?

I'm giving you the opportunity to tell us how we would have survived without Ashley.  We've got audited accounts which suggest that without him we were financially in the shit.

This should be an easy question for you to answer, again, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

Bad.

Your happy, just above relegation?

Relevant?

yes.

Incorrect.  I can be both unhappy with our current league position AND unhappy/unsupportive of the way NUSC conducts itself.

I cannot imagine the magnitude of idiocy required to think the two are mutually exclusive.

try harder then.